Historical temp & energy reporting
3 3

51 posts in this topic

We need the historical temp and energy reporting similar to V1.

I would not use the word "need".

Without historical temp and energy reporting equal or BETTER than V1, I will put my IRIS system up for sale right here on this forum, and find something else to meet my needs. 

V2 will NEVER be installed at my place without historical temp and energy reporting equal or BETTER than V1.

That is a BIG reason that I bought IRIS back in the year 2012.

Can you hear me now?

This was the reason I bought $350 worth of iris equipment, because the website said it could do this.  Then everything I received was v2, and low and behold, it can't do any of it.  Oh, and they updated the website since then too.  I also needed the cellular connection, which the web said was available.  So all my equipment went back a couple weeks ago.  Wish I could find another system that would do it.

From Iris on the community website

Re-introducing energy monitoring isn't something we're working on currently. According to our metrics on V1, we didn't see widespread adoption of this feature set. However, we would appreciate use cases for temperature graphing.

Looks like if I want to use my Aeon Labs energy monitor I am going to have to get a hub for a different system.

sparc likes this

From Iris on the community website
Re-introducing energy monitoring isn't something we're working on currently. According to our metrics on V1, we didn't see widespread adoption of this feature set. However, we would appreciate use cases for temperature graphing.
Looks like if I want to use my Aeon Labs energy monitor I am going to have to get a hub for a different system.

Yep, sounds like they have no plans to add support for devices we bought for v1 that are now paper weights.
sparc and scunny like this

6 minutes ago, dusterp said:

Yep, sounds like they have no plans to add support for devices we bought for v1 that are now paper weights.

I'm tired of waiting and have moved on with the EyeDro clamps and probably going to switch to sense.

3 minutes ago, scunny said:

I'm tired of waiting and have moved on with the EyeDro clamps and probably going to switch to sense.

Why couldn't they have just said from the beginning, instead of not saying anything.  Also why put an energy card if you have no plans to actually add it.

Dan8785, loonytim and sparc like this

Irregardless of what was said on the official Iris forum I do not believe they have no intention of not having energy monitoring but it has a very low priority behind professional monitoring and local processing. 

7 hours ago, thegillion said:

Scunny I think you are right. professional monitoring is just a new way for them to milk the Iris cow some more.

Agree, if it doesn't contribute to the bottom line then its probably low priority.

After how many years since Iris debuted they are probably under pressure to
show a reasonable return in the investment Lowes has put out to date. So
anything that makes money is on the radar and anything else is sidelined. 

8 hours ago, thegillion said:

Hmm what if there was a place to see everything. Like if you ran ST, Iris and Aeon Labs but just want page or app to see them all.

Are you hinting that you may bring this about in a new web portal where users could connect to multiple systems and view it all in one place? Because that would be awesome.

thegillion likes this

7 hours ago, dusterp said:

This is just wrong, I'm over it. My hub can't even turn on a light with motion. Little lone monitor a battery level.

I don't understand your response because I'm not sure who you are replying to.
What (of the many things about Iris) is wrong.

Your hub knows the battery level, or at least has access to that information on
every battery powered device, they just choose not to do anything with it.

At least that's how I see it being that we can see the battery level of all our devices
through the web portal thanks to thegillion.

On 1/12/2017 at 10:14 PM, dusterp said:

Maybe if they activated it there would be more folks that would be interested in it!

How about an official response Loews?

42 minutes ago, LobsterBoxed said:

Maybe if they activated it there would be more folks that would be interested in it!

How about an official response Loews?

Might want to go over to the Iris Community Forum run by Lowes if you want a official response.  The quote I put up in my earlier post is from Lowes on that forum.

However, they have only been slightly more active in that forum than here so far.