Warning About Version 2 Hub Resets
4 4

11 posts in this topic

Several folks here have reported losing all of their paired devices from accidentally performing a total hub reset. Do not hold the reset button for more than 2 seconds.

If you hold the red reset button down for ~20 seconds your hub will perform a total reset and remove all paired devices.

If you would like to reboot your hub, you can push and hold the reset button until you get a red led on the hub which will take only about 2 seconds and then immediately release the button and your hub will reboot.  If you continue to hold the button down beyond that short 2 second time frame you risk performing a total reset.

tread, dfahey37, usmcss and 1 other like this

Yes, the problem is, some people were told by SUPPORT to perform a total reset, and then support says "oh whoops , not our problem to fix your 50+ devices. have fun!"... still not happy!

sparc likes this

Several folks here have reported losing all of their paired devices from accidentally performing a total hub reset. Do not hold the reset button for more than 2 seconds.

If you hold the red reset button down for ~20 seconds your hub will perform a total reset and remove all paired devices.

If you would like to reboot your hub, you can push and hold the reset button until you get a red led on the hub which will take only about 2 seconds and then immediately release the button and your hub will reboot.  If you continue to hold the button down beyond that short 2 second time frame you risk performing a total reset.

For those looking for a alternative, unplugging the device and removing the batteries then replacing them will perform the device reboot without using the reset button.   

IrisUsers, Otto Mation and Dan8785 like this

I had 26 devices fall off-line, and the Lowes Technician told me to hold the RED button on the HUB down for 30 seconds.

All 73 devices were deleted!!!!!!

I have been waiting 3 days for Tier 2 support to call back...and spent about 20 hours repairing devices to the HUB. I wish I had known about this forum before this disaster!!!

Ok... Everything been running beutifully until last night...Then hub disconnected. I tried the 2 second reset with no luck. Then unplugged and removed the batteries. Reconnected everything and dead...No lights at all...Even held button for 30 seconds and no lights...Hub just dead....Any thoughts. Help.... 

They are a little finicky about restarting after removing the batteries.  Load the batteries back up.  Make sure they are good.  Then plug the power supply into the hub and give it a bit and it should restart.  If not unplug the power supply and try again.  If all of that fails try to plug in the power supply without the batteries and it should crank up.

1 hour ago, trdennis said:

Been working great for most of the year....Sad. want to get it back up and running. I like the system.

You should call support.  I am not sure but it looks like you may have reset your hub.  You can find more on what the lights mean here:

https://support.irisbylowes.com/link/portal/30143/30206/Article/587/What-do-the-various-blinking-light-patterns-mean-on-the-front-of-the-Next-Gen-Iris-Hub