Return Success?
1 1

16 posts in this topic

I just sent lowes customer care an email requesting return authorization for all of my v1 products as well as current v2 products I've purchased. This system has flip flopped from great to horrible in a matter of months. I also called iris CS and was told there was no ETA on system stabilization at this time and it may be weeks to months for full recovery. What joke for self proclaiming "security" system. I'm well aware of the faults of a self monitored security system but its no excuse for zero back end support.

Has anyone else had success getting your money back?

OHTRTA likes this

I think one of the best selling features of Iris is that it is a system from Lowe's.  Lowe's is known for standing behind their products and honoring a return if you are not completely satisfied.  They will give you a merchandise credit if you no longer have receipts for any items purchased at Lowe's.  Other than the obvious problems of the outage this week, the new system is getting better by the day.  It's an emerging technology, there are some disadvantages of being an early adopter.

scunny likes this

I talked to them yesterday and explained and pretty much was told that its supposed to be 30 days, but hey, without receipts there is no proof of purchase date. 

I talked to them yesterday and explained and pretty much was told that its supposed to be 30 days, but hey, without receipts there is no proof of purchase date.

Isn't there some maximum they'll let you return without a receipt? I would assume for many of us here, we would be over that magical number :(

based on my call yesterday, i was told that it was a 90 day return policy, and after that, it was based on the discretion of the store manager.  they did give me one month back of what I have paid for the "premium service" due to my discontent.

at this point, what will it hurt if i pull it all down and take it to stores and try and return it until I can find someone to give me store credit.

OHTRTA likes this

No luck for me, My email to customer care was internally forwarded to iris support who immediately denied my request and told me to call so I could get help pairing my devices (lmao). I was uninterested in spending another 2 hours on the phone.

The real surprise was being told he was the highest level point of contact at the corporate office when his email Sig clearly stated he was a tech support flunky.

My emails have gone unanswered since then. I did return my v2 devices which was met with pushback at store level even though it had only been 5 days!!!!!!

Needless to say I'm done with Iris.

I'm going to upload a video of me crushing both hubs and v1 devices under my truck if anyone is interested.

OHTRTA likes this

No luck for me, My email to customer care was internally forwarded to iris support who immediately denied my request and told me to call so I could get help pairing my devices (lmao). I was uninterested in spending another 2 hours on the phone.

The real surprise was being told he was the highest level point of contact at the corporate office when his email Sig clearly stated he was a tech support flunky.

My emails have gone unanswered since then. I did return my v2 devices which was met with pushback at store level even though it had only been 5 days!!!!!!

I'm going to upload a video of me crushing both hubs and v1 devices under my truck if anyone is interested.

Not for nothing but you might be able to get some money for the V1 devices if you sell them in the marketplace section.

If you are unhappy and don't want to take a big loss selling the equipment second hand, and you feel you can make a strong case for yourself, you can always file suit in small claims court.  Personally though, I would just take Terminal's advice and sell on the used market.