Guidelines and Message to all Members
3 3

3 posts in this topic

Due to a few members who can’t seem to post content in a helpful and constructive manner we find it necessary to establish guidelines for our members to follow.  Information about bugs, shortcomings and flaws on the Iris platform is not only welcomed but encouraged.  In fact, even though this is a privately owned and moderated forum, it is monitored by the Iris team and it is a means for you to communicate problems and issues that you are having with your system.  We all understand your frustration as there have been many issues that we have all been struggling with on the Iris platform since moving to Version 2.  We ask that you post your problems, issues and needs in a constructive manner so that they can be addressed by the Iris team and other members of the forum who can potentially help you out.  What will not be tolerated is out right bashing and spamming threads with bashing comments.

IrisUsers, bh241, dusterp and 13 others like this

After deleting 73 devices...because Tier 1 told me to push the reset button on the HUB for 30 seconds, I have spent the last 20 hours trying to re-pair all my devices.

I have been waiting for Tier 2 and/or developer support for 3 days...no call yet.

I learned Iris has "a very small team"...and there is no 24/7/365 support...how can you market a security/safety system and not have 24/7 support???????

I would dump the entire system and go with a proven national brand like ADT if I hadn't sunk hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars into this crappy system.

Does ANYBODY have a success story with a stable system that does what it is marketed to do????? My latest nightmare began when I received a call that my SMOKE/CO2 alarms had activated...and at the same time the mobile user interface failed so that I could not open the door remotely to let a neighbor in to see if there was a fire...again, still waiting 3 days and counting for a call back.

Tier 1 gave me instructions to hold the HUB reset button down for 30 seconds... WHICH DELETED 73 DEVICES. AS USUAL, THEY WERE SO SORRY THEY HAD MESSED UP AND NOW I HAVE SPENT 20+ HOURS TRYING TO RE-PAIR ALL THE DEVICES.

sparc likes this

I have had a very stable system from the beginning v1 and v2, the only time I have had devices disconnect have been due to battery issues (since Iris doesn't monitor battery life well), when I removed my range extenders because I didn't think they where supported but they definitely where needed, and when I moved my hub temporarily.  With the range extenders I just added them back and everything came back and with the hub move I just rebooted the hub and everything came back.  I also added some additional contact sensors at the far end of my home and when I moved the contact sensors into place after pairing them they disconnected due to being to far away so I added a Smart Plug then pulled the batteries on the new contact sensors and opened the contact sensor (moved the magnet away from the sensor) and put the battery back in and they came back.  With the v2 contact sensors if you don't open the contact sensor before putting the battery in often they will remain flashing different colors and drain the battery faster.  I have also had very good luck with support the few times I have called in, sometimes they ask and reboot the hub remotely but I have gotten in the habit of pulling a backup battery and unplugging the hub rather than using the reset button just to avoid accidentally resetting the hub.  I only had one support tech tell me something I new was wrong, and I don't remember ever having to wait more than 2 days between calls, but I agree there should a support person always available for a security system.