Rule Duration Bug in Ver 1.8
2 2

10 posts in this topic

The current change in rule duration's brought by ver 1.8 is a big improvement over what we had, however there is still an issue that needs to be addressed.  My rules are all firing and my duration's are currently operating properly with one small exception.  I have a few large rooms that require 2 or 3 motion sensors.  I have them all controlling the same lights in these larger rooms.  I have found that duration's work correctly only with the first sensor used to activate the light. Envision a very large room and a motion by the entry to the room and another motion at the far end of the same room in a work area.  When you walk in the room the lights are activated by the motion near the entry.  You then go to the far end of the room where the other motion detector is and are moving about.  The lights will turn off if the first motion that activate the rule does not see motion even though the second motion with the same rule and duration is seeing motion.

Yeah, I have a bathroom where the lights turn on with motion for 15 minutes, and I wanted to put another motion sensor over the shower just so that the lights don't end up turning off if you are in the shower too long.
From what I understand, this would not work, so I had to increase the time the lights stay on.

Maybe it will be fixed next year... Wait it is next year!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

They didn't say which next year did they?

Maybe it will be fixed next year... Wait it is next year!

Well, any time you look at that post, it will say "next year".

Kinda reminds me of a seafood restaurant I saw once while traveling. They had a huge painted mural that took up an entire side of the building that said something like "All you can eat crab legs, $4.99, TOMORROW ONLY".

rdisom likes this

Well, any time you look at that post, it will say "next year".

Kinda reminds me of a seafood restaurant I saw once while traveling. They had a huge painted mural that took up an entire side of the building that said something like "All you can eat crab legs, $4.99, TOMORROW ONLY".

That's what I was getting at when I said:

"They didn't say which next year did they?"