Parity list with v1
2 2

22 posts in this topic

Ability to set the duration the alarm goes for, before reseting the alarm.

Presence setting for thermostats

Filter replacement monitoring for furnace

Sunrise to sunset option for lights and smartplugs (and I guess blinds operation )

Ability to download videos

Ability to create groups of devices and to be able to trigger them with rules

Offline processing i.e. Security and rules still work with no internet

Ability to turn off the LED light on the GE light switches

Lock access scheduling

Touch ID

Website control

dusterp, iJester, blaine07 and 1 other like this

Ability to set the duration the alarm goes for, before reseting the alarm.

Presence setting for thermostats

Filter replacement monitoring for furnace

Sunrise to sunset option for lights and smartplugs (and I guess blinds operation )

Ability to download videos

Ability to create groups of devices and to be able to trigger them with rules

Offline processing i.e. Security and rules still work with no internet

Ability to turn off the LED light on the GE light switches

Lock access scheduling

Touch ID

Website control

Sunrise/Sunset is the only thing that has returned. I haven't seen it yet being an Apple user but it will get here.

Presence for Tstats without a scene would make it easier.

Lowes has to pick up the pace, at the rate we are going it will be months before we reach parity.

A web based UI and offline presence are both crucial.

Much of this list has been promised by Lowes but it's all very slow. It's almost like beta testing it again....or for the first time

Camera options (like local viewing) is a big one for many people. Also seeing tons of posts about the delay in streaming video. Don't forget home modes (which I *think* is coming?).

Local camera viewing with third party software, like we can now with V1.

The current excuse was security, but most of us are behind firewalls...  It is very helpful to view my cameras locally outside the lowes app... much more responsive.

If the cameras are locked as in current V2, we need the password and user name, or the ability to change same with the V2 software accepting the changes to monitor.

sparc likes this

Local camera viewing with third party software, like we can now with V1.

The current excuse was security, but most of us are behind firewalls...  It is very helpful to view my cameras locally outside the lowes app... much more responsive.

If the cameras are locked as in current V2, we need the password and user name, or the ability to change same with the V2 software accepting the changes to monitor.

If they want to secure the cameras directly and not rely on your wifi password (which is fine), they could set the camera password to the account password.  And allow me to change the local viewing setting on my own. At least that way I could use MY CAMERAS.  The WiFi security is good enough though.

Another idea would be to provide the ability for USERS to shut off the online storage and streaming, that would save Lowe's money and not waste my bandwidth.  I store my own stuff on the cloud via iSpy FTP, far better than what Lowe's provides.  Um at least I WAS until V2 screwed me.

Dan8785, TheBagMan and sparc like this

- temperature history graphs for all temp-reading devices

- motion detection graphs (showing all devices not just one conglomerate)

- ability to log into another hub (home) within the app without logging out then back into another account (nonstarter)

sparc and EyeRuss like this

- motion detection graphs (showing all devices not just one conglomerate)

- ability to log into another hub (home) within the app without logging out then back into another account (nonstarter)

Motion detection, you can do this now under the care card.

Ability to log.... this is in the next update. The firmware and platform are already in place and we're just waiting on the app update.

Ok, I've taken the plunge and updated both houses to V2. I've complained in the past, so time to give credit where credit is due.  The second house was updated a few days before 1.10 came out so there was frustration regarding logging into and out of the app each time to view each house but that was updated with 1.10 to make it pretty seamless....thank you.  Also, email tech support (Destiny) was very comprehensive, responsive, and courteous when I requested instructions on the dual log-in procedure.

Everything ported over fine from V1 to V2 using the migration tool.  I have 35 devices: cameras, door/window sensors, motion sensors, Utilitech flood sensors, thermostats, v1 key fobs, alarm, keypad, and GE wall switches and dimmers.

V2 is much more responsive....no question. And, switching between houses is now painless. Not sure if I will be able to have one house at premium service level while the secondary house uses basic service or not since it sets both to the same at the start.

The cameras work ok and seem more responsive (still about 25 sec lag), but no ability to turn off the IR when looking out through a window though the camera has that feature available. Deleting video clips seems to be broken. No response most of the time when the trash can button is hit on the video clips.

I'm sure there's more work to be done not the interface and it's lower priority, but overall the interface is pretty bland and needs a lot of human factors design work. Our devices have color screens so why is everything monochrome.....no, it's not artistic.  There's a lot of blank space on the screens that could provide useful information without having to scroll down through the cards.  

In the Care card, expanding the view of the motion activations is 90 degrees out of phase with the orientation of the tablet so the view is sideways when rotated.  

There are a lot of other interface improvements possible but I'll defer those to another thread.

Overall, my faith is somewhat restored.  I went through the growing pains of 2.5 years of V1 and I'm not happy to be doing it again for V2, but at least this last update gives me a level of comfort that Lowes is committed to getting back on track and I expect that we'll have full parity in the not too distant future.

scunny likes this

Thought it was time to revisit my parity list and see what has been completed

Ability to set the duration the alarm goes for, before resetting the alarm.     NO
Presence setting for thermostats           kind of but not completely
Filter replacement monitoring for furnace      NO
Sunrise to sunset option for lights and smartplugs (and I guess blinds operation )    YES
Ability to download videos      YES but only to your phone, not to a computer like V1
Ability to create groups of devices and to be able to trigger them with rules    NO, but scenes can achieve this and also with the Echo?
Offline processing i.e. Security and rules still work with no internet      NO
Ability to turn off the LED light on the GE light switches       NO
Lock access scheduling    NO
Touch ID    NO  (was planend for latest app update but was postponed)
Website control     NO but is in the works

and some items from other forum users

temperature history graphs for all temp-reading devices   NO

- motion detection graphs (showing all devices not just one conglomerate)   NO

- ability to log into another hub (home) within the app without logging out then back into another account (nonstarter) ?

Local camera viewing with third party software, like we can now with V1.   YES?

Jtmcgann and sparc like this

- ability to log into another hub (home) within the app without logging out then back into another account (nonstarter) ?

Yes, this has been addressed.

Since it's fastly approching the 1 year mark since V2 was pushed onto us, I'm updating the list.

• Website control - Yes, but severely limited (@thegillion has done a better portal then the Iris Team)
  • Energy Monitoring - @thegillion's portal & only while web page is open.
  • Download Camera Recordings - Only to phone.  PC requires using software (example, Blue Iris) to do local viewing and saving.
  • Offline processing i.e. Security and rules still work with no internet - NO!!!  Big Parity issue here!!!
  • Filter replacement monitoring for furnace - Nope.  Still can't turn off filter light on CT101 even after changing.
  • Thermostat scheduling w/presence - Somewhat.  Requires a decent amount of configuration and hacking of rules to work.
  • Timed PIN codes for locks - No
  • Temperature History Graphs - @thegillion's portal does, but same issue as energy monitoring.
thegillion likes this

I think we're actually at about 1.5 years. Wasn't V2 released in October 2015?

But I do think we'll see local processing on the security side as they roll out professional monitoring which should be very soon.

1 hour ago, Thevolget said:

Since it's fastly approching the 1 year mark since V2 was pushed onto us, I'm updating the list.

• Website control - Yes, but severely limited (@thegillion has done a better portal then the Iris Team)
  • Energy Monitoring - @thegillion's portal & only while web page is open.
  • Download Camera Recordings - Only to phone.  PC requires using software (example, Blue Iris) to do local viewing and saving.
  • Offline processing i.e. Security and rules still work with no internet - NO!!!  Big Parity issue here!!!
  • Filter replacement monitoring for furnace - Nope.  Still can't turn off filter light on CT101 even after changing.
  • Thermostat scheduling w/presence - Somewhat.  Requires a decent amount of configuration and hacking of rules to work.
  • Timed PIN codes for locks - No
  • Temperature History Graphs - @thegillion's portal does, but same issue as energy monitoring.

I try lol

5 hours ago, Thevolget said:

Download Camera Recordings - Only to phone.  PC requires using software (example, Blue Iris) to do local viewing and saving.

Actually, this is one more that the Gill does better. With his portal, you can download directly to your PC.

16 hours ago, Thevolget said:

Update 1.1.9

-Added saving of filter sizes when it shows in system status

-Fixed bug with AC filter timer (60 days)

Vacation home or single occupant and no pets or allergies: every 6-12 months
"Average" suburban home without pets: every 90 days
Add a dog or cat: every 60 days
Add more than one pet or anyone has allergies: 20-45 days

Update 1.1.9
-Added saving of filter sizes when it shows in system status
-Fixed bug with AC filter timer (60 days)
Vacation home or single occupant and no pets or allergies: every 6-12 months
"Average" suburban home without pets: every 90 days
Add a dog or cat: every 60 days
Add more than one pet or anyone has allergies: 20-45 days

I'm not sure if it's just me but none of these options are there.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

@Thevolget I am working on adding the settings of changing the day count on the portal. Right now in the system status it will show if your filter is passed 60 days and a place to save the size.

5 hours ago, thegillion said:

@Thevolget I am working on adding the settings of changing the day count on the portal. Right now in the system status it will show if your filter is passed 60 days and a place to save the size.

Ah, ok.  That's what I was confused on.  

It's still becoming funny how a end user has managed to out perform and out do the Iris dev team with the implementing of features.

thegillion likes this

6 minutes ago, Thevolget said:

Ah, ok.  That's what I was confused on.  

It's still becoming funny how a end user has managed to out perform and out do the Iris dev team with the implementing of features.

And he's done it with one hand tied behind his back, he's got talent on loan from God.

sparc, Thevolget and thegillion like this