List of Unsupported Devices that Work with V2
7 7

58 posts in this topic

In post #76 of the first thread about unsupported devices that work with Iris which pertained to the V1 hub

Johnathan brought together all the notes and tips that others had written about the Aeon Labs Minimote.

http://forum.livingwithiris.com/index.php?/topic/54-list-of-devices-that-work-with-iris-wo-works-with-iris/page-4#entry6626

I searched this thread but didn't find anything about using the Minimote with the V2 Iris hub.

So those that have one does it still work and did you have to change anything to get it to work.

I just acquired one and got it to pair but it shows as an unsupported device. I renamed it but that

does nothing to change its functionality in the Iris system. It did not show up as a controller as

some of you commented in the above thread it did with the V1 hub.

jonathan likes this

In post #76 of the first thread

I have to admit, I didn't really even remember writing that up, it's been a long, long time in the HA world for me since that.

Wish I had beneficial insight for Gen2, but I pretty much bailed on Iris during the transition, the only thing that was keeping me there was the rock solid performance of the Gen1 and sort of API access that was going on. I'm sure things are way, way more stable now. It'll end up a really good platform again, I think they rushed a bit due to contractual stuff with AlertMe.

To answe your other question, the documentation you saw from AeonLabs and such is pretty standard. Check out some of the Linear / GoControl / Nortek / 2GIG / Monoprice stuff. Or Utilitech / Everspring.

Linear / GoControl / Nortek are pretty much identical hardware. Sometimes minor firmware differences. 2GIG stuff might be nearly the same hardware, but it's generally incompatible afaik. Same with Utilitech and Everspring. Just rebranded stuff.

But manufacturer manuals don't always indicate actual platform support. For instance, the GoGontrol door sensor (ugly bulky little bugger that it is) has an awesome secondary direct input (contact sensor, anything that's a NC output). Totally useless on Wink where the functionality isn't supported. You don't even see it. My Iris compatible Schlage door lock? Has an awesome door alert that chirps based on the door being moved (accelerometer). Didn't exist when I was on Iris.

My point is, you're doing a great job, you kind of have to do your own "due diligence" and poke at things before jumping. You might not get every feature you want, but you'll probably get most. Shockingly, the less compromises you are willing to accept on a platform, the more expensive it gets (go price a Control4 system.....or even HomeSeer) Let me know if you have any questions via PM.

Is support for the GE #12726 Z-Wave 40 Amp,

Direct Wire Smart Switch in the works or planned?

• Remotely controls the on/off functions of water heaters,

landscape lighting, spas, pool pumps and heaters and more

• Weather-resistant, rugged designed housing suitable for use

outdoors in damp or wet conditions

• Lockable, tamper-resistant metal case keeps out dirt/debris

and keeps settings and wiring secure

• Energy monitoring capability allows remote monitoring of watt

and kilowatt hours with compatible Z-Wave systems, including SmartThings and Vera

• Front-mounted LED lights indicating power and on/off status

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. This device is supported at this time as an unofficial device.

sparc likes this

I bought a couple of the ECOLink DWZWAVE2 contact sensors so I could connect in some of my current wired security system contacts.  The EcoLinks have screw terminals to connect the zone wires so I thought that would be easier than trying to modify a V1 sensor.  I have attached the first to my two main entry doors and it works as it should, notifying when either door is opened.

The problem Is the app will not let me assign what type of sensor it is, door, window, or other.  It was recognized as a contact sensor and it shows open and closed but it shows as unknown for settings.  I realize it's unsupported but I if it recognizes it as a sensor then it would seem I could set what type.  Anyone else use one of these.  Think I should report it as a bug?  I guess with it being unsupported they don't want it tied to the security system, so I guess that is why you can't assign it to a door or window.?

10 minutes ago, Terminal said:

I bought a couple of the ECOLink DWZWAVE2 contact sensors so I could connect in some of my current wired security system contacts.  The EcoLinks have screw terminals to connect the zone wires so I thought that would be easier than trying to modify a V1 sensor.  I have attached the first to my two main entry doors and it works as it should, notifying when either door is opened.

The problem Is the app will not let me assign what type of sensor it is, door, window, or other.  It was recognized as a contact sensor and it shows open and closed but it shows as unknown for settings.  I realize it's unsupported but I if it recognizes it as a sensor then it would seem I could set what type.  Anyone else use one of these.  Think I should report it as a bug?  I guess with it being unsupported they don't want it tied to the security system, so I guess that is why you can't assign it to a door or window.?

I had the same experience with the Go Control z-wave contact sensor.  I don't think there is much that Iris can/would do.  Still, it would be nice if we were able to use other items we may already have on hand.

2 hours ago, Terminal said:

I think that's their way of supporting other Z-Wave hardware (which may or may not be a requirement of the Z-Wave+ protocol and the Z-Wave alliance, I thought I read something about that on their site a while back) without really supporting it as an Iris device. It works so you can't say it's not supported, but it doesn't offer the features of a 'Works with Iris' device. This way they steer you towards their products and can say to someone looking to move from another system that their equipment will be supported with Iris.

Has anyone heard anything new concerning the Nucleus video intercom device?

I know it works with Alexa the same as a Echo or Dot but I was curious if anything is happening with Iris.

This seems like the perfect A/V interface for Iris.

I understand that whatever the Alexa Iris skill can do I can do now with the Nucleus, but the capabilities
of the Alexa skill are limited at this time. If they were to expand and allow for control of T-stats and other
devices on top of the switches that are already supported that would be great.

As I noted in another post the Nucleus is back on sale for $149, so if you're on the fence maybe you'll
want to take another look.