How to Take Total Control of your Iris Cameras with the API
12 12

121 posts in this topic

Which protocol are you guys using with tinycam to get sound.  I have it working with iSpy on my computer but could not get it working with ipcam viewer on my android, so I bought tinycam pro.  Still can't make it work.

I'm using RTSP over TCP (MPEG/H264/H265).  I also put an 8GB SD card in the camera and it works great for recoding motion.  All the recorded videos are managed through the TinyCamPro app. You can also have it send email alerts when it detects motion.  Good-bye Blue Iris!

Edit: This was applied to an indoor camera

iJester and scunny like this

Yes it remains local.  I view the cameras from outside of my network by logging in via OpenVPN.  That way they remain secure.  You always have the option of port forwarding if you do not care if they can be seen by others.

We've figured how to secure your viewing privileges so that you can safely port forward to your cameras.  I will post how to do that shortly

sparc likes this

Okay.  Here is how to lock down your cameras to require login credentials in case you do want to port forward to view them from outside of your network.

cameraip/adm/set_group.cgi?group=USER&login_check=1

You will then need the admin login and password to view the cameras.

scunny likes this

Yes, after you reset the camera it would need to be connected via ethernet, otherwise you can't talk to it because it would have lost its wifi settings.

It was always hard line connected. For some reason outside it wouldn't reset. Not sure if it is because I was using POE or I wasn't hitting the button right. All I know is it's working better than ever!! You guys are awesome.

scunny likes this

It was always hard line connected. For some reason outside it wouldn't reset. Not sure if it is because I was using POE or I wasn't hitting the button right. All I know is it's working better than ever!! You guys are awesome.

Does your camera run on  POE via the ethernet cable or do you have an end point adapter that powers the camera?

Does your camera run on POE via the ethernet cable or do you have an end point adapter that powers the camera?

The iris camera has an adapter on both ends (power and Ethernet) which combined it into the single cable then splits it again at the other end. My three other cameras have the adapter at one end only (Head end). The cameras only have an Ethernet in

The iris camera has an adapter on both ends (power and Ethernet) which combined it into the single cable then splits it again at the other end. My three other cameras have the adapter at one end only (Head end). The cameras only have an Ethernet in

Gotcha.  Thanks

I'd like to thank Otto for the countless hours he spent this weekend figuring all of this out and giving us a much needed work around for the Iris deficiency on the cameras and sharing it here so that users could build on it.

I know he spent many many of his weekend hours working on this.

Thanks Otto!

sparc, Vettester, Dan8785 and 3 others like this

This definitely has opened up a lot of functionality with the cameras we have never had before.  Lowe's should take note and open up this same functionality within the Iris app.  

Thanks again Otto!

scunny and pavalov like this

This definitely has opened up a lot of functionality with the cameras we have never had before.  Lowe's should take note and open up this same functionality within the Iris app.  

Thanks again Otto!

+1

Scunny/Otto - Has this been passed on to your contacts as Lowe's?  Using the free (to them) labor of Otto, they could begin to fill the currently enormous vacuum their camera "features" are leaving.

I'd like to thank Otto for the countless hours he spent this weekend figuring all of this out and giving us a much needed work around for the Iris deficiency on the cameras and sharing it here so that users could build on it.

I know he spent many many of his weekend hours working on this.

Thanks Otto!

Ditto. Out of laziness I often just "like" posts that say what I want to say, but you definitely deserve more than that @Otto Mation. Thanks for all the hard work you put into sleuthing out a solution!

Dan8785, pavalov, Vettester and 5 others like this

Thank you very much for this work Otto!!!!!! It is greatly appreciated!!!!! I am holding off at the moment to do this just because of all the frustration I have had to go through in the past with resetting and reconnecting to my network just to get the cameras to work on the Iris Hub!

I am hoping that lowes will implement this all into the system and also make the Iris app itself work as it should.

This is just WRONG that it takes someone who doesn't work at Lowes to figure this out! We have all spent so much money with this system AND PAY EVERY MONTH FOR IT TO WORK!!!!!'

Why can't they get these cameras working for us!!!!!!!!!!!'

Thank you again Otto!!!!

And thank you Vett, Scunny, and Bagman!!!!

So I have a Sony 4K Smart TV that has the Android platform built into it. I installed TinyCam Pro on the TV and now I'm able to view my camera feed on a 65" screen that is upscaled to 4K. I don't have any SD cards laying around to test the onboard storage functionality, but TinyCam Pro has the ability to upload to a cloud based service so I linked it to my Google Drive account and discovered it will upload still images based on the motion function of the TinyCam app. I haven't figured out the audio yet, but it's only a matter of time

This is just outstanding!!!!!!! I have a new Sony 4K as well. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on the resets. Man do I wish I could have it work on my TV and the IRIS Hub at the same time!

Iris, can you please help us all out here??? Can you tell us if you are working on this? Or tell us it is never going to be implemented? Can you please tell us anything???

Thank you!!!

cbtexan04 likes this

For those digging deep - don't set HTTP&http_mode=0. This prevents any further commands from working. It now returns "/top_redirect.htm" and a 404. I was looking to see if any web gui was buried inside.

For those digging deep - don't set HTTP&http_mode=0. This prevents any further commands from working. It now returns "/top_redirect.htm" and a 404. I was looking to see if any web gui was buried inside.

That would have been nice, huh?

That would have been nice, huh?

Would have been nicer if I'd tried "2" instead of "0", lol. Looks like I need a reset now.

Edit - https:// let me in...

I dug around looking for the web GUI as well.  I hope you find it but I think that the API is all that resides on the camera and the Web GUI has been stripped but this is only a guess. Like I say, I hope you find it.  One of our members who is a developer is considering building an Android app that would give us a GUI interface to the camera settings.  But has not committed to do so....yet.

TheBagMan, Dan8785 and sparc like this

Would have been nicer if I'd tried "2" instead of "0", lol. Looks like I need a reset now.

Edit - https:// let me in...

A little trick that I have been using is to make a text file with all of the API calls complete with the IP for each camera of the settings that I use.  Probably about 10 lines or so for each camera.  When I need to do a reset, I just copy and past the line in and move to the next.  I can completely go from reset to up and running in less than a couple of minutes per camera.

KyRed, sparc, TheBagMan and 1 other like this

A little trick that I have been using is to make a text file with all of the API calls complete with the IP for each camera of the settings that I use.  Probably about 10 lines or so for each camera.  When I need to do a reset, I just copy and past the line in and move to the next.  I can completely go from reset to up and running in less than a couple of minutes per camera.

Except for the pulling the camera down off the roof part...

Turn the dark IR shutter off - anyone? I've tried:

night_mode

irled_mode

irled_lum

led_mode (This turns the link/traffic LEDs off, really cool for hiding the camera)

color

Did you try these?

• /io/query_filter.cgi
    • Response filter=0 filter is off.
    • Response filter=1 filter is on.

Didn't see where to set that value.

[iO]

in1_trigger=0

in2_trigger=0

in1_type=3

in2_type=0

out1_init=1