Iris Server Status
3 3

35 posts in this topic

My Sylvania LIGHTIFY LED 9.5W On/Off/Dim A19 Bulb located in the garage worked fabulously with version 1. It has dropped of line and rejoined the network 168 times in the last 7 days, the upstairs smoke and CO detector has cycled 24 times in 3 days, the Honeywell works with IRIS 7 day wireless thermostat has dropped off the network twice a week every week for the last 7 weeks (all since migrating to number 2) and no one is home to blame it on. Tilt sensors, cameras, sirens, and several contact sensors are all randomly doing the same thing. My hub is on a UPS so Lowe's can't blame power outages either. To top it off the coupon I was sent for my new 4g modem in typical IRIS fashion didn't work either. I'm not supposed to say what I really think about number 2 here but you tell me; how much more are loyal customers expected to endure?

sparc and bh241 like this

My Sylvania LIGHTIFY LED 9.5W On/Off/Dim A19 Bulb located in the garage worked fabulously with version 1. It has dropped of line and rejoined the network 168 times in the last 7 days, the upstairs smoke and CO detector has cycled 24 times in 3 days, the Honeywell works with IRIS 7 day wireless thermostat has dropped off the network twice a week every week for the last 7 weeks (all since migrating to number 2) and no one is home to blame it on. Tilt sensors, cameras, sirens, and several contact sensors are all randomly doing the same thing. My hub is on a UPS so Lowe's can't blame power outages either. To top it off the coupon I was sent for my new 4g modem in typical IRIS fashion didn't work either. I'm not supposed to say what I really think about number 2 here but you tell me; how much more are loyal customers expected to endure?

Do you have any V2 smart plugs?  I had issues with stuff in the garage and installed a V2 smart plug and the disconnect problems went away.  I don't think the radios in the V2 are as strong as V1 and it seemed to fix the problems I was having.

Do you have any V2 smart plugs? I had issues with stuff in the garage and installed a V2 smart plug and the disconnect problems went away. I don't think the radios in the V2 are as strong as V1 and it seemed to fix the problems I was having.

From my experience with the V2 devices is the plugs have less range but the contact sensors have more.

The cameras are about a wash between them.

V1 key fobs have a lot of range compared to V2. My V1 fob stays connected if I'm 400-500' sometimes but my wife's V2 fob drops off at about 150' max.

I had to put a V2 Smart plug by the sun room entrance to get good signal in there. With the V1 plugs they ran fine. With V2, 2 of the 3 were inconsistent.

My hub took a number 2 today. That's the third number 2 in less than 8 weeks. Now none of my 6 cameras will stream and every freakin light in the house has been on since the hub came back up 7 hours ago.

How much more can we be expected to put up with?

Thepurplewing likes this

"V1 key fobs have a lot of range compared to V2. My V1 fob stays

connected if I'm 400-500' sometimes but my wife's V2 fob drops

off at about 150' max.

I had to put a V2 Smart plug by the sun room entrance to get good

signal in there. With the V1 plugs they ran fine. With V2, 2 of

the 3 were inconsistent."

I have experienced the same with my V1 and V2 fobs. The V1 fob will

connect and disarm the system when I turn the corner to my street 150'

before I pull into the driveway. The wife has the V2 fob and it seems

to connect without problem but no where near as much range. Wish I had

a second V1 fob. Don't need all those unlabeled buttons which just

confuse people anyway.

What are the advantages of the V2 keypad over V1?

My V1 keypad has worked fine with both hubs and battery life is about one year.

I just replaced the batteries in it yesterday at 12% as the pad started to beep with

a low battery warning. Didn't get a notification on the app but when I checked the

keypad in the device list and saw the battery was at 12% I changed them out.

The batteries still have lots of life in them, just not enough for the keypad. I use

them in the battery operated candles we put in the windows at Christmas time,

same goes for smoke detector batteries, they have a lot of life in them too for

non-critical applications like remote controls and candles.