Cutting the cable
5 5

103 posts in this topic

On 3/8/2017 at 9:24 AM, accessdenied79 said:

LOL, sadly I just now saw this.  I heard the other day they were going to start offering it to employees to test before releasing it to the public.  I would say it should be soon, but I am kinda in the dark on that stuff.  I work in IT as a Network Administrator at a service center so I don't see much of the TV side of sales.  I will try and ask around to people that might know around here.  If it isn't a NDA, then I will let you know.

Right now we have a "First Look" for Amazon customers, and looks like starting in April it will be available across all other devices.

Terminal likes this

I was reading that a cloud based DVR service is now in Beta, how is that going, and what kind of time frame do they expect it to go live?

I recently (yesterday) got my hands on something we have now called the AirTV. It is a pretty cool TV box that uses Sling TV, is an Android device so it has the google play store, and you can plug in an AirTV adapter (USB) on the back to hook up an OTA antenna right on the box so your locals come in to the AirTV box and you don't have to switch inputs etc. Also since it has the play store you can load Plex, Netflix, Hulu, Kodi, etc on the box also. Just wanted to throw that out there for anyone interested. https://www.airtv.net

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
scunny, Terminal and sparc like this