Iris web portal V1.2.0
15 15

600 posts in this topic

Yes I get the status success. But when I go to that next page you have listed it just says error and not connected. I assume I just then enter the url for the next page??? Which is what I am doing and it just shows error and disconnected.

I never see a place id is that something that must be entered? If so, I'm not seeing where to get it.

If you are seeing "enter placeid" you are on an old page.

Steps are 

1. login to https://bc.irisbylowes.com/login make sure you get {"status":"success"} back.

2. goto http://irisstatus.org/iris_portal/in a new tab or window.

If you are seeing "enter placeid" you are on an old page.

Steps are 

1. login to https://bc.irisbylowes.com/login make sure you get {"status":"success"} back.

2. goto http://irisstatus.org/iris_portal/in a new tab or window.

I wasn't doing the second step in a new tab. But I tried that and got the same result. I don't get the placeid using a new tab.I do get status success ok. It's no big deal. I was just curious more than anything. 

Wow this is really coming along. Now with devices sorted

in columns and device status (On/Off). Very nice work.

Last night I was entering the second URL in the same window, seemed to work.

But I see above you say open a second tab or window which I did just now. At first

everything looked like it did last night, then I hit Ctrl-F5 and I got the new layout with the columns.

Maybe you can set the page to force a reload or flush the cached version every time.

For every device (29 of them) that displays a signal, 28 devices show a signal report of 100 plus one which reads 85.

Battery levels show some variance. However a door switch that

I replaced the battery in just two days ago shows its at 90% already.

It's not a high traffic door. Maybe the battery was not a full strength

when I installed it, it was a spare I had in the drawer which I bought

a few months ago.

This is the exact reason that the Iris developers currently report battery status as "ok" until it reaches 30% or less.  Personally I would be much happier if it was "ok" until it was 70% or less.   I'd be even more happy if it just reported full percentage and understand its limitations but the call center would be flooded with complaints that they just installed new batteries and why isn't the indicator at 100%?  It is based on voltage and sometimes new batteries will be reported less than 100%.  I wouldn't worry about battery levels until the are 40 to 30% or less.  It is the nature of the hardware.

loonytim and sparc like this

Agree, and as I said you could install a 'new' battery that is less than 100% as they will lose capacity sitting on the shelf. How old is a battery when you buy it and then how long does it sit waiting to be put to use. Could be 6m to a year.

At the first page I clicked on the start button and got the 'Connected' message.

Then I clicked on 'Show Cameras'.

For my two cameras the IR mode displayed is incorrect as well

as the protocol and resolution.

I have not tried adjusting any settings yet.

It looks like there should be a video preview snapshot or maybe

its a running video in the cell of a layout table but I see nothing,

just a circle with a slash through it where the image should be.

Windows 8.1 & IE11

Screen shots in the mail.

I also noticed that there is no label for each camera.

I guess it is obvious what is what.

Did you include a label?

The 'View Cameras' button on the main portal page that Vettester spoke of does not work for me.

When I click on the List Devices button my two cameras only have two lines

for vendor and protocol, nothing else. The vendor is correct (Sercomm) but

the protocol is listed ZIGB which does not seem correct since my cameras are

both using Wi-Fi to connect to the hub.

@thegillion, how do I change "place"? I use my home login, but it takes me to my work system. Tried at work, and may have selected work system that one time. Now, I logged in at home and doesn't give me an option to select place.

@thegillion, how do I change "place"? I use my home login, but it takes me to my work system. Tried at work, and may have selected work system that one time. Now, I logged in at home and doesn't give me an option to select place.

I will add that to both the portal and camera page

Update V0.0.6

- Added Places list to both homepage and camera page

If you go to the portal and DO NOT SEE "unofficial Iris Portal V0.0.6" do a force reload Ctrl + F5. 

rdisom likes this

Pretty amazing what you have been able to accomplish in a relatively short time. Thank you for the time and effort!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sparc likes this

If you go to the portal and DO NOT SEE "unofficial Iris Portal V0.0.6" do a force reload Ctrl + F5. 

Or Command (the Apple Key) + R if you're on a MAC.

I just pulled up the camera view and all my cameras are showing daylight images.  I'm pretty sure it's dark outside. How old are these snapshots?  I tried refreshing the camera page and it doesn't change anything.

I just pulled up the camera view and all my cameras are showing daylight images.  I'm pretty sure it's dark outside. How old are these snapshots?  I tried refreshing the camera page and it doesn't change anything.

Iris sends a command to the cameras for an updated image. I am still working on decoding that command for now if you want to force an update you need to open the iris app and go to the cameras.