Iris web portal V1.2.5
14 14

644 posts in this topic

Nice work, thanks.

I take it if you don't have the 4G modem then nothing will appear.

Likewise I don't see anything for Fire Scenes, what are those anyway?

Just now, sparc said:

Nice work, thanks.

I take it if you don't have the 4G modem then nothing will appear.

Likewise I don't see anything for Fire Scenes, what are those anyway?

Yeah if you don't have it you don't see it. In the scenes page you can press a button to fire a scene now.

12 hours ago, thegillion said:

Yeah if you don't have it you don't see it. In the scenes page you can press a button to fire a scene now.

OK by 'fire' you mean run or activate a scene, is that correct?

I was thinking something to do with smoke alarms. :wacko:

Modem signal strength is indicated by the bars next to the alarm icon?

OK by 'fire' you mean run or activate a scene, is that correct?
I was thinking something to do with smoke alarms. :wacko:
Modem signal strength is indicated by the bars next to the alarm icon?

Yes and yes

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Otto Mation said:

I find myself using the portal more than the Android app and the new Web UI.  

Agreed -- it is much more full-featured than the official web UI (and it gave me a nice end-run around the TOS and Privacy Policy in the app until I had time to review them).

6 hours ago, thegillion said:

58d817be763f7_pairingpage.JPG.fb50e9e4377ff4f17a048e72bb35bb83.JPG

One thing must come before the other.

Where does that appear? It looks like the 'All Devices' page but I don't see it. Tried reloading the page using 'Check for Updates' but no change.

This is a pairing page I am working on right now. I have to do this first so people can use and pair their Aeon Home Energy Monitor.

sparc likes this

Update 1.1.7

-Added add device page (Pairing).

-Added sorting to rules and scenes.

-Added battery links to low battery devices in system status.

-Moved Fan Controls, Thermostat(s) and Temperature to Climate group.

-Renamed Power Level page to Energy and moved it out of Troubleshooting.

-Removed ads.

-Fixed device history export bug.

-Fixed reload loop on update bug.

-Fixed two donate bug in All Devices page.

sparc likes this

Thanks, but the links under the climate group for the fan controls and thermostats seem to be broken.  They take you cameras and recordings respectively.

This portal is becoming more and more robust. So far, the official interface pales in comparison. Thank you for continuing to add functionality!

If you are looking for new ideas for features, what about a way to group devices by room? Or, a way to fire Rules for multiple devices like the Gen 1 Groups?

thegillion and sparc like this

1 minute ago, thegillion said:

@pavalov My next add is going to get power logging and whole home energy next.

Will there be a way to use that with the BlueLine product that used to interface with Gen1?

3 minutes ago, pavalov said:

Will there be a way to use that with the BlueLine product that used to interface with Gen1?

I am talking with some people that have systems in place now. I know the Aeon Labs DSB28-ZWUS works and reports power. Does your BlueLine still or is paired to your Iris system?

I bought the Blue Line Innovations energy monitoring set-up to work with IRIS during the transition from V1 to V2. I was still on V1 at the time, and was unable to locate the software to make it work with my meter before the transition happened.

9 minutes ago, pavalov said:

I bought the Blue Line Innovations energy monitoring set-up to work with IRIS during the transition from V1 to V2. I was still on V1 at the time, and was unable to locate the software to make it work with my meter before the transition happened.

@Thevolget Got his  powercost gateway to pair to his hub. I dont know the device info. 

https://community.irisbylowes.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Energy-monitor-not-working/m-p/1514#M145

pavalov likes this

If you can save data then I would be interested in trying this.  If it will only report instantaneous power then it's really not that useful to me, I need to be able to view historical data.

Even if it would just allow me to write the data locally to my computer.  I would not be able to keep a browser window open all the time, however.

I currently am pretty happy with what I have set up on ST, but I will keep an eye on this and see where it goes.

Hello, everyone. 

I have looked over the requirements for getting offline/historic data for power and temperatures. Here they are

• Pulling data - DONE
  • Way to log date - SQL and DONE
  • Program to run on a local machine or/and leave a page to the portal open - In Progress
  • SSL cert for portal to secure database and moving data - In queue 

What does this mean? Well first off I want to go over what happens in the portal. When you load the page the code (javascript) connects to the Iris By Lowes servers over web socket secure (WSS) and processes all the data on your browser. This is great as no data is passed to me or my server, that is why I have always had you log in to iris by lowes servers before using the portal. With doing offline/historic data that will have to change as Iris does not store any data for power or temperatures. This is where I need you guys help. To do this I will need some capital to get the SSL cert for the portal. Once the capital is meet I can then move forward on this part of the portal. To help out just click the donate button on the portal. I understand if you can not that is fine, just continue to use and enjoy the portal.

MidNiteChoir likes this