Iris web portal V1.2.5
14 14

644 posts in this topic

@thegillion, I recently added a GE Smart Switch and a GE Smart Dimmer and the portal is reporting the battery level as 0 for both.  These are both line devices and shouldn't have a battery level, but if you look at the device properties they are reporting a "devpowbattery": 0.

Is there anyway you can filter these line devices out?

Switch Error 7.png   Switch Error 6.png

Switch Error 1.png

Switch Error 5.png

Switch Error 4.png 

Switch Error 3.png

Switch Error 2.png

29 minutes ago, thegillion said:

@Terminal  

I have tested my system and you can now turn off a system that is running on a scheduled event.

@Vettester 

I will look into this tonight.

It's been raining quite a bit here so I have been rain delaying, but as soon as I get a chance I will test and let you know how it goes.  Thanks for looking into it.

4 hours ago, thegillion said:
-Fixed bug with in-line devices showing no battery in the status 

Thank you -- that's nice to have off the "Problem" list on the Home

thegillion likes this

The event log is awesome, but before I allow "SHANE" to start logging my system's activity could you please provide some details as to what this actually does? I would like to know where the data is being stored and who will have access to it.

@Vettester SHANE does not store any data with the web portal it's just code I am working on to make the portal smarter because how SHANE was going to work is now blocked by Iris. Here are some examples I am working on.

If SHANE see you have an irrigation system (Not on rain delay) and it sees rain coming it will ask if you want to do a rain delay (Like Iris should)

If SHANE sees that outside temperature and inside are close to the same it will suggest to out windows and turn off your AC.

I opened up the portal this morning and noticed SHANE said there were thunderstorms expected for my area and asked if I wanted to put my irrigation controller on a rain delay.  I clicked on yes and sure enough it put the controller on a 24 hr rain delay.  This just keeps getting better, thanks again @thegillion for all the work you've put into this!

SHANE.png

sparc and thegillion like this

if(HouseTemp != ""){
            if(weather.currently != "Rain"){
                if(weather.currently != "Thunderstorms"){
                  if( (parseInt(HouseTemp)+3) >= parseInt(weather.temp)){
                      if( (parseInt(HouseTemp)-3) <= parseInt(weather.temp)){
                        SHANEtable = SHANEtable + '<tr><td>SHANE</td>'
                        + "<td>It is currently nice out open up some windows and doors to save some money.</td></tr>";
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        }

Adding more logic to shane :)

On 7/13/2017 at 8:18 AM, thegillion said:

Adding more logic to shane :)

This doesn't seem right.  Why would I want to open some windows and doors if it is raining outside?

SHANE.png

Also, I'm not sure where you are pulling the outdoor temperatures from, but most of the time they are not even close to being accurate.  I have noticed SHANE is reporting temperatures from 5 to 15 degrees cooler than actual temps on both the high and low side.

13 minutes ago, Vettester said:

This doesn't seem right.  Why would I want to open some windows and doors if it is raining outside?

Also, I'm not sure where you are pulling the outdoor temperatures from, but most of the time they are not even close to being accurate.  I have noticed SHANE is reporting temperatures from 5 to 15 degrees cooler than actual temps on both the high and low side.

SHANE gets his weather from Yahoo due to its simple API commands. This is how that part works.

if(HouseTemp != ""){    ------------------------------ Checks to see if you have a thermostat and if it is reporting temp
            if(weather.currently != "Rain"){ ------------------------|---Checks to see if the current weather is not Rain or Thunderstorms
                if(weather.currently != "Thunderstorms"){--------|/
                  if( (parseInt(HouseTemp)+3) >= parseInt(weather.temp)){----------------|\
                      if( (parseInt(HouseTemp)-3) <= parseInt(weather.temp)){-------------|---------- Checks to see if the outside temp reported by Yahoo is with in 3 degrees of the thermostat
                        SHANEtable = SHANEtable + '<tr><td>SHANE</td>' ------------- If everything is true then it write it to the portal.
                        + "<td>It is currently nice out open up some windows and doors to save some money.</td></tr>";
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        }

Now what you see in the weather report is a forecast and not current weather. 

7 hours ago, Vettester said:

Just a suggestion...  Weather Underground has an API that you could get current weather from that would be a lot more accurate than Yahoo.  

https://www.wunderground.com/

Yeah, WU uses much more granular (read local) info than Yahoo. They incorporate monitoring from private parties.

On another issue, I imagine this would make Shane's calculations much more complicated, but temperature is not my only variable when deciding whether to open windows.  I monitor humidity levels almost as closely as temp levels. It doesn't help my indoor climate to bring in cool air that is overly humid, so I don't open windows unless humidity levels are low as well. Can Shane make that assessment?