What is Iris v2.0 ?
2 2

4 posts in this topic

Well in breaking down the API I ran across something. Iris is not "by lowes" its is by a company called centralite. They make IoT OEM products. Then the Jilia backend is used for iris to see users usage. I will look into getting some devices from ebay to save money and report back.

Saw this on the centralite site. 

https://www.centralite.com/products/jilia-hub

Local and Cloud-Based Jilia Capabilities

The Jilia Hub goes beyond simply interacting with the cloud. It also features a local Jilia software agent that enables the hub to perform local rules, commands, and accept websocket subscriptions even when internet connection is down.

pavalov and sparc like this

I knew since Iris V2 was released that centralite was making them as the OEM (I actually read the FCC filings) ... but i could never locate the OEM Hub... so thank you!.. one ray of sunshine is that is says, CLEARLY "LOCAL PROCESSING ABLE" .... Instead of us having to believe the tea leaves that apparently scunningham has access to in advance, we actually have a real confirmation it is possible for these hubs to do local processing, and it wont take lowes to rewrite their whole API to do it!  You seem to have reversed engineering 1/2 of the Iris API in less than 7 days... why cant lowes build a web portal and local processing in less time?