Anyone else having issues around 4 pm Eastern?
3 3

197 posts in this topic

My wife just got home and set off the alarm... she said she tried multiple times and it wouldn't take her code.
After multiple tries it finally cut off.
For a while after that when I wen't into the app (on either iOS or android) I couldn't access any of the features in the cards.
While I was typing this everything seemed to return to normal and I got the notification that she arrived. It took at least 10 minutes before her keyfob was detected and the home scene was run, which was well after she had gotten in the house and tripped the alarm.
Just wondering if anyone else had something similar happen.

Just realized I had a problem with the video recording also.
When the front door is opened the camera in the living room records for 2 minutes. She opened the front door, and it recorded. As she was struggling to put in the code, eventually the alarm sounded and it ran a rule to record for 10 minutes. At this point the video that started with the door opening stopped. The 10 minute video didn't record. It shows up as a clip, but when you try to play it the video never plays. I just get a blank clip with no length showing up (--:--)

Just realized I had a problem with the video recording also.

When the front door is opened the camera in the living room records for 2 minutes. She opened the front door, and it recorded. As she was struggling to put in the code, eventually the alarm sounded and it ran a rule to record for 10 minutes. At this point the video that started with the door opening stopped. The 10 minute video didn't record. It shows up as a clip, but when you try to play it the video never plays. I just get a blank clip with no length showing up (--:--)

Try downloading the video and see if it will play then

So the strange thing about this clip, is that I can play the previous clip in the iris app but not this one. However, I can download the clip and play it locally on my phone.

So the strange thing about this clip, is that I can play the previous clip in the iris app but not this one. However, I can download the clip and play it locally on my phone.

That has happen with me also from time to time. The clip will only play if I download it to my phone, I am not sure if it is iOS bug or not.

I still cannot get into the app, I'm guessing I will have to reboot my hub when I get home.  Lowe's must have pushed some kind of change today even if it wasn't a new firmware.

I just got home and my alarm was set to ON... Usually by the time I get to the door Iris sees my key fob and runs my I'm home setting which turns the alarm off and turns all the lights on, it didn't, the house was dark...realizing that the alarm was still active I tried to use the keypad but it would not deactivate the alarm so I tried to use both my iPad and my iPhone but both kept going back to the home screen... By this time the alarm should have activated but It didn't!.... I had left the back door open so I shut the door to see if that sensor was working and it was and when I reopened that door the alarm tripped at that point and I was able to deactivate the system with the keypad… I had been in the house for a good minute before realizing what was going on and the alarm didn't trip!... Something is wrong!

Yeah, my Iris system has been acting incredibly funky the past few days out of nowhere. I noticed the issue about 2 days ago when all of a sudden, my rule that turns off lights during the day didn't deactivate at sunset and all of my lights kept turning themselves off at night-time. That was just the start. From that point forward, my Thermostat wasn't following its schedule, my rules controlling which scenes to run for my security system weren't activating properly, and my lights continued to turn off automatically despite my attempts to manually disable that rule through the app. All in all, very frustrated with all of the odd behavior. I have reset my entire home network and the hub itself to no avail. I'm considering deleting the rules and re-adding them to see if that helps.

Clearly they are mucking around on the back end. I have been rock solid for weeks (which is awesome) then this week it's been nothing but instability. Does lowes realize this product runs our homes?

bh241 likes this

I am missing cameras on the camera card, but the devices are listed. I am totally missing two recently added smart plugs.

The plugs are shown on my favorites, but they are not in the devices list.