Official Iris Community Launch
5 5

43 posts in this topic

We are excited to announce that an official Iris community is now here. You can register at http://community.irisbylowes.com. We’ve been in the Living With Iris forum for a while now, and we really appreciate everyone’s efforts here. It’s been a great, thriving community and inspired us to create our own. You are the first to identify bugs, give feedback, and help others. That really means a lot to the team and doesn't go unnoticed. Our goals with the new community are pretty simple:

•    Better assist users: with setup, troubleshooting, how-to's, you name it

•    Provide a trusted resource that offers access to the Iris team at all levels

•    Collect feedback in a process-oriented matter that helps us prioritize features and provide greater transparency

Please sign up, have a look around, and if you have any feedback on how we can improve the community experience, we are happy to hear it. Your participation is vital to the success of the community. Lastly, we are not ceasing communication on the Living With Iris forum, but do encourage you to sign up for an enhanced community experience.

Sincerely,

The Iris Team

SO......................we signed up at the new link..............

DOES that site take the place of this site?

Do we need both?

thanks, :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:

Do we need both?

82733-why-not-both-meme-5lvd.jpeg

I knew it wasnt just a logo change :)

Well, this doesn't appear to be part of the re-branding efforts because they didn't even use the new logo on their community forums.

loonytim likes this

Do we need both?

Yes, we need both... 

When the mods on the official iris forums keep deleting your post because it's too critical, you will need a different place to post.

:o  :o  :o  :o

bh241 likes this

I think Iris is going to take some lumps with their new forum. I've already seem where they don't want to post devices that work with Iris. They do seem to be active on tbe forum, so that's a big improvement, but this forum still has use for the topics lowes doesn't agree with.

bh241 likes this

To clear them there an options menu on the upper right.  I am, however, talking about when you open the topic (this board has a blue dot on the unread topics).  I can't seem to find anything like that on the new site.  I have marked all unread and marked all read and I can't see any difference.

I think Iris is going to take some lumps with their new forum. I've already seem where they don't want to post devices that work with Iris. They do seem to be active on tbe forum, so that's a big improvement, but this forum still has use for the topics lowes doesn't agree with.

No area for bug/issues area either.

I think someone pointed this out on your new community site already but a general questions section would be nice too so questions can be asked there first to know if there is already an option we missed or if it should be a feature request or bug report so we don't fill those locations up with too many unnecessary posts.  Thanks.

Dan8785, scunny and Terminal like this

I don't know about the rest of you but I don't care for that forum software they are using.  I will definitely use it to post bugs and feature request but I think for general talk and questions I would prefer to post it here.

sparc and Smitho like this

I don't know about the rest of you but I don't care for that forum software they are using.  I will definitely use it to post bugs and feature request but I think for general talk and questions I would prefer to post it here.

I agree. For some reason it just seems like each post takes up too much vertical space. There is more scrolling required and there is more unutilized white space.

A comment on that forum with a single line of text still takes up the bulk of my screen, without any signature or anything. I can often see 2-3 comments in the same amount of space on this forum.

sparc likes this

I agree. For some reason it just seems like each post takes up too much vertical space. There is more scrolling required and there is more unutilized white space.

A comment on that forum with a single line of text still takes up the bulk of my screen, without any signature or anything. I can often see 2-3 comments in the same amount of space on this forum.

We're looking for feedback just like this, so thank you - we will look at making changes like this in upcoming enhancements. An important feature of the software we're using is that we can really customize it to suit our needs relatively easy.

Dan8785 likes this

Finding new comments when there is more than one is impossible.  The second comment does not show up as new.  Initially I showed 2 new comments in the Feature Sugesstion section,  After looking at the first new comment by clicking on the tie of the last comment there are no other new comments available.  I am currently showing one new comment in the Feature Suggestion section yet when I enter the section there are no comments listed as new.

Finding new comments when there is more than one is impossible.  The second comment does not show up as new.  Initially I showed 2 new comments in the Feature Sugesstion section,  After looking at the first new comment by clicking on the tie of the last comment there are no other new comments available.  I am currently showing one new comment in the Feature Suggestion section yet when I enter the section there are no comments listed as new.

This is my biggest complaint as well.  Also there really seems to be no place on the forum for these types of threads.  To me none of the categories seem to be a place to put comments about the forum.

We're looking for feedback just like this, so thank you - we will look at making changes like this in upcoming enhancements. An important feature of the software we're using is that we can really customize it to suit our needs relatively easy.

The new community page shows how many new posts there are but it isn't a link that you can click on to filter to the posts that have new content.  Also does clicking the thumbs up on a post make it show as a new post, because I never see anywhere neer the number of posts with new content as what the initial screen says.  Currently for me the Feature Suggestions shows 42 New, but when I count all of the posts that say (? New) they add up to 17.

The new community page shows how many new posts there are but it isn't a link that you can click on to filter to the posts that have new content.  Also does clicking the thumbs up on a post make it show as a new post, because I never see anywhere neer the number of posts with new content as what the initial screen says.  Currently for me the Feature Suggestions shows 42 New, but when I count all of the posts that say (? New) they add up to 17.

If you click on the Unread Posts title it will take you to a landing page that showcases all the new posts. As for the "new posts" incorrectly showing, we'll have to take a deeper look at what may be causing this.