Rules for Smart Switch only allow up to 1 hour settings after sunset or sunrise

3 posts in this topic

Rules for Smart Switch only allow up to 1 hour settings after sunset or sunrise​.

I use a smart switch to turn my landscape lights on at sunset. I would like to leave then on for 2 or three hours but only have the option for 60minutes.

Am I missing something?

Rules for Smart Switch only allow up to 1 hour settings after sunset or sunrise​.

I use a smart switch to turn my landscape lights on at sunset. I would like to leave then on for 2 or three hours but only have the option for 60minutes.

Am I missing something?

You can do this with a rule.  "Turn off a device that has been on for X hours".  I use this on 2 devices that come on at sunset, then turn off 2 hours later.

Am I missing something?

Yes. The 1 hour "limits" you are talking about are just options for off-sets from the actual time of sunrise or sunset. For instance, it is not dark enough for me to want my porch lights to come on right at sunset, so I have them off-set from the actual sunset time so that they come on 20 minutes AFTER sunset (ie, 20 minute offset). I can schedule them to stay on for as long as I want to -- that's done in a different place than the offset.

sparc likes this