Product Reviews

4 posts in this topic

I've been looking at the Iris products and their reviews on the Lowe'ss website.   I think it would be a great idea, and in everyone's best interest, to help leave positive and constructive reviews for the Iris products that you use and like.  It would help others who are maybe on the fence of purchasing make a decision, and help keep the product alive long term.  Just an idea.  I know that the average review rating has been pretty horrid, but I think the system has come a long way and some positive reviews could help to bring in some more customers hopefully.   It is so much easier to write poor reviews when you're upset with a product, but for those of us who want to support the system, we need to keep the motivation to try and keep it alive.   I just really want to see this platform succeed!   Just my two cents.  :)  

Enzo, rdisom, thegillion and 1 other like this

As much as I want the platform to succeed, I can't in good conscience recommend the platform to anyone in it's current state. My grandparents lost their internet over the weekend, and AT&T told them it will be two weeks before they can come out and get to it. We don't have off line processing, I'd hate to have to explain to them a system that I'd recommended is not not functional to any degree at all because they have no Internet for the next 15 days.

Lowes has without warning just up and decided to leave our homes vulnerable by deciding to kill our systems to do updates that say fail in some cases, or quietly do updates that make items no long alarm devices (garage door controllers), etc.

Just my opinion, and perhaps I'm just being a "negative nancy". However I believe in my case, until Iris / Lowes gets their act together and gets us back closer to V1 state I couldn't recommend this to anyone. So my "positive review" or show of support, will just have to be no review at all. Which is and has been what it is at the moment. Which is sad, back during V1 I used to recommend it to people. I'm so glad, my dad did not buy this for his two houses now.

As much as I want the platform to succeed, I can't in good conscience recommend the platform to anyone in it's current state. My grandparents lost their internet over the weekend, and AT&T told them it will be two weeks before they can come out and get to it. We don't have off line processing, I'd hate to have to explain to them a system that I'd recommended is not not functional to any degree at all because they have no Internet for the next 15 days.

Lowes has without warning just up and decided to leave our homes vulnerable by deciding to kill our systems to do updates that say fail in some cases, or quietly do updates that make items no long alarm devices (garage door controllers), etc.

Just my opinion, and perhaps I'm just being a "negative nancy". However I believe in my case, until Iris / Lowes gets their act together and gets us back closer to V1 state I couldn't recommend this to anyone. So my "positive review" or show of support, will just have to be no review at all. Which is and has been what it is at the moment. Which is sad, back during V1 I used to recommend it to people. I'm so glad, my dad did not buy this for his two houses now.

I agree with you. As much as I want to be positive about this system I see to little progress toward parity with V1.

So many V1 users are so invested in V1 hardware that moving to another platform makes their original investment worthless.

I understand that Alertme abandoning the platform caused Lowes some major issues.

However with no local processing no web interface no open communication about planned parity I couldn't give them any kudos for this system.

loonytim likes this