System Self-armed For No Reason

5 posts in this topic

Wow, that was weird, as I am writing a response in another thread my system just logged me as leaving and Away and since I was the last person home it set the alarm to ON.

Then a minute later it set it back to OFF because it recorded me as returning, all while I was reading the thread and writing a response while sitting at the computer.

I heard the keypad beep and thought 'what was that?' and looked in history on the web portal and this is what I see.

This has happened two or three times before over the past 3 years, and it's why I have Iris send me both an email and a push notification
whenever the system is armed or disarmed so I can evaluate if its gone off the deep end or its a truthful change of state based on an action
my wife or I have taken.

01-27-2017 11:08:37 am   Security Alarm Disarmed
01-27-2017 11:08:37 am   Scene Run Scene I\u0027m Home was run by rule Run a Scene When Someone Gets Home
01-27-2017 11:08:37 am   Bob arrived (nope, I never left the house)
01-27-2017 11:07:53 am   Security Alarm Armed ON
01-27-2017 11:06:53 am   Scene Run Scene Away was run by rule Run a Scene When the Last Person Leaves
01-27-2017 11:06:53 am   Bob departed (didn't happen)
01-27-2017 10:53:46 am   MS 2 Rear Motion was no longer detected (this is when I sat down to the computer)

1 hour ago, sparc said:

Wow, that was weird, as I am writing a response in another thread my system just logged me as leaving and Away and since I was the last person home it set the alarm to ON.

Then a minute later it set it back to OFF because it recorded me as returning, all while I was reading the thread and writing a response while sitting at the computer.

I heard the keypad beep and thought 'what was that?' and looked in history on the web portal and this is what I see.

This has happened two or three times before over the past 3 years, and it's why I have Iris send me both an email and a push notification
whenever the system is armed or disarmed so I can evaluate if its gone off the deep end or its a truthful change of state based on an action
my wife or I have taken.

01-27-2017 11:08:37 am   Security Alarm Disarmed
01-27-2017 11:08:37 am   Scene Run Scene I\u0027m Home was run by rule Run a Scene When Someone Gets Home
01-27-2017 11:08:37 am   Bob arrived (nope, I never left the house)
01-27-2017 11:07:53 am   Security Alarm Armed ON
01-27-2017 11:06:53 am   Scene Run Scene Away was run by rule Run a Scene When the Last Person Leaves
01-27-2017 11:06:53 am   Bob departed (didn't happen)
01-27-2017 10:53:46 am   MS 2 Rear Motion was no longer detected (this is when I sat down to the computer)

Is the fob in your pocket?  Any chance buttons on the fob are being pushed by other objects in your pocket?  This has happened to me before.  If not you might want to check your fob battery.

No, it's sitting next to my keys and no one but me was home and I didn't touch it
so possibly a weak battery but the button push no so likely.

IIRC it has been my V1 keyfob that has initiated this but I don't carry it in my pocket
so while I do understand the pocket activation you are speaking of its not the case
for me. The battery is at 70% right now, that should be enough that its not causing a
problem. As far as what the battery level was for the past events I don't know as I didn't
check. Might have been low for one case but the other was while we were both away
over a weekend and I remember that I had replaced the battery just two days before
so should have been good that time too.