Nucleus Intercom & Alexa integration Ideas

5 posts in this topic

It would be awesome if the Nucleus Intercom camera could be viewed though IRIS. With these and other Alexa enabled devices being spread throughout my house along with several other users, these devices should be able to sound alarms like a siren also. This would be a great safety feature. Say your fire alarm is going off this would ensure your kids know if they sleep in another part of the house with the added alarm noise in there room. (My kids would probally sleep through just the smoke detector beeping. ) Then if you had the Nucleus you immediately call them and tell them the safest way to exit or that you are on the way.

sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 5 on Tapatalk

I see that these have dropped to $150. I think they are reaching a price point where it is almost worth looking into now.
How well does the alexa integration work? At first glance it looked like you have to tap the alexa button at the bottom of the screen instead of it being voice activated, but I see on their website they make it sound like it IS voice activated. Does this have the feature where only the closest device will respond? I've also seen someone report that it doesn't do everything that a regular echo can do (referenced not being able to control hue lights)... Surely it can control iris devices, right? Can it play music or anything like that?

hey Smitho.  i picked up two of these a few days ago when they went on sale.  The Alexa integration is pretty cool and it is voice activated so you dont have to tap on the Alexa button to wake it up.  it does take a little louder voice to wake it than does the Echo or Dot but it mirrors everything you can do with the Echo or Dot.  I have one in my living room with my Echo and they will both wake at the same time...although if you are not loud enough, only the Echo will wake.  I have been able to control everything through the Nucleus that I can control through the Echo.  I dont have Hue lights but all my other lights work just fine.  It will play music, tell you the time, the weather, etc....everything so far that the Echo will.  There is so much potential with these and I have been in conversations with the CEO and they have alot of new features they are looking to add.  They really want to know what customers are looking for in terms of features and improvements.  Their customer response is like nothing I have ever seen.  Pretty cool!

Medic likes this

Looks like at some point these went back up to $199...
Seems like $150 would be the "sweet spot". You have to have 2 of them to really realize the benefit, and I can't imagine they will reach mass-market appeal at $400 for a pair.
Now with the echo show, it seems these might even have less appeal. I know these are designed primarily for "in home" communication, and the echo show is more for home-to-home communication, but at first glance people are going to assume this is a "knockoff" of the echo show.

With basically no marketing and being a new company, I think this going to be an example of a great idea and product that has no chance of survival unless the sell out to someone like nest.

Sadly this device was partially funded by Amazon and then they basically copied it but took the idea a little further.