GDO now a participating device for alarm
1 1

20 posts in this topic

This may not be new but I don't remember the GDO as an alarm device but I see the it is now a participating alarm device in the current app.  We'll have to wait on the new app to see if it stays.

11 hours ago, Vettester said:

Hmmm.... its not a participating device on the current iOS app.

Its not on my Android version either yet.

I didn't see it in the previous version of the app but in the new app I do see my Garage Door controller as an option on my iPhone.

This appears to be an option, but does it actually do anything?  I've tried to set both my GDO's to "PARTIAL", but they keep defaulting back to "NOT PARTICIPATING".  Has anybody been able to get this to change?

I was able to make it stick on Android, I'll try it on my wife's fan boy phone and report back. 

4 minutes ago, pavalov said:

Then it is time to purchase two GDO's from Lowe's!

IRIS, please get the message: when you fix, we buy.

Were you able to test this?

I also tried on iPad 2 with 9.3.5.  It stayed on each selection I chose.  I tried all 4 choices, and backed out to home screen before going back and checking.  I force closed the app once and my choice still stuck.

On 4/4/2017 at 9:41 PM, scunny said:

Were you able to test this?

This may be old news now, but I finally installed a GDO, and it does participate in both ON and Partial.  Good grief though, the flashing warning lights and door opening alarm make it seem like a fire truck is about to come roaring out of my garage!

sparc likes this

8 hours ago, pavalov said:

This may be old news now, but I finally installed a GDO, and it does participate in both ON and Partial.  Good grief though, the flashing warning lights and door opening alarm make it seem like a fire truck is about to come roaring out of my garage!

Lol.  I believe at least one of the warnings is required by law on a device that can close a garage door remotely.  They definitely get your attention.

FYI, I have had 2 of these since early on in V1.  One of them has been bulletproof, the other has had issues 3 or 4 times.  It always comes back after a remove and re-pair.  Although it gave me fits a couple of times when it added as New Device.  

On 5/27/2017 at 9:27 AM, rdisom said:

I believe at least one of the warnings is required by law on a device that can close a garage door remotely.  They definitely get your attention.

Which seems silly because you can open them "remotely" with the mfg-provided remote, hence the name!  But whatever they feel they need to do for liability purposes, it is nice to have Iris control there.

Sorry, I chose poor wording.  It should have been "out of line of sight" or something similar.  

3 hours ago, rdisom said:

Sorry, I chose poor wording.  It should have been "out of line of sight" or something similar.  

No, I think your wording was accurate, and I wasn't disagreeing with you.  I was saying that the door-opening remotes the manufacturers provide to put on your car visor also seem likely to open a GD without you being in sight of the door, so I wonder why they decided the phone app has to have more protection than the visor remote?