Iris Version 2.1 is Available for iOS and Android

51 posts in this topic

Seems fine on 6S after updating to 10.3.1

Maybe narrowed down to an issue with the 7+?

My wife has a 6S+, so I will try that phone when I get home.

Seems fine on 6S after updating to 10.3.1
Maybe narrowed down to an issue with the 7+?
My wife has a 6S+, so I will try that phone when I get home.

Yeah must be something specific to 7+ 🤷🏼‍♂️🏼‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah must be something specific to 7+ 🤷🏼‍♂️🏼‍♂️

And iPad Air 2?

Still updating 6s plus.

One iOs issue that has been around for a while, at least for me.  On any of my older devices (iOs 9.3.5), whenever you go to Lights & Switches card and select schedule the app crashes and backs out to home screen.  Uninstalling and reinstalling will fix it for one or two attempts, but then it reverts to crashing.

Not critical since I usually access through my phone, but an issue none the less.  This has been around since long before the latest update.

The app seems fine on the 6S + also.  Sorry that's not much help, but maybe it's only on the 7+ ?

The app runs fine on the Moto Z-Force Droid on Android 7.0. Other than the better look, professional motoring it looks the same. I did notice the windows and blinds car that was coming soon has been removed completely.

Although I wish they had added a second row for Favorites, overall I like the Dashboard much better. They have ditched a few of the quick-view status info items on the face of each card, but they are using the real estate of a single screen much better IMO. I can now see 6 separate cards on one view, even on my tiny iPhone SE 4" screen.

This update is actually working great.  I'm impressed almost as much as I am surprised actually. 

For me it seems that the 'update brings all kinds of troubles' days are behind me....

Things are looking up.

This update is actually working great.  I'm impressed almost as much as I am surprised actually. 

For me it seems that the 'update brings all kinds of troubles' days are behind me....

Things are looking up.

Glad to hear it's a solid update. Gives me something to look forward to when they get it working on my 7+

Glad to hear it's a solid update. Gives me something to look forward to when they get it working on my 7+

Same. Thank goodness gillion has his webportal that works good on the phone or I would be up sh1t creek.

thegillion likes this

The good news is iris is being transparent about the iOS issue. There is a large prominent notice at the top of the iris home page about it. They have also posted a notice on their facebook page.
They have acknowledged they have a problem and made great efforts to let everyone know they are working on it.
They are definitely making great strides in communication with their users!

sparc likes this

The good news is iris is being transparent about the iOS issue. There is a large prominent notice at the top of the iris home page about it. They have also posted a notice on their facebook page.
They have acknowledged they have a problem and made great efforts to let everyone know they are working on it.
They are definitely making great strides in communication with their users!

I hadn't noticed they posted on webstie. Not a good sign they don't already have a fix figured out though. I say that because once they resubmit to Apple Store it'll take 24-48 hours for update to push which essentially renders my system useless during that time 🤦🏼‍♂️

1 hour ago, blaine07 said:

I hadn't noticed they posted on webstie. Not a good sign they don't already have a fix figured out though. I say that because once they resubmit to Apple Store it'll take 24-48 hours for update to push which essentially renders my system useless during that time emoji848.png🤦🏼‍♂️

iOS_app.JPG

sparc likes this

Something seems a little off about that statement though...
If they are still "investigating the root cause", how are they already "working on a fix"?

Translation: "We know something is wrong, but we haven't figured it out yet... but we will fix it as soon as we do!"

*For Those of you having iOS app crashes*

Change your time format from 24 hour format to 12 hour format until a fix is released.  This should clear things up in the meantime. 

pavalov likes this

*For Those of you having iOS app crashes*
Change your time format from 24 hour format to 12 hour format until a fix is released.  This should clear things up in the meantime. 

Hot dog it works. Feels like this was a issue in the past on a previous release lol?

2 hours ago, Otto Mation said:

An incremental update for Android just dropped in the Play Store.

Looked at the apps and i dont see anything added like devices or pics. I do see some text changes. 

Anybody have their heating and cooling schedule and mode changed by the update?

I heard our heat come on this morning and we are having a bit of a cool spell, but it's the first time it has come on in a week or so.  I noticed I started feeling warm so I looked at the thermostat and it was set to Auto and the heat value was 70.  We never set our thermostat that high for heat, I also never use Auto mode.  I switched it to heat but it is some default schedule, I guess,  and not the one I set up.  So you might want to check it, this will give me the impetus to switch my thermostat to ST and try it some of the scheduler apps available, since I have to set my schedule back up anyway

So anyone else see at change?

I like the new app but I have one comment that I haven't seen anyone make.

It's nice that the cards are smaller and take less scrolling, 

But they changed the font of the favorites and icons at the top.   They made them bigger and I think it doesn't look as clean.  I have a favorite called Thermostat,   and it used to fit the entire word under the icon and now it says  "Thermosta"   and just the letter " t "  us in a second line below.   Seems clunky.

Same with the history,  it now takes up a lot of space but just 3 lines of data.  

I'd like to see the current format,  but adjust the font size and layout to look a little cleaner

2 hours ago, jeff909 said:

But they changed the font of the favorites and icons at the top.   They made them bigger and I think it doesn't look as clean.  I have a favorite called Thermostat,   and it used to fit the entire word under the icon and now it says  "Thermosta"   and just the letter " t "  us in a second line below.   Seems clunky.

Same with the history,  it now takes up a lot of space but just 3 lines of data.  

I'd like to see the current format,  but adjust the font size and layout to look a little cleaner

I like the larger font.  If the 9 character limitation bothers you, there are creative ways to keep your favorites card looking clean.

Favorites.png

sparc likes this

2 hours ago, jeff909 said:

How about giving us a choice of font size, how hard would that be?

The old app version I could not read the tiny print, this new font size is so much better.
No matter what I tried with my phones settings I could not change the font size to something
that was readable for me. To have a phone with a 5.5 inch screen and those tiny letters about
1/16 of an inch high and no way to change it was ridiculous.