GDO as Alarm Devices

7 posts in this topic

So since the new update I've added my GDO back as an alarm device. However today I had my alarm go off, because my garage door opened supposedly. I immediately opened the app, and viewed the camera in my garage, my garage door was not opening, or open. 

I believe what happened is the GDO disconnected for a moment and the alarm paniced, and went off. However there is nothing in my history to show that the device disconnected or opened?

Anyone else?

My wife inadvertently tripped our our alarm late last night by opening a window after the alarm had been set.  I used the app to verify the window sensor triggered the alarm and then silenced the alarm via the app.  Four minutes after silencing the alarm it went off again.  Checking the app it indicated the alarm had been triggered by one of my GDO's.  I got up and verified that the garage door had not been opened.  I received both an email and a phone call notification for both events. 

I have had several similar problems over the last few days where my garage door indicates it has opened in the history. However, I have confirmed for sure the door did not actually open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Otto Mation said:

How were you made aware that the GDO triggered the alarm?

Phone call, the app, and I have an email.

Just now, OhioYJ said:

Phone call, the app, and I have an email.

Thanks.  There is something strange going on with the GDO's.

My alarm went off again today, same thing.... Garage door opened. Checked the camera, garage door is shut. Re-armed the alarm, it tells me I need to bypass the garage door. In the history it says it closed the garage door based on my rules, even though the garage door was never open.