Adding something new.....
1 1

8 posts in this topic

So I have been thinking about adding something very special to the portal. This would wrap everything into a neat package that everyone is asking for. 3

Smart Home Assistant aNd Evaluation = Shane

With Shane, you can view your home the way you always wanted to. 

Step one you will need to invite Shane into your home. You will do this the same way you invite anyone. With an Email and Full Access, this will allow Shane to see events in your home.

Step two talk to Shane this is going to be done over web UI first then will move to apps and even email and texting. 

Step three let Shane get to know you. Like Google he will send you notifications or emails of things you may like to know about your house.

Step four Shane will evaluation everything and let you know where you can make your home better. If it's arming the alarm when you leave or turning off lights in other rooms. No need to think about the right rules in your house.

So I have some other ideas to add to Shane but that is a basic run down. Would you guys use it or pass?

18 minutes ago, thegillion said:

Smart Home Assistant aNd Evaluation = Shane

If you're going to play on words I'd call it SHAME. "Smart Home Assistant Meaning Everything", like parity!

11 hours ago, pavalov said:

Sounds interesting. I'd have to know more about its security parameters.

On the roadmap is to have an account on Iris system that Shane uses to view and control your system. The password on the account will be changed every 30 days to a random string. As for the server security, Shane will set on a private server and will pass data on to you via a web server and email server. The great thing about having Shane on a invite system is anytime you want Shane gone just remove him from your account.