Iris V2 Energy Monitoring?

8 posts in this topic

So, 2+ years ago IRIS started giving hints that it would have an energy monitoring solution built into the IRIS gui...both single device and whole home.    Over time, I started deploying more smart switches and the built in wattage usage monitoring for those switches was useful.

When V2 was released, there were a lot of comments about hoping that IRIS gave more support for whole home solutions and that at the very least AEOTEC devices should be supported.  Last year I purchased an AEOTEC device but never got around to installing it.  I'm having electricians out today for other work....and it looks like IRIS has completely removed any mention of energy monitoring from their updated mobile app or beta web gui.

So, I assume this means I probably should return the AEOTEC....

According to a post on the official Iris community forum, Lowes currently has no plans of bringing this back in V2.   We were duped.  

If it's the one thegillion said, you can use it. You'll have to use his web portal for monitoring though. And honestly, I'd recommend his portal over the polished turd the Iris team released officially. Its got more features.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

thegillion likes this

4 hours ago, Dan8785 said:

According to a post on the official Iris community forum, Lowes currently has no plans of bringing this back in V2.   We were duped.  

I would have clicked on the like button but I can't like that we were misled so I will show my agreement with the above in this way.

I like you post, I don't like that we no longer have energy monitoring and there are no plans to bring it back.

2 hours ago, sparc said:

I would have clicked on the like button but I can't like that we were misled so I will show my agreement with the above in this way.

I like you post, I don't like that we no longer have energy monitoring and there are no plans to bring it back.

Misled isn't the proper wording in my opinion.  We were part of bait and switch.  We were promised the features, along with complete parity to V1.  So far, it's still no where close.  

Just today, I had a customer in my store ask me if I would recommend Iris over Smartthings.  I told him if he wants to turn lights off and on only, then either one would work.  If he wants to do more advanced stuff such as door locks, HVAC control, etc., go with the smartthings unit.  Their hub supports most of the Iris devices and supports a multitude more devices.

MattM likes this