Schlage lock won't lock from digital side

5 posts in this topic

Tried hitting lock keypad as I was leaving this morning and got a X and no lock. Never had this issue before. It's also offline now. Anyone else having issues after yesterday's maintenance?

Mine are both working normally, but I did have a scheduled scene that did run this morning.

With my front door deadbolt, I've had instances in the past when the lock was partially engaged (maybe 1/16th of an inch or less... just enough that the door would still close but the lock was not FULLY unlocked) where I was unable to lock it from the outside. I'm assuming this is because my toddler likes to play with the lock when we are not looking. When that happens I have to open the door and make sure the thumbturn is turned COMPLETELY counterclockwise, and then I'm able to lock it from the outside. There is a slight bit of play in mine which will not allow it to lock if the bolt is extended even a fraction of an inch.
Probably not the issue you are facing (seeing how yours is disconnected also), but I figured it was worth mentioning anyway.

ZBMAN likes this

Replaced the batteries and it works fine. It never sounded like the batteries were weak. Usually gets slow when they are bad.