Z-Wave devices disconnecting/reconnecting
1 1

36 posts in this topic

Found it!   I need to study the output to try and understand it's meaning.  I do get errors when trying to view and generate the png file..  Is this error to be expected?

working on C:/Users/sven.PDT/Downloads/zwave-map.gv

Warning: Unable to reclaim box space in spline routing for edge "C0xXRi03NzY49ZcZIAsAAAAAAAA=" -> "HExXRi03NzY49ZcZIBwAAAAAAAA=". Something is probably seriously wrong.

Warning: Unable to reclaim box space in spline routing for edge "BkxXRi03NzY49ZcZIAYAAAAAAAA=" -> "GExXRi03NzY49ZcZIBgAAAAAAAA=". Something is probably seriously wrong.

I have two new switches that I installed and they will not report their status until several minutes later if at all. I have three V2 smart plugs in the room outside the door (bathroom switches) and the zwave switch inside the bedroom works fine. If I take the hub in there as I did when I paired them, it shows up immediately when I turn them off/on. Anyone pair up a new zwave switch since the update? I can control them instantly with the app, just manually turned on they don't say they are turned on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/21/2017 at 11:29 AM, thegillion said:

@Pavman  Have you pulled a Zwave map. It sounds like you have your data going to your zwave outside lights then coming back to your house.

Well, I ended up moving my hub to the opposite end of the house and right next to one of the GE z-wave switches and all seems to be staying stable...  Kudos to your great work on the portal!  What a great tool !  I have downloaded the map and searched your postings but have yet been able to come across a key as to what the light grey and dotted connections mean?  Also curious as to how to determine what device numbers on the map refer to?  is there a post somewhere explaining this??  

All the best!

Well, I ended up moving my hub to the opposite end of the house and right next to one of the GE z-wave switches and all seems to be staying stable...  Kudos to your great work on the portal!  What a great tool !  I have downloaded the map and searched your postings but have yet been able to come across a key as to what the light grey and dotted connections mean?  Also curious as to how to determine what device numbers on the map refer to?  is there a post somewhere explaining this??  

All the best!

Right above where you pulled the map from you should see a link that says "To view your protocol ID's click here"

20 minutes ago, accessdenied79 said:

Right above where you pulled the map from you should see a link that says "To view your protocol ID's click here"

Thanks, I saw that link; however, my devices are not numbered as in the map.  My Protocopl ID's look like this:  VxxfAgLBEgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA= ?? Not numbers?

Thanks, I saw that link; however, my devices are not numbered as in the map.  My Protocopl ID's look like this:  VxxfAgLBEgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA= ?? Not numbers?

Look at the text portion of your map when you open it. You have a graphical part (map itself) and the text from which the map is drawn. You will have a list of ids and the number on the map. Takes a little bit of work to pair them all up but I have done it three times this weekend alone, lol.

thegillion likes this

1 hour ago, accessdenied79 said:

Look at the text portion of your map when you open it. You have a graphical part (map itself) and the text from which the map is drawn. You will have a list of ids and the number on the map. Takes a little bit of work to pair them all up but I have done it three times this weekend alone, lol.

Copy and paste the top bit of text map it shouldn't change unless you add a device.

Copy and paste the top bit of text map it shouldn't change unless you add a device.

I did. I meant I had to print out my map three times this weekend troubleshooting issues with two new zwave devices.

thegillion likes this

Got it!!!    I opened the .gv file in a text editor and see the references there at the top as you said!  Thanks to you both; hopefully, my stumbling will help someone out with this in the future.

All the best!

34 minutes ago, Pavman said:

Got it!!!    I opened the .gv file in a text editor and see the references there at the top as you said!  Thanks to you both; hopefully, my stumbling will help someone out with this in the future.

All the best!

You might find this thread useful:  http://forum.livingwithiris.com/index.php?/topic/3801-zwave-maps/&