Did Ivee Go Out of Business?

3 posts in this topic

I am assuming that they are now defunct.  I see that they have not posted on their facebook or twitter page in over a year and their website front page still offers pre-orders that ended in 2015.  I can't imagine that they have not gone under, the original Ivee was the most disappointing, piece of garbage failure in the history of tech that I ever experienced and they never stood behind the product or made it work.  With Echo and Google home being out they don't even have a prayer of success because the aforementioned products work and are from companies that stand behind their product.

What i am very curious about is if the second gen product ever shipped.  Did anybody get one?  Does it work?  I am thinking the answer to both questions is no.  I see no chatter about it and I am wondering if the second round of crowdfunders got screwed like the first gen backers and customers did.

Edit:  Searching the CEO and Founder shows that he is working for someone else now in a business development role, so my guess is that Ivee is dead.

Sheesh, I think this one of very, very few times where you've expressed an opinion this strongly - product must've been pretty gawd awful.  I'm glad I didn't jump on the sale a while back where they were selling Ivees for $60.

It was awesome that they came out with a voice-activated assistant that actually integrated with IRIS first.  But it's too bad the rest of the market caught on (FAST) and pretty much just executed the model better.

From what I remember, there was actually a pretty large gap in time between when ivee decided to kill the first generation product and the point where the echo really started to rule the world.
G35Rider, from your comment it makes it sound like they were doing something good but the big guys came along put them out of business, but that wasn't the case at all.
They actually screwed over their customers and decided to ditch their non-working product in favor of developing a 2nd generation product LONG before amazon and google came to the table.

From my understanding, the ivee worked at first, but didn't work well... they eventually put out some updates that made things worse and pretty much broke the device completely, before giving up on it and trying to start over (leaving all the original ivee users with essentially a paperweight). It seems like they realized it was a hardware problem that couldn't be corrected in software, but didn't have the resources to "make it right" and replace the devices. I think this pretty much killed the company as no one was willing to give them a second chance after they didn't address the first generation problems and retired the product.