Please welcome to the forum IRISbyLowes....
6 6

41 posts in this topic

Soon, I will be making a special announcement to the forum members, that I think you all will appreciate and be happy to hear. I'm currently working on the finer details and when exactly I'll make the announcement. I'm not going to spill any beans just yet, but let's just say that it'll be something to make some of you.... :)

I will be locking this announcement till the time comes to make the official announcement and at that time I will open back up this topic for discussion. Thanks everyone. 

joelh, ade194 and CTMaineah like this

We are very excited to introduce the "Iris By Lowe's" team to the Living with Iris forum!

A representative from the Iris team will be present in the forum under the username “IrisByLowes” to answer questions, listen to your feedback, and provide you with access to the Iris customer support team. Don’t hesitate to communicate with the Iris account and please continue to act as you always have in the forum. We are excited to have this direct line of communication with the Iris By Lowe’s team.

Dan8785 and joelh like this

Welcome!!  Please visit the Wish List section of the forum and take notes!  ;)

When's the new hub coming?   B)

Thank you for the warm welcome! We are paying very close attention to the Wish List section and are always taking notes on feedback. As far as a new hub goes please know that we remain committed to growing our smart home solution and Iris users like you will be the first to know when we have any updates to share.

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to the improvement of Iris by having someone from the team listening to our feedback.

KyRed likes this

Welcome to the Forum!! This is wonderful news and I think reassures many of us the commitment that Lowe's has to the IRIS system!! I look forward to your feedback and information.

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to the improvement of Iris by having someone from the team listening to our feedback.

Thank you! We are very excited to participate in the forum and look forward to all of the conversations we will now be able to have with Iris users. 

Welcome to the Forum!! This is wonderful news and I think reassures many of us the commitment that Lowe's has to the IRIS system!! I look forward to your feedback and information.

Thank you! We can assure you that Lowe's is certainly committed to Iris. Looking forward to learning more about your experience with the system!

Glad you are on-board here. Please listen and most of all, learn from our feedback--this is probably the most dedicated group of Iris users on the web and many of them have great ideas.

mojo2600

"2600 Hertz--music to a phreak's ears."

KyRed likes this

Welcome to the forum, IrisByLowes!  I'm sure that most here share in my sentiment that we are happy that you're here and are all willing to help out in any way we can to ensure the long term success and vitality of the Iris platform.

Glad you are on-board here. Please listen and most of all, learn from our feedback--this is probably the most dedicated group of Iris users on the web and many of them have great ideas.

mojo2600

"2600 Hertz--music to a phreak's ears."

Thanks for the welcome! We are very excited to be in the forum so we can have direct communication with so many of our most passionate users. We certainly look forward to hearing your ideas!

Welcome to the forum, IrisByLowes!  I'm sure that most here share in my sentiment that we are happy that you're here and are all willing to help out in any way we can to ensure the long term success and vitality of the Iris platform.

Thank you, IrisUsers!

I am glad I stumbled across the forum, and even happier to see Lowes is on here. The Lowes stores near me are dropping Iris displays and accessories. Store associates told me it is being discontinued. Seeing that Lowes plans on growing the Iris system, makes me feel a little bit more secure!

Welcome to the forum.  Your local associates are ill informed. I feel that's been a problem for Iris, no one in the stores know anything about it.

I hope so. I confirmed that two of the Bree closest stores have eliminated all Iris products. One store is in a senior citizen zone, and I bet it was not selling. The other store is in a very seasonal location along the Jersey Shore. But you are correct, Iris is not well-promoted which I think hurts everyone.

Thank you for the intro, Todd! We are very excited to be in the forum and are looking forward to engaging with everyone. Always feel free to reach out to us directly with any questions or feedback you have regarding Iris. 

Pretty please. Stop being closed with device integration and development. Open up an API and let the community tinker and develop your compatibility with devices.

Welcome to the forum. Anything that can better than the "we will forward this issue to tier 2 support and call you back" which has been not happening for many users would be a great improvement

I hope so. I confirmed that two of the Bree closest stores have eliminated all Iris products. One store is in a senior citizen zone, and I bet it was not selling. The other store is in a very seasonal location along the Jersey Shore. But you are correct, Iris is not well-promoted which I think hurts everyone.

When I was looking at home automation systems, every store I went to had very poorly informed associates and displays that were just as bad. I asked two associates at the big orange colored hardware store and they didn't even know they had home automation products.

Although not perfect, the Lowe's display is one of the better ones. At least you can play with the big TV and get an idea what the product does. By and large the associates in my local Lowe's store have been poorly informed. There are a few standouts and I certainly let them know they are doing a good job. I've also noticed the help buttons seem to be disappearing along with an adequate amount of associates.

Who's idea was it to force satisfied customers to manage their proprietary home security networks over an unsecured cell phone???

Have you fired that idiot yet??

Would you care to to explain your comment above about "force satisfied customers" as well as "unsecured cell phone". As, I understand it WE are never forced into anything we don't want to do unless a gun is held to our heads. And do you have something to backup the statement of unsecured cell phone? Data transmission via all carriers is secured, but hacking a phone via an unknown installed app is something that can happen to anyone. Looking forward to hearing your reply. 

Who's idea was it to force satisfied customers to manage their proprietary home security networks over an unsecured cell phone???

The lack of a web based interface is a well documented complaint, and valid for many, but because it is used over an unsecured cell phone is not nor should it be.  If you have a problem with your carrier's data plan being unsecured you need to complain to them not Lowe's. I would submit that if there's an idiot that needs to be fired in your scenario it's someone on your carrier side for not providing your with a secure internet connection.

I would hope you some type of password to access your cell phone and if not this will be an unsecured cell phone access.

But this is just my 2 cents...

BTW...  Open wifi hot spots and internet spoofing is another access...

scunny likes this