Hub update
1 1

33 posts in this topic

Updated fine except it's showing that the kids are home. Unless both of them forgot their backpacks today at home then something isn't quite right.... Both fobs are showing "low signal" on the devices page but still showing as being home.

Did the update on one of my hubs today and observed some odd behavior.  A few minutes into the upgrade I heard the hub announce that it was in Home mode and the alarm was set to off.  This was immediately followed by the sound of my Schlage lock unlocking and and the keypad door chime signaling that a door had been opened.  Since the system was already in Home mode, the alarm off with a rule was in place to unlock the door when the alarm is turned off, plus a door chime turned on for the door contact which was really open at the time, all led me to believe the system just reset itself into the state that it was.  Still, for this reason I never do hub upgrades unless I'm on site.

My two keypads are having some issues 5 hours after update. If you attempt to arm your home when a sensor is open the alarm off button will light and the pad will make an error sound. When you close the open sensor the house will arm as normal. There is a lot of new lag time with the key pad after the update and optimizing the system. The amount of time for the key pad to begin an alarm and accept my pin almost made me think the full alarm would go off.

Did the upgrade. Everything seems normal other than my smoke alarms now look the battery is almost dead, which isn't true. I think I recall this happening after a previous update and it went away after a reset.

I found something that they finally added and it was MUCH NEEDED!  The "Local View" button is now on the camera's popup view window.

I am not seeing this, where is it?  I don't see it on the camera page or on the window that pops up if I play video or do the live view

I am not seeing this, where is it?  I don't see it on the camera page or on the window that pops up if I play video or do the live view

Go to the devices page, open the camera management page and make sure local mode it checked.

After applying the latest hub update all of my GE Link bulbs are reporting an erroneous status in both the web interface and the ios app.  The status shows the lights are always on even when they are off.  The on/off function still works in the web interface only and all associated magic rules still work as expected.  Is anyone else having issues with these non-supported bulbs?

My Sylvania bulbs will show that they are on but I can press "All Off" in a group and they will all "Turn Off"  I just checked it again and they were showing all on and weren't.  I am also able to toggle them off, even though they are off, and back on, then off again.  Guess this will be another call in to support later.

Validating that I see the same here. So it seems the UI is not displaying correctly every time I revisit back to the controls but the functionality and rules are working correctly. 

Mine also is not working

Magic worked but I can't toggle on/off any more, just stays stuck on sending changes

My iPhone app is doing the same thing, but I am able to control the lights through the browser interface.

Woke up this morning and the magic successfully had automatically turn it off,  further confirmation it may just be the app.

Hope it gets fixed...

But being that you must leave the switch ON at all times,  I had been getting tired of opening my phone every time I want to toggle it outside of the magic rule.  I was thinking of a $20 smart button and sticking it to the wall adjacent to the original switch.   If that would be considered magic and still work, I may just pick one up this weekend.

I had to go around a press the test button on all of my Smoke and CO detectors because they all showed as having dead batteries.  This has has happened after previous hub updates in the past also.

OHTRTA likes this

Had the same issue with my GE dimmable bulbs showing "on". Now I have both motion sensors and all windows sensors dissappear. Did a reset on the hub earlier.

Think I'll call tech support but guess they'll just say that they are working on it...

Reset the hub again and devices came back. Having an issue with key fobs are home when they are not as another person mentioned.

Time to keep the paperclip handy.