All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Last week
  3. Earlier
  4. AndrewX192

Z-wave Locks

Nothing has really changed or degraded with these Z-Wave locks. What's more likely is that you or your neighbors have added more devices, and as the Z-Wave spectrum becomes increasingly congested, you'll need improvements in the Z-Wave protocol and radios to compensate. The BE469 works fine if you keep it close to a hub; in my testing environment I've had no issues with 15-25ft away from the hub.
  5. Sorry for the delay, PM sent.
  6. Nanker Phelge

Iris / Orbit irrigation controllers

Any chance these controllers are still available? If so PM me please.
  7. sparc

Z-wave Locks

"These Schlage locks are pretty old, it's probably time to start swapping them out." Funny, if they were the old 'dumb' locks they would last forever just about, but now that they are 21st century tech they are cr@p in only a couple years. Makes me wonder if we are really moving forward or just found a way to empty our wallets faster thanks to engineered-in obsolesce .
  8. Otto Mation

Z-wave Locks

For me in the original Iris environment they were reliably unresponsive. I never got them to work reliably period and I had 6 of them. That was over $1200.00 invested. I worked with the developers off an on for years and it was a losing effort. When I sold that house, I left all of them with the house and never looked back. One of the best decisions that I ever made. I am now using Kwikset Zigbee locks and I also have two Kwikset Z-Wave plus locks and they are 100% rock solid,
  9. Terminal

Z-wave Locks

These Schlage locks are pretty old, it's probably time to start swapping them out. Z-wave in general seems less robust than what I got with ST. Several devices that are the furthest away from the HE hub would not pair until I brought the HE Hub close. I did not have to do that with ST. I started adding devices close to the Hub and moving away from it so as to keep minimal distances between z-wave repeaters. I just added in an Inovelli dimmer yesterday that paired fine in it's current location with ST, but I had to move the HE hub in the same room. The Inovelli has a test you can do to determine if it's in range of a good Z-wave signal and it said it was. Of coarse it could have been picking up the ST signal as I have both hubs running. There were two GE Z-wave switches both paired to HE one within about 3' and the other about 6' of the device. I may have to move the HE hub to a more central location in my house. It's in the same room as my ST hub which seem to be fine. The location is on one end of my House and the devices that need the hub moved to them are on the other. Still testing though. Getting all my devices and getting the automatons moved over to He from ST is taking a lot longer than I thought. At least I will now have a backup of my system with HE.
  10. AndrewX192

Z-wave Locks

In my experience, the original Schlage locks (e.g. the BE469) aren't very reliable. In my Arcus test environment, I have a BE469 a few feet away from the hub and it's almost flawless, but if you take it say 25ft away, you'd be lucky to get events about the door being unlocked or locked. You can try all sorts of range extenders (I personally use the Ring Range Extender with Arcus, as it has a built in backup battery, but really any mains powered Z-Wave device will work), but I've not had great luck with those and the BE469. Upgrading to the BE469ZP (Z-Wave Plus model) fixes all the issues I've seen with these locks. If you don't want to spend a bunch of money, you can watch eBay for partial / broken locks, and switch out the circuit board.
  11. Terminal

Z-wave Locks

Thanks for the advice. As I mentioned I was thinking of moving them back to ST but if I do that I will probably have to add a couple of the other Z-wave Iris 3210-l repeaters back to ST as well. As two of the locks are on the opposite end of the house from the ST HUB, So once I move all my other Z-wave devices on to HE I won't have any repeaters for ST. Something I found, is if you do a get codes to any of the three that have issues they will do about 5 or 6 slots and then just stop. I then have to pull the battery to get them to talk again. The FE5999, which is a much newer lock, will run through all 30 slots in a just a minute or so every time. It's also in the same room as my main hub. Although one of my oldest BE469s down in my shop is also in the same room as my remote hub and it works flawlessly as well. So it does seem to be something in the Z-wave signal strength. I have a bunch of Z-wave repeaters. Almost every room has two GE Z-wave switches in them, some are Z-wave and some are Z-wave plus. I also have 5 of the 3210-L Iris Z-wave smart plugs and I got all of the Z-wave repeaters to pair. I loaded shackrats Z-wave repeater driver and they all test good. I will give your method a try for a few days and see how that works.
  12. Vettester

Z-wave Locks

Schlage Z-wave locks can be a bit finicky. The Hubitat team recommends pairing the locks in place, but I could never get them to work right by doing this. The only way I could get them to except the lock codes was to pair them in close proximity to the hub. Once you get them paired and the codes working you can reinstall the lock and then run a Z-wave repair. There are a few other things I have found to keep them working reliably. First is to keep the battery level up, I'm not exactly sure what the minimal level is but I change mine out once they fall below 70%. Another nuance is for whatever reason the locks have to be refreshed periodically or the loose connectivity. One thing to keep in mind is that refreshing the lock basically wakes them up so this does have an affect battery life. I have RM rules setup to refresh them on a regular basis. You'll also want to make sure you don't try refreshing multiple locks at the same time. Here's a couple of examples of my rules:
  13. Terminal

Z-wave Locks

I have read through a bunch of threads over on the HE forums, but I wondered if you guys had any experience with Z-wave locks on HE. Below is what I posted over in a HE forum thread The forum is so busy and so much info to go through I thought I would ask over here since you guys have been using HE for awhile now. Did you guys have issues with your Z-wave locks, maybe you didn't have any. Unfortunately all of mine are, one train of thought over on the HE forum is to switch to zigbee locks, but that will get expensive. A couple of my Schlages are pretty old but they have worked reliably on ST for quite some time now. I just added my ST hub into HubConnect, and tomorrow I think I am just going to remove the locks from HE and add them back to ST, except maybe for the two that are close to a hub. They seem to work pretty well.
  14. Vettester

Starting up with Hubitat

I gave up on SystronicRF early on mainly because I felt they were taking way too long to develop profiles for some of my key devices. The main reason for moving to their platform was because of their support for Iris V1 devices. Even though Lowes reimbursed us for these I didn't want to throw away thousands of dollars if I didn't have to. I spent hours working with Andy in the early stages of development and I learned a lot about a Raspberry Pi so it wasn't a total loss. When Hubitat started supporting V1 devices I quickly baled out of the Systronics beta program and have never looked back. I have since repurposed my Raspberry Pi to use as a system reporting tool for Hubitat and to interface all of my devices into HomeKit. I use HomeKit to control my system when I'm not at home. When I first started with with Hubitat I quickly learned that even though the my GE Link bulbs were supported they caused issues with my zigbee network. To resolve this I purchased a second hub and am using it as a dedicated hub for my GE Link bulbs and haven't had any issues with any zigbee devices since.
  15. Terk

Starting up with Hubitat

I don't have any v1 devices here but I have a number of them on my parents hub and they haven't had any issues with them. I had issues with multiple devices on one side of the house dropping off every week or two and battery life issues on those devices then the battery died in one of my Iris v2 sensors and I couldn't get to it to replace the battery for a few months and everything was stable in that time. Spring finally came around and I could replace that battery and all of a sudden things on that side of the house started dropping off again so I've had the battery out for about a month and a half and no issues so I'm going to replace that device and see if there are any issues but my guess is its a bad device that was causing interference with the other devices.
  16. Otto Mation

Starting up with Hubitat

I am using quite a bit of v1 stuff on my HE hubs. I have three HE hubs. One in my shop and one in the house that have all of my Zigbee and Zwave devices connected to them. Then I have a third hub that is connected to the other hubs and acts as a server hub. The server hub runs all rules and automatons. Since getting it set up, I don't fool with it much any more. It just works and does its thing without issue. That's how it is supposed to be. I tried Smartthings before moving to Hubitat and it seemed like all I did was try to keep things working and running, It was literally a full time job. I'm really happy on Hubitat.
  17. Terminal

Starting up with Hubitat

I just switched to Hubitat, I finally gave up on Systronic. I thought I had read that HE supported the V1 keypads but sadly no, everything else worked so not a deal breaker. I am not 100% sold on the V1 device support on Hubitat though. I was at first, as all my devices migrated over with not a single hiccup. About 2 weeks in though all my V1 devices stopped talking. I had to reset and re-pair almost every one of them. Then I had to go back and update all my rules. Luckily I only use the V1 devices in my shop so it's not huge deal. It may have just been a bad device that corrupted the Zigbee mesh. I am still sold on the Hubitat platform, however, as I have started migrating my ST hub over to HE. I have most of my automations in ST on webcore, and webcore runs on the HE hub. So I was able to migrate all my pistons over from ST and they run pretty as is on HE. Apparently they frown upon using webcore on the HE hub but I have seen no down side yet. I did move a good portion of my simpler automations to rule machne. RM took some getting used to. I am starting to get the hang of it now though and it's not too bad. Webcore is far superior IMO, but RM is okay. Using the Hubconnect app I can even tie in a couple of the integrations on my ST hub that HE doesn't support. Mainly my Leviosa shades and Arlo cameras. . I had hoped to use some of my spare V1 stuff to fill in some gaps, adding in some additional motion and contact sensors. Cheaper than having to buy new stuff. Until I see how the shop holds up I will keep my House hub V1 free I think.
  18. rdisom

Wink moving to paid / subscription model

Yea, I picked up a Wink not long after starting with Iris. I picked up the Wink 2 hub a while back on clearance at Walmart. They ended up sitting on a shelf in my shop because they have just been stagnant for so long. I ran the Wink hub alongside the Iris hub for quite a while just because of the ability to use the Lutron stuff directly with the Wink hub. I converted everything from Iris to Wink when Iris shut down, but soon switched to Smartthings and never really looked back.
  19. Otto Mation

Battery Percentages Available

The argument was that battery percentages were not that accurate. We all knew that but it would be better than a battery showing as good and the next day the device being offline with a dead battery. At least with the percentages you could gauge if you wanted to change a battery or not. It certainly would be better than their arbitrary "okay/bad meter" which was never accurate. I would routinely look at all of my device battery percentages and change low ones before leaving on a trip or going out of town. Couldn't do that when they took percentages away, They didn't get it. We did have thegillions portal though. He gave us percentages.
  20. Otto Mation

Yeah, the Wink users are flooding into the Hubitat forum now. I think that the 5 bucks a month that they want to charge is not unreasonable but no one has any faith that this will keep them alive or bring new features and fixes. I read that Wink employees are not being paid. Seems to me that if this was the model that you were going to move to, it probably should have been done long before now. This from the Wink blog seems a bit harsh: Should you choose not to sign up for a subscription you will no longer be able to access your Wink devices from the app, with voice control or through the API, and your automations will be disabled on May 13. Your device connections, settings and automations can be reactivated if you decide to subscribe at a later date.
  21. AndrewX192

Wink announced today that they're moving to paid model effective next week... https://blog.wink.com/wink-blog/2020/5/6/introducing-wink-subscription
  22. AndrewX192

It was a extremely easy add. I made it configurable in the event that some provider of Arcus doesn't want to offer it, but agree that it seems like an odd thing to hide. There's a handful of things like this that are artificially limited and easy to provide in Arcus.
  23. Otto Mation

That is something that we argued for constantly with the original Iris team. It pisses me off to this day that they would not enable this for us. Good to see.
  24. Arcus now supports the Aeotec MultiSensor 6, bringing a few new features to the platform: UV Index Illuminance (in lumens) This is available to view in the web app today. Going forward, new rules will become available to make use of this information.
  25. AndrewX192

Battery percentages can now easily be enabled by an Arcus operator through a configuration option. When enabled it will show exactly as expected:
  26. AndrewX192

Device tamper information available

The IRIS v1 Motion Sensor now supports tamper reporting as well.
  27. AndrewX192

Device tamper information available

Device tamper information is coming to Arcus. For now only the IRIS v1 Contact Sensor reports tamper status, but other devices will gain support soon as well. You can see the last time a device was tampered with in the device details pane: Or see a history of device tamper events in the device/place history:
  28. AndrewX192

Ecolink Firefighter compatible?

Old thread, but these are supported in Arcus Platform now. I've only tested the Smoke alarm portion, but following the spec it should support CO alarms as well. I'm using one to bring my hardwired interconnected Smoke Alarm into Arcus and it trips the Arcus safety alarm during a smoke alarm self-test.
  1. Load more activity