All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Contact sensors falling off

This is frustrating that Iris does this. I have had people with Scout and Abode systems and they never had this happen only when internet and power is out for 3-4 days.
  3. Notifications Not Working

Accessdenied, Expect this to happen often. My first 7 days with the system was extremely horrible with notifications. It has lessened since then but at least 3-4 days out of the week a notification won’t work. It’s better than 2 times a day, but just expect it. I stop talking to support about it even when they call me and email me because they just want to put tabs that they have TRIED to contact me about it instead of completely fixing the issue.
  4. Yesterday
  5. Iris update causes the Gillion's portal to fail

I never had a live feed from the portal. All I ever saw when selecting each camera was a screen shot.
  6. Iris update causes the Gillion's portal to fail

Because I use Blue Iris to monitor my cameras I hadn't noticed this, but you're absolutely right the video feed is not working in the portal.
  7. Iris update causes the Gillion's portal to fail

My cameras are not working with portal but they are on the iPhone App?
  8. Last week
  9. Batteries Depleting Rapidly

Duracell. These last “low” ones I am going to let go until they are completely dead since that glass break has been at 1% for two months.
  10. Batteries Depleting Rapidly

What brand of batteries are you using?
  11. Batteries Depleting Rapidly

I would write it off to that if it weren’t some devices that I replaced the batteries less than two weeks ago, are “dying” again. On the same note, I had a glass break say low also and it has been sitting at 1% for over two months now. Maybe something is off with the algorithm for battery levels. 🤷‍♂️
  12. Batteries Depleting Rapidly

Maybe it's just coincidence. I have over 30 devices hovering in the 65 - 75% range that I expect will have to have their batteries changed at about the same time.
  13. Batteries Depleting Rapidly

None of my devices appear to be doing that. V1 sensors. V2 keypads. Home hovering around 60 - 71F daily.
  14. Batteries Depleting Rapidly

And another one today 🤦‍♂️ Your Back Door's battery level at Home is low. Change your batteries as soon as possible.
  15. Batteries Depleting Rapidly

I really haven't noticed, but I have so many devices it's difficult to track. I do know that the two keypads I changed a few weeks ago are still at 100%
  16. Is there a way to change the colors of light bulbs or switches simultaneously rather than having to select each strip or bulb? I know it can be done using Alexa. Can the Iris app be set to do it? Thanks!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. Smart + 3 LED Flex Light Strip

Thank you! Works perfect! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. Batteries Depleting Rapidly

Anyone seeing their devices chewing though batteries at a quicker rate? Seems when the contact sensor dropping off problem started I noticed batteries going dead in several devices also. One of them was the keypad in the kitchen. So these batteries are only a week or two old and I got this, this AM “Your Keypad - Kitchen's battery level at Home is low. Change your batteries as soon as possible.” I looked yesterday and the battery was 60% which was surprising since I just replaced the batteries and now it’s dead? I have several other devices that report below 50% that I don’t think should be.
  19. New iOS app 2.9.2

Yes, one thing I noticed they fixed was the live view of a camera that was recording. It would just sit there and try to load but never do anything, seems they fixed that. I saw a list on the official site I believe of the changes, there were a few more.
  20. New iOS app 2.9.2

Yeah, with the same list of improvements as the last version. I've not seen a difference since updating. Anyone noticed a change?
  21. Don't Throw Away Your Old Devices

V1 iris devices do not currently work with any other system. I can't speak for everyone here, but I can imagine there are many people who just wont entertain the idea of jumping to another system because they have made a heavy investment in V1 devices which currently do not work anywhere else. If my devices are supported this is something I will be watching very closely. I'd love to have another option in the future but wouldn't be interested in switching until I felt like it was a "better" system than iris. Good luck to you!
  22. Smart + 3 LED Flex Light Strip

it should be 5 pin power. Should read +WRGB
  23. Don't Throw Away Your Old Devices

Ebay seems to still have quite a few V1 devices available. I will keep an eye on this thread and see if this goes anywhere, as I still have a number of V1 devices. Most are in storage, as I have switched mostly to Smartthings, but I still use a number of them for turning on some lights in the house.
  24. Smart + 3 LED Flex Light Strip

Thanks a lot Terk, yeah I ended up ordering that one, actually the same one but about $10 cheaper right after I posted. I’m hoping that the strip lights from the kit I have now will work with the new kit because I installed some of the lights already. Does anyone know by chance? Thanks again Terk! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  25. Smart + 3 LED Flex Light Strip

That looks like it is for Apple homekit only, I would think you would need something like
  26. I was looking in the pairing device list in the app and saw Smart + Light Strips. I ordered what I thought was right and now I don’t think they will work. Can someone verify this please? Thank you! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  27. Don't Throw Away Your Old Devices

We haven’t yet come up with a commercial deal, but it seems reasonable to work with an initial group of AlertMe users without charging them, and to continue on that basis with their upgrades. We’re following the same approach with UK AlertMe users, because the AlertMe servers were taken offline at the end of last year. As we have standardised the device interfaces, we really don’t care which devices we use for developing and testing the software, so AlertMe is as good as any. If we can also enable people to add more modern devices to these older systems, that’s fine by us. At some stage, we will need to start charging newer users. I personally favour software purchase, and charge for significant upgrades. Right now, we need to get hold of some of the older AlertMe / Iris devices from the USA. Once we have proved that we can handle them, we can move on to the next stage of getting the software into the hands of AlertMe users.
  28. Don't Throw Away Your Old Devices

There are plenty of us with first gen Alert Me made devices. All of my window/door switches are and a few of my motion sensors are. I have been contemplating making a jump to ST but none of those devices are currently working on that platform. I can't speak for everyone; but I think if you could get first gen devices to work and work out a way for the system to call you for an alarm you will gain a lot of interest. My buddy is on ST and I get sad whenever he buys a new device that will likely never work on Iris. If you could open that up I would certainly be interested. But the question is what is in it for you? Are you looking to do a subscription service? Do we purchase the software for the hub?
  1. Load more activity