All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Iris 2.5?

This is the reason I stopped paying for the service. The people behind the platform are just not pros at communicating issues, etc.. when there is a known issue like this it causes people to think there is something wrong like the batteries are going out, etc.. none of my devices report the proper battery levels anymore so I am in the dark with this system.. when there is a known issue, they should have a notice that you see when you sign into the app... This system is still ridiculous and I just cannot rely on it for real security or for protection.. just too many loose ends.
  3. Today
  4. Old house

I'm not an electrician, but if it was my house I would just use the ground wire for the neutral since they are generally connected together at the service panel anyway. Typically the neutral is the normal or return wire while the ground is a safety protection from fault conditions, but if you don't have a true earth ground what's the difference?
  5. Old house

Actually, some of the dinners require a neutral as well. My house was built in 1929 so I feel your pain. I now have a combination of the old dimmer with no neutral and smart bulbs... I also use several plug in modules as well....
  6. Door Chime Noise Changed?

It was changed with the latest upgrade and unfortunately, there is no way for you to change it back. The development team is supposedly working to get this changed.
  7. A few days ago the door 'chime' sound changed. It's back to that awful buzzer noise like when somebody gets an answer wrong on a game show!! Any idea why it changed, or how I can change it back?
  8. Old house

I am new to the forum and to iris. Purchased over the weekend and got home to start install and realized the house has no neutral wires. House was built in 1947. All rooms have ceiling fans with one switch. Living room has ceiling fan with no switch at all. Just pull cords. Kitchen has Florence and living room fan that was mentioned above has led. The rest of the house has old school bulbs. If this was your situation how would you go about getting everything hooked up and going? Would you do ge dimmers that don't require neutral wires? Any help would be appreciated. Was really excited to start this project. Now just blah.....
  9. Iris 2.5?

A Tier 1 CSR said that they are aware of the issue and that programmers are working to fix it. Hope he's right because that buzz is REALLY annoying.
  10. Power Outage Notifications

Now if only they would add this for the hub going offline or at least the option to be notified.
  11. Power Outage Notifications

Zwave continues to have issues.
  12. Yesterday
  13. Power Outage Notifications

Me neither. It was just these two out of all the ones that I have. Actually the two in the garage wouldn’t unpair either (outside across yard) so I brought them in and basically “plugged” them in and unpaired them. Odd that they can be controlled but not unpaired from remote locations. I will have to remove everything from my system since I am moving so it will just be easier to start over. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Power Outage Notifications

That makes sense now. I've just never had to do that with a z-wave switch.
  15. Iris 2.5?

I noticed the same "raspberry" buzz on my first generation keypads starting this morning. The one second generation keypad that I have and the hub are generating the normal sounds. I tried performing a hub reboot, but no change. Is it to be assumed that this an intentional change? If so, I think I will disable keypad sounds ( I think this is selectable). Hearing the buzz every time we open a door or window is very annoying.
  16. Power Outage Notifications

To take the hub within 10 feet of the switches. It didn’t work where it was across the house when I tried to un-pair them, and I wasn’t going to do a force remove and leave the switches thinking they were paired. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. Power Outage Notifications

I'm not questioning why you are removing and re-pairing the switch, just wondering why you need to unplug your hub to complete this process.
  18. Power Outage Notifications

All the way in the back of the house in metal boxes, in a tile bathroom. The iris system would turn them off and on but wouldn’t update the status on them for several minutes. I tried zwave repair on them several times but it wasn’t bouncing off the 4 smart plugs in that room for some reason. The bedroom switch worked just fine in the adjoining room. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. Power Outage Notifications

Reverse psychology.
  20. Power Outage Notifications

That is new, but I have to wonder why you would need to unplug your hub to un-pair any device?
  21. Alarm arming Sound

Why now all of the sudden is my alarm beeping the entire time it is arming. I have this turned off. I turned it on then back off just to make sure...and yet it still does it. DID THEY break something again or am I just special? (BTW, still waiting on local processing). Update, while toggling the no sound while arming option didn't work before I removed the keypads and re-added ....it did in fact work after I removed and re-added them. So fixed! But why did this occur? Forever to remain a mystery. Not cool though when leaving in the AM when the family still asleep.
  22. Iris 2.5?

My hub firmware updated today and I noticed the annoying buzzing sounds are back on the keypads.... I thought it was clear to Iris pretty much everyone preferred the chimes? Oh well if its a update and that's the only thing I have to complain about I guess thats actually pretty good compared to some. I am however still waiting for my offline processing.
  23. Power Outage Notifications

Nice!
  24. Power Outage Notifications

This is new. I unplugged my hub to unpair some switches and this came up... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  25. Last week
  26. Iris 2.5?

I don't either on neither platforms. iOS Iris vs Blue Iris camera field of view.
  27. Iris 2.5?

I don't. I did not see a single request for Phillip Hue support on their Feature suggestion page but that looks like what they worked on. How about just one V1 item back. Filter reset, Run a scene on Motion, Fix the scheduling of the Hose timers, something.
  28. Iris 2.5?

iOS.
  29. Iris 2.5?

Are you on Android or iOS?
  1. Load more activity