All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Yesterday
  3. Last week
  4. Spott5000

Do You Miss Iris ?

I definitely miss Iris. I switched to Hubitat, and while I've gotten it to do what I need it to do, it's been a complete bear to figure out. If I had ANY trouble with Iris, I could call them and someone who spoke good English was on the other end of the phone and always solved whatever issue I had. The user interface was great and the devices just worked. I found Iris to be bulettproof- I used it on both mine and my dad's house and could monitor both remotely with ease. If any Iris employees see this- you rocked.
  5. Terk

Do You Miss Iris ?

Yeah ST had the device health (red dot) and it worked pretty well the last few months, it took them at least 8 months to get it working right which is understandable since they integrate with about the same number of devices as Hubitat.
  6. Wlepse

Do You Miss Iris ?

Maybe I will try the Life 360 on her phone. Both phones are android but for whatever reason mine always seems to work. The battery thing is a real PITA for water sensors. The Leaksmart sensors don't report properly and when they do drop off it triggers the shutoff valve and the siren. I really need to find another audible alert that isn't so intrusive since this always seems to happen at like 2am. I will have to check out the Device Monitor...that sounds interesting. One thing I really liked about Iris and I believe ST has it to was a simple red dot to indicate a device had dropped off. It made finding out which devices had issues much simpler.
  7. Terk

Do You Miss Iris ?

We use both the Hubitat app and Life 360 integration for our presence detection. We use the Combined Presence app to make a virtual out of the two so if one doesn't see us arrive but the other does it still disarms. The only problem is if one doesn't see us leave and the other does it doesn't arm. Lately they both have been very reliable but I'm on the iOS beta on my XS and my wife's on the Prod app on her 6s. Battery monitoring has been hit and miss with any of the home automation systems I've used including Iris, most of the issue there is the devices tend to put themselves to sleep to conserve battery so don't report unless something changes to wake the device up. I did find Iris's device health to be much more reliable and easier use than any of the others but I think that was because they supported so few devices they knew what info to look for on each to identify health. I've been using Device Monitor which was ported from ST I think, you have to add devices that check in frequently (devices that report temperature tend to work fairly well, although I have a few devices that only want to report temperature for a few days then quit and I haven't figured them out yet) though if you add a garage door controller but go on vacation for a week so it never opens/closes than it likely won't check-in at all so will show offline.
  8. Terk

Do You Miss Iris ?

Did you publish the app after saving it? If not click on the app in the IDE then "Publish" and "For Me". As long as the Smart App show Published for the Status in the IDE it should show up in the list of My Apps. Make sure in the IDE you only have one Location under My Locations, it's possible you have two (there was an issue a while back where ST would create a second location on its own which was confusing people) and your adding the app to the one your app doesn't use.
  9. Wlepse

Do You Miss Iris ?

I definitely miss Iris. I moved to hubitat and while it has way more capability than Iris it often seems glitchy. Sometimes auto arming and disarming doesn't work and I can never quite figure out why. Iris was primarily a security system for me and it worked perfect, half the time I can't get Hubitat to arm when it should leaving the home unprotected. Just last night my wife complained when she got up to walk the dog in the morning the alarm was still on. When she tried to disarm through the keypad it took several times to actually get teh system disarmed. Turned out I have the system set to only disarm at 6am when her phone is home. But for some reason the presence on her phone only works for a few days before it has to be reset by opening the app and going to look at the geofencing map. Just frustrating. Looking into this last night I found several devices that have not been connected for a few days...no warnings about low batteries even though they are set to do so. Also found one V1 outlet that wasn't connected and won't repair to the system. I know Iris was unstable for a while but near the end was rock solid...I hope I get there with Hubitat.
  10. sparc

Do You Miss Iris ?

OK, that is a different path than I tried originally ( Automation -> Smart Apps -> Add a SmartApp -> My Apps ) When I try Marketplace -> SmartApps -> MyApps it is a blank page, no apps listed. So my error must be back when I created the app.
  11. Terminal

Do You Miss Iris ?

If you are adding the smart app the first time you need to go to the marketplace and add it from your apps. Martketplace > smartapps> my apps(at the bottom) It will then be in the automations.
  12. renegad

Eco Automation Multi-sensor compatability

Which driver should be used for the ST “Smart Outlet” Model number: F-OUT-US-2? It pairs as a “device” by default. I’m assuming “generic zigbee outlet” is probably the best choice? Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher
  13. renegad

Contact Sensors Dropping and others

I just had this same issue. Based on everyone’s experience here, removing the battery and re-adding the sensor fixes this issue? I am traveling so I will need to do this when I get back home . Tutuapp 9apps Showbox
  14. sparc

Do You Miss Iris ?

Ok, then I must have done something wrong somewhere. Have to retrace my steps.
  15. Earlier
  16. Otto Mation

Do You Miss Iris ?

It does work with the Classic App. I don't know if it works with the new app. Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
  17. sparc

Do You Miss Iris ?

yes, does it not work with the old app? I have both installed on my phone but usually use the older (classic) app.
  18. Otto Mation

Do You Miss Iris ?

You are using the Classic app?
  19. sparc

Do You Miss Iris ?

Ok, I got the code and created the SmartApp and published to My Apps. But when I go to Automation -> Smart Apps -> Add a SmartApp -> My Apps on my phone it's not there.
  20. scunny

Do You Miss Iris ?

No V2 stuff.
  21. ZBMAN

Do You Miss Iris ?

I like Ring alarm much better than Iris. Cellular backup and battery backup built in. The locks are way more responsive and can be used to arm and disarm. The things lacking are scheduling and geofencing. ST for automation is ok. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  22. Terk

Do You Miss Iris ?

Do you have any of the v2 keypads and smart plugs? I'd be interested in a few of each if you did. Thanks.
  23. scunny

Do You Miss Iris ?

I have a bunch of all of the above if anyone needs any.
  24. AndrewX192

Do You Miss Iris ?

I don't miss Iris much because everything I need is in Arcus! Do wish they were still producing newer keypads, motion sensors, and contact sensors, since IRIS had some pretty good offerings in that space.
  25. Vettester

Do You Miss Iris ?

Not missing Iris at all. Hubitat has a lot more functionality and local processing, Combined with Homekit I have everything I need within a single UI.
  26. scunny

Do You Miss Iris ?

That Otto is one smart a*s I mean cookie.
  27. Otto Mation

Do You Miss Iris ?

krlaframboise/SmartThings/blob/master/smartapps/krlaframboise/simple-device-viewer.src/simple-device-viewer.groovy
  28. sparc

Do You Miss Iris ?

Oh thanks for that Otto. Yes, I miss everyone here too. I think Simple Device Viewer will go a long way to filling the gap. Thanks again. One question though, where the heck do you d/l the app from? I don't see anything at that link you provided that directs me anywhere to d/l or install the app.
  29. Otto Mation

Do You Miss Iris ?

I don't miss Iris as much as I miss the interaction that I had with you guys on this forum. Kind of like an extended dysfunctional family. I also went with Smartthings and found that it does most everything that I used to beg the Iris developers to give us. Having lost John's portal was difficult but I found a pretty reasonable substitute. Simple Device Viewer. It gives me all of the info that I need about my system on a PC and on my phone and you can turn switches on and off. If you miss the portal, check this out, it is very customizable. https://community.smartthings.com/t/release-simple-device-viewer/42481
  1. Load more activity