All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Last week
  3. scunny

Nest Gen 3 stainless SOLD

You will like it. SmartThings and Alexa integration is flawless. The new sensor is also much improved. Check out beestat.io
  4. Terminal

Nest Gen 3 stainless SOLD

Decided to switch to the Ecobee. It was a prime day special for $199.00. So I guess I will have a Nest available for sale soon.
  5. Earlier
  6. Isenberg

"Works with Ring"

I actually have my sirens installed as binary switches.... I can turn them on and off... nothing else yet... even to be able to enable a “routine” that turns them on during an alarm would work. I also have my utility have glass break sensors installed. It shows the sensor as a sensor but I called ring and because they are not “certified”, they will give a notification but will not work with the alarm service.
  7. AndrewX192

Arcus Smart Home

Yes, Arcus appears to have all the same code from Iris around petdoors, but I don't have one to tinker with. Your options are 1) port petdoor driver to your platform of choice 2) use Arcus (only if you are very technical) 3) find someone else to run Arcus for you. AFAIK, I'm still the only one running Arcus in production since Iris shut down on March 31st, so your option is likely on #1.
  8. BohemePDX

Arcus Smart Home

I have the Iris Petsmart dog door via the Iris app I was able to lock/unlock the dog door remotely. It was a great way to control how much time my dogs spent outside (barking/digging) but get them outside if I was running late. I relied on this door once my job changed and I couldn't come home at lunch anymore. Is there a new open source app one can use to control the products through the Iris hub?
  9. ZBMAN

Arm Ring with Simple Commands app

Schedule and geofence Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. For anyone that went with Ring , this app has the ability to arm and disarm. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. scunny

Hello and welcome to the forum.

You've come to the right place baby. The major update we can offer is Iris is history much like people who join the forum only to find themselves banned as spammers.
  12. Terk

Six weeks with Hubitat

Nice, I didn’t think to look there, I tried to add a widget and was surprised not to be able to find one to add. The control center provides what I was looking for in a widget. Thanks
  13. Vettester

Six weeks with Hubitat

You can also quickly access your first 9 favorites and scenes through Apple's Control Center and Homekit adds additional automation functionality. Win win for WAF!
  14. Terk

Six weeks with Hubitat

I agree, this is the kind of app I wish they had come with. I think they have a great product and team, and if they could get the dashboards to rotate and scale proportionately I'd be happy with the dashboards most of the time. I do like the way the Home app rotates and keeps the icons arranged based on the ID your signed into so you only have to set it up on one device and it will look similar on all devices. I was concerned it would add latency but I click a light and it instantly turns on. I also like the ability to tell Siri to close the garage door and she does with the phone locked but if you tell her to open it she requires you to unlock the phone first for security, and the remote capabilities are nice, I don't have to VPN in before I can check on things.
  15. Vettester

Six weeks with Hubitat

You're welcome, I'm glad you got it working. I think you're going to like it. In my opinion it's a much better interface than the Hubitat dashboard app.
  16. Terk

Six weeks with Hubitat

I got the temperatures excluded from my outside doors and windows and the contact status excluded from my dedicated temperature sensors. Everything looks great in the Home app now! Thanks!
  17. Terminal

System backup

So the SystronicsRF system has at least one huge, IMO, advantage over my ST system. For some reason the SD card on my system crashed. It would not boot and I was dead in the water. I bought a new SD card installed the a new control system then SystronicsRF was able to put my system back just as it was before it crashed. All my rules and devices came back just as they were. I had to go around to some of my V1 sensors and remove and re-install the battery, which could be a bit of a pain on a large system but beats the crap out of starting from scratch.
  18. Terk

Six weeks with Hubitat

Oh, ok I kept trying the Hubitat Device Network ID and even the signee ID. Thanks.
  19. AndrewX192

GE/Jasco Have Some New Wall Switches Coming Out

Looks like these still require the GE/Jasco addon switches. Anyone using the Zooz ZEN26/ZEN27 which appear to only require a single switch to be replaced in a three-way?
  20. Same here. I'm not going back and retro-fitting now.
  21. Vettester

Six weeks with Hubitat

Excluding the temperature for your contact sensors should be fairly simple. First within the home app open the device you want to exclude and go into settings. Scroll down to the bottom of the settings and you'll see a device serial number. Add this device number to the "excluded_attributes" section of your config.json file of the homebridge instance that contains the device along with the attribute you want to exclude. From the example above your config.json file should look something like this: { "bridge": { "name": "Homebridge@2", "username": "AB:22:3D:E2:CE:32", "port": 51827, "pin": "033-44-255" }, "accessories": [], "platforms": [ { "name": "Config", "port": 8081, "auth": "form", "theme": "teal", "temp": "/sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp", "tempUnits": "f", "sudo": true, "standalone": true, "restart": "sudo -n systemctl restart homebridge@2", "log": { "method": "systemd", "service": "homebridge@2" }, "platform": "config" }, { "platform": "Hubitat-MakerAPI", "name": "HomeBridge2", "app_url": "http://192.168.86.25/apps/api/234/", "access_token": "9c2198be-89e6-48b2-ab21-7cfd725e7dde", "polling_seconds": 300, "temperature_unit": "F", "mode_switches": false, "hsm": false, "excluded_capabilities": {}, "excluded_attributes": { "456": [ "temperature" ] } } ] } Save the file then restart the homebridge instance and the temperature button for that device should be removed.
  22. Terk

Six weeks with Hubitat

Turning off the HSM and Modes for one of the instances was easy, I couldn't figure out how to turn off the temperature items for each zigbee window and door sensor though, maybe I have to put in the exception than uncheck the object save and add it back in? I may have to try that later, for now I'm still trying to get it setup how I want it. Thanks for all the tips!.
  23. Vettester

Six weeks with Hubitat

You can disable the HSM and Modes in your second instance by modifying the config.json file. Under the Hubitat-MakerAPI Platform section modify the following lines from true to false: "mode_switches": false, "hsm": false, Just keep in mind that you need to restart homebridge whenever you modify the cong.json file before the changes will take affect. You can also hide the temperature attributes by device. You just need to add the device id and the attribute you want to exclude to the "excluded_attributes" section of your config.json file. Here's one of my config.json files as an example: { "bridge": { "name": "Homebridge@1", "username": "AB:22:3D:E2:CE:31", "port": 51826, "pin": "033-44-254" }, "accessories": [], "platforms": [ { "name": "Config", "port": 8080, "auth": "form", "theme": "purple", "temp": "/sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp", "tempUnits": "f", "sudo": true, "standalone": true, "restart": "sudo -n systemctl restart homebridge@1", "log": { "method": "systemd", "service": "homebridge@1" }, "platform": "config" }, { "platform": "Hubitat-MakerAPI", "name": "HomeBridge1", "app_url": "http://192.168.86.25/apps/api/899/", "access_token": "dd253efa-3be9-468b-80fd-9c7aa8ca14b9", "polling_seconds": 300, "temperature_unit": "F", "mode_switches": true, "hsm": true, "excluded_capabilities": { "169": [ "Switch" ], "706": [ "Switch" ], "707": [ "Switch" ], "708": [ "Switch" ], "709": [ "Switch" ], "710": [ "Switch" ], "711": [ "Switch" ], "712": [ "Switch" ] }, "excluded_attributes": { "33": [ "temperature" ], "34": [ "temperature" ], "37": [ "temperature" ], "38": [ "temperature" ], "39": [ "temperature" ], "40": [ "temperature" ], "42": [ "temperature" ], "43": [ "temperature" ], "45": [ "temperature" ], "46": [ "temperature" ], "47": [ "temperature" ], "50": [ "temperature" ], "55": [ "temperature" ], "57": [ "temperature" ], "59": [ "temperature" ], "61": [ "temperature" ], "62": [ "temperature" ], "67": [ "temperature" ], "69": [ "temperature" ], "72": [ "temperature" ], "76": [ "temperature" ], "77": [ "temperature" ], "78": [ "temperature" ], "79": [ "temperature" ], "86": [ "temperature" ], "87": [ "temperature" ], "105": [ "temperature" ], "106": [ "temperature" ], "141": [ "temperature" ], "142": [ "temperature" ], "143": [ "temperature" ], "144": [ "temperature" ], "149": [ "temperature" ], "150": [ "temperature" ], "151": [ "temperature" ], "169": [ "battery" ], "225": [ "contact" ], "269": [ "contact" ], "360": [ "temperature" ], "376": [ "temperature" ], "377": [ "temperature" ], "450": [ "temperature" ], "451": [ "temperature" ], "452": [ "temperature" ], "453": [ "temperature" ], "454": [ "temperature" ], "456": [ "temperature" ], "457": [ "temperature" ], "756": [ "temperature" ], "770": [ "temperature" ], "771": [ "temperature" ], "772": [ "temperature" ], "773": [ "temperature" ], "775": [ "temperature" ], "776": [ "temperature" ], "777": [ "temperature" ], "961": [ "temperature" ], "1122": [ "temperature" ] } } ] }
  24. Terk

Six weeks with Hubitat

The issue with my first instance was an comma it didn't like after one of the } brackets. I love the web interface, being able to administer it all without even having to RDP in is great and I like the json error checking built into it although I wish it would point you to the issue instead of just saying there is an issue I guess I'll eventually get used to json's syntax and it will be easier to find my mistakes. Did you end up with three sets of HSM and Modes or is there a way to turn them off for an instance?
  25. Terk

Six weeks with Hubitat

Thanks, I had it all setup with the systemd services as well but riginally i thought that web interface was only for monitoring since it wasn't working but it was the json file all along that was the issue. Once I updated that it started up and is working fine at least for my second instance. There is still something preventing my first instance from starting homebride so I'll need to spend more time on that. Thanks for all the help! This interface is really nice so far, I just wish I could choose to hide some of the temperature devices but not all of them.
  26. Vettester

Six weeks with Hubitat

You cannot resize the buttons but you can rename them in the Home app to make them more readable. Just tap on the button and then go into settings and change the name. The button is essentially a link so changing this has no effect on the name of the device in Hubitat. Did you create a separate config.json file for each instance and save it in the correct directory (/var/lib/homebridge@1 and /var/lib/homebridge@2)? All three of my instances of homebridge are configured to start automatically. I did this by creating a systemd service. This is outlined in steps 7 and 8 of the homebridge installation guide. https://gist.github.com/swiss6th/dfb74278d8318d4e66408c992a3216c8
  27. Terk

Six weeks with Hubitat

It took a while there are a lot of moving parts, I`m not really comfortable with Linix and its tools, and I was having a hard time getting the config.json file right with the commas and brackets. I did manage to get it working enough to see commands execute instantly which is awesome and to start playing around with the interface. Can you stretch specific buttons to be able to read them better, like my modes? I set it up for the two directories and homebridge instances however when i run homebridge it was always complaining about a missing json file since it was looking in the /root/.homebridge/ folder instead of /var/lib/homebridge@1 and 2 so I only have 1 instance running from at the moment, not sure what i did wrong there. Also do you have yours starting homebridge automatically on a reboot, if so how did you set that up? Thanks!
  28. Anyone heard from John. He is hard at work on ARCUS I guess.
  1. Load more activity