All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Yesterday
  4. Wlepse

Page load speed?

Very strange...it almost seems like mine is hung up waiting for something to complete before it moves to the next task. The only thing that doesn't correlate is that it actually saw the multiple attempts to disarm yet still sent the command to the siren to go off.
  5. Terk

Page load speed?

We have Nest but not integrated with Hubitat. The only 3rd party apps I have installed right now are BI Control, Combined Presence, and Super Tile, the Drivers are Axis-Gear-V3, Custom WU Driver - New Format, iPhone Wifi Presence Sensor, Lightify Zibee Button, and SuperTile Display Device. We use Life 360 presence sensors rather than physical fobs but SHM has been working great, we haven't had a false alarm since moving from Iris except when I tried to add some motion sensors which our cat triggered almost immediately.
  6. Wlepse

Page load speed?

Yes direct connect on LAN using the IP on my network. And yes, loading the devices page can take quite a while. I was reviewing more threads on Hubitat's forum and it seems like many are suggesting disabling features to see what the issue is starting with 3rd party apps. Out of curiosity, do you have an Ecobee? It seems many of the people in one thread I was reading had one connected. I have had a bunch of weird behavior lately and not quite sure what to make of it. For instance, I set the SHM to arm away when my wife's keyfob leaves for more than 5 minutes. When she returns it is set to disarm immediately and turn on the light in the entry. If she comes on and sees the light isn't on she knows she has to disable the alarm. She can use the button on the keyfob or the keypad. The other day when we came home the light was on, the keypad was beeping (which apparently doesn't mean much) so I hit the button on the fob. It kept beeping but it seems the beeping doesn't always correlate to entry warning being active. Shortly after that the alarm went off and I tried to enter the code through the keypad. I did this several times but it didn't stop the alarm. Then I tried to load the device but at 10-15 seconds per page load it was getting a bit obnoxious. The only way to shut it off was with the siren device tab. Once off I went to logs and saw that the last 6 entries were to disarm. So I have no idea why this wasn't disarmed and why the siren went off.
  7. Terk

Page load speed?

Are you connecting to your hub via the local IP address rather than the original cloud address they give you to get your hub setup? I'm guessing your talking about the pages like apps, devices, settings, ... that are loading slowly? The pages like settings, Apps, and Devices all load pretty quickly via my local IP (around 2 seconds over my VPN connection since I'm remote at the moment). My 1 cloud dashboard loads fairly quickly ~4 seconds sometimes but often it has issues if I try to refresh it, but my local dashboards load quickly ~2 seconds and refresh just as fast.
  8. Wlepse

Page load speed?

Out of curiosity, about how quickly do you find pages load with Hubitat? My device seems to be running much slower than I see in videos online and lately I have had some hiccups with SHM so I am wondering if there is a bigger problem under the hood. For instance, if I click devices it will sometimes take 10 seconds to load a page, same if I select a device. On the device level I seem to also have some issues with enabling or disabling things in a timely fashion, yet it seems quicker through the dashboards. I have tried rebooting the hub but the timing issues persist. Has anyone seen something similar or know of a fix?
  9. Vettester

I'm thinking I'll switch to SmartThings

I replaced my Iris connected Orbit controller with a B-hyve Smart Timer and wasn't impressed. It wasn't watering according to the scheduling in neither the manual or smart watering modes. I took it back and exchanged it for a Rachio. Even though the Rachio was more than twice as much I think it was worth the money. As an added bonus it connects to Hubitat and is EPA certified so I qualified for $124 rebate through my local Water Conservation District.
  10. Last week
  11. sparc

I'm thinking I'll switch to SmartThings

I have the Orbit 6 Zone B-hyve Smart Timer set up. Can't link it to SmartThings but it does have an Alexa skill.
  12. Terminal

Don’t throw away your iris hub!

I don't want anything for it just pay shipping, PM me your address and I can tell you how much it will cost. I will say I have no idea if it works, I got it from another forum member, here is the thread. I never used it, he said it was his free upgrade and he had moved to Wink. So it should be new. It looks new, but I never hooked it up or tried it. It is in the same box he shipped it to me. I paid $13.00 to have it shipped back in 2016. that was from west coast to east coast. My wife can get a discount if she ships from her work, so I can probably get a little better price. But it will probably be about the same now, depending on where you are.
  13. AndrewX192

Hacking the 2.0 Hub.

The hub keys have been posted, and it’s pretty easy to get root on the hub and update it - on the software side we should be able to do a lot - I don’t think there’s any platform level code signing in place
  14. acadiel

Hacking the 2.0 Hub.

Here’s a good internal pic. Some things I’ve noted: S2 looks like a SMT bank for four switches. J6 is likely the serial header. J5 looks almost like an ICSP header, but smaller. There’s a dozen test points around the board.
  15. ryat2016

vera hub goes offline?

Thanks for the detailed response. A few weeks ago before the hub update - (may 6) - hub went down 4:04am, back up within a minute... Umm, that woke me up. The thing is - I don't think my internet went offline. Next morning, may 7 - again! same time!!! Installed the hub software update. Been stable since, until May 17th - 7:26am hub offline - back online. Then again May 18th at the same time!! At least it has been reconnecting. I just wish they wouldn't wake me on false alarms (that aren't my problem but their servers).
  16. AndrewX192

Depends on pricing. The most I typically pay for a hub is $10, and $15 for 3rd gen hubs (although I prefer the second gen). If Arcus sees any kind of adoption, there may be interest in these hubs again, at least until an alternative hub can be developed
  17. Anyone using this and if so what do you think of it. Looks like its a cloud-based service so dependent on an internet connection. Here's a link to the user manual: https://www.intesishome.com/docs/User-Manual-IntesisHome.pdf https://www.intesishome.com/
  18. OhioYJ

Modding my Cable Modem

Well I recently upgraded my internet service at the house, which meant I needed a new modem, and meant an excuse for a new router. It also meant I needed to modify the new modem, because as expected, during a long Steam download my speeds would tend to drop off after a while. I ordered both copper and aluminum heat sinks this time. Ended up using the aluminum since they had taller fins and I was going to have a fan, hoping that would out perform the little extra I would gain from the copper. This time instead of using a double sided tape on the heat sinks, I did use a thermally conductive epoxy as it had twice thermal conductivity of tape. I was also able to get the fan on the side of the modem that had most of the heat sinks, so the fan is blowing down on the board this time. So positive pressure inside the case this time. I know it's not perfect in the looks department, but it's a cheap easy modification, makes the modem run nice and cool, and no more drops in speed. The other one was still going strong as it was. The new router will be next, but it was a priority as it doesn't run near as hot as the modem did.
  19. Terminal

I have a V2 hub I was given. Was keeping it as a spare. I will send it to you for shipping cost. Assuming I can find it. I am pretty sure I know where it is, but I am not home so I can’t verify. Let me know if interested.
  20. The second (and very likely third) generation hubs work with Arcus and are the cheapest way to get started. I’ve heard that some people simply threw their hub away, so if you’re considering doing that think about holding onto it! if anyone has a stack of hubs around, I might be interested in adding to my collection - I have about 7 connected to various Arcus deployments for testing.
  21. Terk

Six weeks with Hubitat

I moved many devices from Iris to SmartThings a few years ago but still had about half the devices on Iris still and when Iris announced the shutdown I started moving things to Hubitat and have since moved everything from SmartThings to Hubitat as well, I still have the SmartThings hub running only to start our Neato vacuums cleaning every few days only after we leave. I'm hoping someone will port that app/driver pair from SmartThings at some point. My wife never even noticed either change from Iris to SmartThings or to Hubitat since she controls thing via Alexa or they are automated via buttons, switches, or motion, The only thing I still wish was better on Hubitat was the dashboard interface is difficult to setup one interface that will work well on all of my devices where the SmartThings app and even the Iris app for a while (although they broke iPads later) displayed great on my iphone, iPad, and Android tablet. My Blue Iris server started acting up about the time I started moving to Hubitat so it took a while working with Ken to figure how to fix it. The issue was I had one of the check boxes marked for Until triggered in the profile screen which caused it to try to change to scheduling once motion was detected so I was never being alerted. I unchecked those boxes and changed the time on the profiles to 0 which Ken said makes it stay until manually changed, now my Hubitat changes the BI profiles based on the Hubitat Modes so when we leave the house more alerting happens and at night as well, all controlled by Hubitat. I had this working with SmartThings for the last year and hadn't changed anything on the profile page in a long time so still curious as to what changed other than I had updated the BI server around that time too. I now understand what the until triggered check box is for but am a little surprised they where honored since the schedule was disabled on the BI server and cameras.
  22. Vettester

Six weeks with Hubitat

I moved over to Hubitat at about same time and my system has grown to over 250 devices utilizing two hubs. There is a significant improvement in functionality with Hubitat vs Iris. In my opinion Lowe's did the majority of us a favor by shutting down Iris. The only complaint I have is with Hubitat's dashboards. The display format isn't compatible with my Gen 1 iPad and they don't display full screen very well. Sharptools resolves this but since it's cloud based it is laggy at times. The only thing I wasn't able to move over was my Orbit 12 station sprinkler controller, but I replaced it with a Rachio controller and couldn't be happier. I've been using Blue Iris for a few years now and it is an awesome program and the fact that it integrates into Hubitat is a plus. I'm looking forward to the new version 5 that is scheduled to be released in a few weeks.
  23. Princeau99

Six weeks with Hubitat

I am also very happy with Hubitat. I chose Ring for my alarm not wanting to keep everything with one solution (Thanks again Iris) Since Ring now works with Alexa I can even link the Ring door sensors to Hubitat (using virtual devices) Reading the community posts you may be in for a little work to get the Schlage door lock to work, but there is Lots of support. Like you said "Pretty good so far."
  24. Nanker Phelge

Six weeks with Hubitat

I moved my Isis system over to Hubitat and I am very happy so far. All good with my V1 contact sensors, Utilitech Siren, and Orbit hose timer. My wife is ok with the HSM and using the link to Hubitat from her phone. I went with new cameras and I am using Blue Iris for the cameras and I am very happy with them. My 3210-L plugs work fine and I haven't had the time to setup them as a zwave repeater yet and I haven't connected my Schlage door lock yet as I haven't had the time. Pretty good so far.
  25. Terminal

Nest Gen 3 stainless SOLD

https://9to5mac.com/2019/05/09/new-ecobee-4-premium-design-more/ Someone pointed to this article over at the smartthings forum.
  26. scunny

Can you point me in the direction of the 4+? Couldn't find anything.
  27. Terminal

Sounds like I may not have to switch. I am going to wait and see what happens. I really don't need all that much from a thermostat. As long as it will follow my schedule and I can set the temp with voice commands with Alexa I'm good. II also need to be able to access remotely. If that requires google assistant , then I will switch. According to this blog, maybe the basic functionality I use will still work. So I will wait and see, also the Ecobee 4+ is about to drop I hear. So when Aug 31 rolls around if it turns out they have taken away any of my must have integrations, unless I switch to google assistant, I will see about an Ecobee 4+
  28. pavalov

Gen 1 device limit?

The SystronicsRF system natively breaks them out into Gen1 ZigBee, Gen2 ZigBee, and Z-wave coming next. This is my Gen 1 mesh graphically. It is a great improvement over what we had before because it uses device names rather than numbers as ID's, but I find their nested lists more useful. Using the mesh does allow you to mouse-over the devices and see the specific connection highlighted:
  1. Load more activity