All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Yesterday
  3. scunny

Door Chimes

Not sure about the royalty free ringtones but on the Alexa Announcement create a virtual simulated Alexa switch. Build a rule to turn the switch on when the button is pressed and build the announcement routine to fire when the switch is turned on. I would add a power allowance or some other means to turn the virtual switch back off so it's ready the next time around.
  4. sparc

Door Chimes

Was trying to set up an Alexa announcement when a Aeron Smart Button connected to SmartThings is pushed, but it seems that Alexa only recognizes contact and motion sensors and not buttons, UNLESS its an Alexa button. Also, is it possible to play royalty free sound bites or ringtones through an Alexa device (Echo, Show, Dot, etc.) if you have those files stored in the cloud somewhere?
  5. sparc

I'm thinking I'll switch to SmartThings

I believe all that is available in the Orbit APP as well as on the web interface, except maybe the motion sensed activation, which would be a nice touch for dogs that happen to wander into the yard. But I don't have motion sensors placed to support that.
  6. Vettester

Rachio has a separate app which provides options for smart watering based on your local weather conditions. I think you could leave all the watering intelligence up to Rachio and not even interface it into into your home automation. However, if you want to setup your sprinkler zones to come on based on motion the capability is there. Apple's Homekit provides a simplified interface for manual watering
  7. daxxoneagan

Door Chimes

I wish I had know about this capability with Alexa sooner I would have bought another V2 button or tried to get the one I have working. Onlinesbi TutuApp aadhar card
  8. daxxoneagan

Smart plugs that work across most platforms?

I don't care that my IRIS stuff works or won't work there. I suspect my Utiletech water sensors will (Zwave). Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire
  9. Last week
  10. pavalov

SystronicsRF has added support for the following Orbit Sprinklers : - Orbit 12 Station Irrigation Timer (WT15ZB-12) - Orbit Hose Water Timer (HT8-ZB)
  11. Wlepse

Page load speed?

Txs.. I did try removing the app and it seemed better but the recent update seems to have made more of a difference. But that was with a fresh reboot of the hub so I don't know if that is just an artificial improvement.
  12. OhioYJ

Modding my Cable Modem

Did get my new router modified as well: The majority of the heat comes from the right side, so that's where the fan is:
  13. Vettester

Six weeks with Hubitat

Using Homebridge installed on a raspberry pi I am able to connect Hubitat to Apple's HomeKit. Now I can use the Apple Home app to control my Hubitat connected devices. The WAF just went up significantly.
  14. Terk

Page load speed?

It looks like the developer of the Ecobee suite has heard about this issue: https://community.hubitat.com/t/arrrgggh-here-be-zombies/15998
  15. Wlepse

Page load speed?

Very strange...it almost seems like mine is hung up waiting for something to complete before it moves to the next task. The only thing that doesn't correlate is that it actually saw the multiple attempts to disarm yet still sent the command to the siren to go off.
  16. Terk

Page load speed?

We have Nest but not integrated with Hubitat. The only 3rd party apps I have installed right now are BI Control, Combined Presence, and Super Tile, the Drivers are Axis-Gear-V3, Custom WU Driver - New Format, iPhone Wifi Presence Sensor, Lightify Zibee Button, and SuperTile Display Device. We use Life 360 presence sensors rather than physical fobs but SHM has been working great, we haven't had a false alarm since moving from Iris except when I tried to add some motion sensors which our cat triggered almost immediately.
  17. Wlepse

Page load speed?

Yes direct connect on LAN using the IP on my network. And yes, loading the devices page can take quite a while. I was reviewing more threads on Hubitat's forum and it seems like many are suggesting disabling features to see what the issue is starting with 3rd party apps. Out of curiosity, do you have an Ecobee? It seems many of the people in one thread I was reading had one connected. I have had a bunch of weird behavior lately and not quite sure what to make of it. For instance, I set the SHM to arm away when my wife's keyfob leaves for more than 5 minutes. When she returns it is set to disarm immediately and turn on the light in the entry. If she comes on and sees the light isn't on she knows she has to disable the alarm. She can use the button on the keyfob or the keypad. The other day when we came home the light was on, the keypad was beeping (which apparently doesn't mean much) so I hit the button on the fob. It kept beeping but it seems the beeping doesn't always correlate to entry warning being active. Shortly after that the alarm went off and I tried to enter the code through the keypad. I did this several times but it didn't stop the alarm. Then I tried to load the device but at 10-15 seconds per page load it was getting a bit obnoxious. The only way to shut it off was with the siren device tab. Once off I went to logs and saw that the last 6 entries were to disarm. So I have no idea why this wasn't disarmed and why the siren went off.
  18. Terk

Page load speed?

Are you connecting to your hub via the local IP address rather than the original cloud address they give you to get your hub setup? I'm guessing your talking about the pages like apps, devices, settings, ... that are loading slowly? The pages like settings, Apps, and Devices all load pretty quickly via my local IP (around 2 seconds over my VPN connection since I'm remote at the moment). My 1 cloud dashboard loads fairly quickly ~4 seconds sometimes but often it has issues if I try to refresh it, but my local dashboards load quickly ~2 seconds and refresh just as fast.
  19. Wlepse

Page load speed?

Out of curiosity, about how quickly do you find pages load with Hubitat? My device seems to be running much slower than I see in videos online and lately I have had some hiccups with SHM so I am wondering if there is a bigger problem under the hood. For instance, if I click devices it will sometimes take 10 seconds to load a page, same if I select a device. On the device level I seem to also have some issues with enabling or disabling things in a timely fashion, yet it seems quicker through the dashboards. I have tried rebooting the hub but the timing issues persist. Has anyone seen something similar or know of a fix?
  20. Earlier
  21. Vettester

I replaced my Iris connected Orbit controller with a B-hyve Smart Timer and wasn't impressed. It wasn't watering according to the scheduling in neither the manual or smart watering modes. I took it back and exchanged it for a Rachio. Even though the Rachio was more than twice as much I think it was worth the money. As an added bonus it connects to Hubitat and is EPA certified so I qualified for $124 rebate through my local Water Conservation District.
  22. sparc

I have the Orbit 6 Zone B-hyve Smart Timer set up. Can't link it to SmartThings but it does have an Alexa skill.
  23. Terminal

Don’t throw away your iris hub!

I don't want anything for it just pay shipping, PM me your address and I can tell you how much it will cost. I will say I have no idea if it works, I got it from another forum member, here is the thread. I never used it, he said it was his free upgrade and he had moved to Wink. So it should be new. It looks new, but I never hooked it up or tried it. It is in the same box he shipped it to me. I paid $13.00 to have it shipped back in 2016. that was from west coast to east coast. My wife can get a discount if she ships from her work, so I can probably get a little better price. But it will probably be about the same now, depending on where you are.
  24. AndrewX192

Hacking the 2.0 Hub.

The hub keys have been posted, and it’s pretty easy to get root on the hub and update it - on the software side we should be able to do a lot - I don’t think there’s any platform level code signing in place
  25. acadiel

Hacking the 2.0 Hub.

Here’s a good internal pic. Some things I’ve noted: S2 looks like a SMT bank for four switches. J6 is likely the serial header. J5 looks almost like an ICSP header, but smaller. There’s a dozen test points around the board.
  26. ryat2016

vera hub goes offline?

Thanks for the detailed response. A few weeks ago before the hub update - (may 6) - hub went down 4:04am, back up within a minute... Umm, that woke me up. The thing is - I don't think my internet went offline. Next morning, may 7 - again! same time!!! Installed the hub software update. Been stable since, until May 17th - 7:26am hub offline - back online. Then again May 18th at the same time!! At least it has been reconnecting. I just wish they wouldn't wake me on false alarms (that aren't my problem but their servers).
  27. AndrewX192

Don’t throw away your iris hub!

Depends on pricing. The most I typically pay for a hub is $10, and $15 for 3rd gen hubs (although I prefer the second gen). If Arcus sees any kind of adoption, there may be interest in these hubs again, at least until an alternative hub can be developed
  28. Anyone using this and if so what do you think of it. Looks like its a cloud-based service so dependent on an internet connection. Here's a link to the user manual: https://www.intesishome.com/docs/User-Manual-IntesisHome.pdf https://www.intesishome.com/
  29. OhioYJ

Modding my Cable Modem

Well I recently upgraded my internet service at the house, which meant I needed a new modem, and meant an excuse for a new router. It also meant I needed to modify the new modem, because as expected, during a long Steam download my speeds would tend to drop off after a while. I ordered both copper and aluminum heat sinks this time. Ended up using the aluminum since they had taller fins and I was going to have a fan, hoping that would out perform the little extra I would gain from the copper. This time instead of using a double sided tape on the heat sinks, I did use a thermally conductive epoxy as it had twice thermal conductivity of tape. I was also able to get the fan on the side of the modem that had most of the heat sinks, so the fan is blowing down on the board this time. So positive pressure inside the case this time. I know it's not perfect in the looks department, but it's a cheap easy modification, makes the modem run nice and cool, and no more drops in speed. The other one was still going strong as it was. The new router will be next, but it was a priority as it doesn't run near as hot as the modem did.
  1. Load more activity