Well, I cancelled my Iris service today as I was tired of the bugs, inability to support, and removed features. I'd like to leverage the investment in devices I already have, so is there a good alternative hub that will support the products I already have?
This is what I have now:
Radio Brand Thermostat
Iris Security Camera
Iris branded door/window sensors
Iris branded range extender
Garage Door Controller (GD-00Z-1)
Iris branded Keypad
Iris branded Outlet
Between these devices they are using the Zigbee, Z-Wave and IP connectivity. What recommendations are out there for alternative hubs/control software?
Just for the curious folk out here, here were the issues that drove me to cancel:
- Alarm doesn't trigger when sensor is triggered (Fixed by re-pairing with hub)
- Thermostat can not be set to auto mode unless manually selected on thermostat (fixed by re-pairing with the hub)
- Thermostat doesn't respect changes in the high set point when on a schedule (unable to be resolved after multiple attempts from support)
- Keypad continues to beep while arming (Per support, this is the way it works now)
- Silent Arm also silences alarm (this is not how it's supposed to function, no fix from support)
- Keypad continues to beep after disarming and showing an off state. Only stops when batteries are removed. (This was the final straw and I canceled, I did not troubleshoot)
- There is no longer the filter reminder in the application and thus the run time hours are no longer adjustable.
- The application randomly logs me off (No fix offered)