flashing yellow light on hub
1 1

6 posts in this topic

does anyone know what the various lights on the Iris hub actually mean? I have through experience found the solid green means all OK and green and two red flashing lights mean hub offline, but what does one solid green with a single flashing yellow mean? mine seems to do this all the time yet everything is working, and the app system status says 'all systems OK'?

hence my confusion. nothing seems wrong and everything works except my hub shows a solid green and to its immediate right a flashing yellow. at first I figured it was updating or something.

although the app shows all systems OK the main screen has under thermostat 'device missing' but clicking on it shows the correct info showing the system is simply turned off. if turned on it will display normal on the main screen.

The flashing yellow means there's a device that is disconnected. You should not be seeing all systems OK on the app if you're getting a flashing yellow light.

I believe it also flashes yellow when you have a low battery too.  Mine almost always flashes yellow.

a low battery on the hub or a device? the sensors and such all show good battery and I got a low battery alert once when the thermostat batteries got low (but it stayed on when they were removed so how they got that low in only half a year is my guess) but I recharged them and that alert went away. I can reset my hub and it goes back to solid green and a few hours later it starts flashing yellow again.

it doesn't have any issues, a mere annoyance really, but it would be nice if they (Iris) had included a manual that had the meaning behind the lights, as they exist for a reason and I kinda hate being left in the dark!

the hub isn't just flashing yellow. it has one solid green lit and to its right a flashing yellow. the hub battery isn't low as I can unplug it and it still works. I haven't had the system long enough for the battery to expire

In my experience a low battery condition for any of my devices have never made the amber light flash before.  Usually signifies a wireless device has dropped offline.

My only suggestion at this point is:

- Power up all of your keyfobs and make sure the hub detects their presence

- Perform the "Test" for as many of your devices as you can, check the presence of the cameras (if you have them) on the network

- My one instance of the strange blinking amber was the Garage Door Opener had mysteriously dropped off the network.  If you have one, make sure you are still able to control...it might have dropped off the network.

- If you have smokes/CO Combos physically press and hold their test buttons such that the hub updates their status

If everything seems to work, a call to IRIS tech. should solve it.