Automatic disarming of the alarm in the morning
3 3

20 posts in this topic

It would be great if the alarm deactivated when in the Partial/Night setting in the morning at a preset time.  This would avoid the alarm being triggered due to forgetting to turn it off, or by guests staying over. I swear my father in law triggered it every day for the 2 weeks he stayed with us, in the morning! Obviously you only want this setting to work either when in Night mode/Partial and not in Away/On mode.

If you have a lock you can set home mode to at home when it unlocks. I have a sliding door I wish they had a door controller/lock for that.

I wonder if Ivee does something like this. I'm getting it in the mail tomorrow and will explore it some.

Hey Guys, I just posted the instructions for how I accomplish setting Night Mode and Home Mode automatically for my house.  I've had this running for over 6 months now and it's worked every single night and morning so I think it's a pretty solid solution even if it's a little manual to set up.  There's certainly a sexier way to do it if you use the API or something but this was may way before we discovered the API existed. Good Luck!

[HOW TO] Make Iris Automatically Set Modes

To follow on from Smooth1SITF mentioning Ivee. I have got one and you can't disarm the alarm using your voice. This makes sense as you should need a pin for security purposes. So not sure IVEE can automatically do this. 

You can disarm your alarm without a pin with IVEE by saying  "set mode to at home".  This assumes that you have home mode set with the alarm off. 

Ok will try the suggestion for setting to home mode. I had tried set alarm to off which didn't work. On a different note I wonder if the IFTT app on the iPhone could be used to create a recipe as they call them to automatically change the mode at a certain time using the IRIS app?

I tried setting to home mode using voice activation, and it worked. You have to be very precise in your wording. I won't say the command as it is a security gap to disarm without the pin.

If you have a lock you can set home mode to at home when it unlocks. I have a sliding door I wish they had a door controller/lock for that.

I thought about trying this too, but decided against it because what would stop someone from breaking the window in your door, and unlocking your door lock, then it would disarm the alarm as well.   If you manually unlock the locks, it still shows on the Iris website as "a lock being unlocked."   Kind of defeats the purpose of the alarm if it can be shut off in that way IMO. :) 

I thought about trying this too, but decided against it because what would stop someone from breaking the window in your door, and unlocking your door lock, then it would disarm the alarm as well.   If you manually unlock the locks, it still shows on the Iris website as "a lock being unlocked."   Kind of defeats the purpose of the alarm if it can be shut off in that way IMO. :)

Yes, but the magic rule behind this is if someone enters in the correct PIN to unlock the door or manually unlocks it with a key then YES, it would disarm the alarm. I used to use this rule and then decided against using it for that reason. I actually like the KEY FOBS and everyone in our house uses them. 

I've always had a saying....to beat a criminal....think like one! Well guess that's the Law Enforcement background in me. Once you spend enough time around the criminal element and see how they commit their crimes, you do start to think like them. How else can we outsmart them!

Just get a glass break sensor.

Yeah, that's on my list but after spending $$$ on 6 Kwiksets so I can lock/unlock my stores, I think my spending spree is on a HALT otherwise I'll hear her in my ear! 

Plus, I've heard folks say that dropping certain things sets the GBS off or triggers it. With kids running around and doing all sorts of stuff, I hate to have them be setting if off accidentally all the time. 

That's why I think I'll stay clear of the GBS for now. 

For my DSC system I just program them similar to the motion sensors so they would trigger an alarm only if it's armed "AWAY".