Santa Tracker
3 3

16 posts in this topic

Yes, but it is built into the iOS app. I had assumed it was built into the android app as well and not a separate app.

**edit**

Just checked, there is a separate IOS app as well. But it is definitely built into my V2 app, probably on android as well.

They can push updates to the platform that will reflect in the app which is pretty cool.  Today the new rules and a couple of devices were available in the Android app long before the app update was available in the market.

I think that's great because they can tweak things interium without having to push a complete app update meaning we should experience faster upgrades compared to V1.

I feel that after we get complete parity with V1 and the devs can spend time on new devices we're going to see a whole new list of devices being added to the platform.

Would have rather seen lights and switches card.

Right, I paired my outdoor switches with 2.0 tonight to try to get my xmas lights working. The switches were completely unreliable and half the settings I used last year were missing, then to rub it all in there was that stupid Santa tracker at the top of the app saying "we spent our time on this rather than getting the basic functionality working."

I'm generally patient and understanding with delays on things like this, but they should have realized that in the context of a buggy and unfinished platform, this isn't going to be well received.

Edited by peng1can
Original quoted post updated.

Hi everyone. Thank you for your feedback on the Santa Tracker. We think smart homes should be more than just smart, they should also be fun and are hoping this feature will help Iris users love where they live even more. We're constantly working to make sure the Next Generation of Iris reaches its full potential, and want you to know that the ability to do more with Lights and Switches will be available in the next app release. We've also been working hard on the Migration Wizard and it should be available in the near future. 

I am still waiting for my V2 hub, and I am continually having devices disconnect from my V1 hub.  Totally frustrated and shopping for a new home security/automation solution - probably SmartThings.  Seeing the announcement that they have released a Santa Tracker rather than using the resources to get frustrated clients a new stable platform is a sign that I am making the right decision.  They have become misguided and whoever is managing the Iris team at Lowes is failing miserably.  Just read the forums and how the V2 migration has been handled.  And someone decides to spend resources on a Santa Tracker???  I just dont get it.