Unusable - OSRAM Lightify A19 LED Bulb
5 5

47 posts in this topic

Mine have been solid also, with the exception of one that will disconnect maybe every few weeks (random bulb).  It disconnected and I reset it a couple of days (cycling power on the bulb).  I also found a bad breaker while resetting it because I didn't want to walk out to the garage and unlock it to reset it.  I installed a V2 smart plug in my garage a while back and that seemed to take care of all the strange disconnects.  Garage is about 100ft from the house.

Several people continue to have random disconnections or they just turn on by themselves (some reported in this very thread). Iris acknowledged there is an issue but we're still waiting.

I can confirm my single bulb (because I refuse to add more) continues to disconnect at least once every other day, more often multiple times a day.  This has NEVER gotten better since I started this thread!  My wife will inform me in a robot voice "bulb's stuck", and I initiate my routine of unscrewing it to power cycle it.  I assume Iris is incapable of 100% integrating with the software of OSRAM, so you get sporadic "mine works", "mine doesn't", etc...

I'm guessing you've already tried a soft reset on your hub? I've got three A19's on a 75 device system, and they are trouble-free. Dimming is accurate and dependable, they don't turn on or off unless asked to, and I've only had one drop-off with one bulb. Turned the lamp switch off and back on and haven't had the problem again.

Yes hub's been both reboot and power cycled for various reasons over the months.  That actually makes it worse for a few hours, I'm assuming because the ZWave/Zigbee networks need to then reconverge from scratch.

I'm also having this issue. It's been reported and they are working on a fix. Hopefully it will make next release. I had to unplug mine for now.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Yes hub's been both reboot and power cycled for various reasons over the months.  That actually makes it worse for a few hours, I'm assuming because the ZWave/Zigbee networks need to then reconverge from scratch.

I tried accessdenied79's suggestion (even though I had done this previously already) on the chance than somehow after the firmware updates unpairing and re-pairing would work. After removing it form my network and re-pairing it it is still turning on at random times, but at least I'm down to one disconnection per week as opposed to a daily disconnection. Try it at your end until IRIS addresses this issue (hopefully soon but it has been months already...).

I tried accessdenied79's suggestion (even though I had done this previously already) on the chance than somehow after the firmware updates unpairing and re-pairing would work. After removing it form my network and re-pairing it it is still turning on at random times, but at least I'm down to one disconnection per week as opposed to a daily disconnection. Try it at your end until IRIS addresses this issue (hopefully soon but it has been months already...).

One other thing I did was purchased the Osram hub and did a firmware update on all my bulbs several months back.  It didn't fix the light turning on by itself at the time that I did the update, but now mine hasn't turned on by itself in a very long time. 

I have one Osram A19 RGBW bulb (a stock number officially supported by Iris starting in, I believe, the July update) in use in my small system. It's been installed for about a month and a half as an outdoor porch light. It's part of scene that turns my outdoor lights on/off at sunset/sunrise.

I had a couple of disconnects with it (of course I noticed when it didn't turn on or off, since the system takes a day to notify me about the disconnect, grrr), each time powercycling the bulb at the wall switch would reconnect it. So I added a V2 smartplug on the other side of the wall in case it was a coverage issue. Last night I noticed it didn't turn on. But I checked the history in the app and it hadn't disconnected! In fact, the history shows no entry for Iris turning it on after the scene ran, or that it had disconnected either. Just nothing. I tried to manually turn it on in the app with no change (acted unresponsive). So I cycled the power and then I was able to control it (but no reconnect message in the history).

So I don't know if that's a bulb issue or an Iris issue.But it's frustrating because if I'm away, I could see on camera (non-Iris) if it wasn't on, but there would be no way to manually cycle the power.

Edit/update: And it didn't turn off this morning with the off scene. Again nothing in the history. I checked the scene and the bulb off is there.

My lightly bulb went back to its "possessed" state of turning itself on at random times, or disconnecting every other day. Back to the drawing board. Wish Iris would confirm they are still working on a solution for this issue...

Mine has been stable since the last major update.

The fact that some people are experiencing zero issues while others are cursed would seem to indicate that the problem with these bulbs is on Iris' end, and not the bulb themselves; there must be some issues with the way the bulb's programming handles network traffic that stumps it for some and not others depending on their individual traffic demands/wifi setups. Maybe?

There was an issue with the firmware. Might try another remove and pairing again to see if it updates the firmware.

Thanks for the suggestion. The hub updates automatically, as you know, but are you saying that devices need to be unpaired for their firmware to be updated, or that it re-pairing triggers a failed firmware update for a device?

My Osram randomly disconnected a few days ago. I left it to see if it would reconnect. It didn't I force removed it today and reconnected it by unscrewing it and then screwed it in while hub was in pair mode. It reconnected and seems ok but it has only been a few hours.