Lock Access Controls
3 3

14 posts in this topic

Wanted to bring this back and also add that we need the rule that will notify you if too many incorrect entries are made.

Also not really a parity issue but these locks are capable of 6 or even 8 digit pin codes.  It would nice to add that ability to Iris.

Wanted to bring this back and also add that we need the rule that will notify you if too many incorrect entries are made.

Also not really a parity issue but these locks are capable of 6 or even 8 digit pin codes.  It would nice to add that ability to Iris.

I heard that a rule for too many pin code attempts would be added to 1.11, but I don't see it.  Am I missing it?

I have hesitated from purchasing any locks because of these issues. The other reason is the lack of display models at my local Lowes. I'm not spending a couple hundred bucks on a lockset that I can't eyeball and test and feel the quality of the build and how it actually looks. My local Lowes has only two Kwikset locksets in stock and they are antique bronze and brushed nickel. All the locksets on my home are polished brass which I would bet is the majority of locksets sold in the past 50 years. People I would think would want what I do and that is something that compliments their existing hardware. All my door hardware is Schlage and I'd like to be able to rekey to match other doors on the house and garage so that I still only need one key to operate them all. I have 7 exterior doors and I don't plan to replace them all with Iris compatible locksets, only the three doors that we use most often.

This page on the Schlage website lists their integration with various HA systems.
http://www.schlage.com/partners/intg-feat/home/integrators.html

I have hesitated from purchasing any locks because of these issues. The other reason is the lack of display models at my local Lowes. I'm not spending a couple hundred bucks on a lockset that I can't eyeball and test and feel the quality of the build and how it actually looks. My local Lowes has only two Kwikset locksets in stock and they are antique bronze and brushed nickel. All the locksets on my home are polished brass which I would bet is the majority of locksets sold in the past 50 years. People I would think would want what I do and that is something that compliments their existing hardware. All my door hardware is Schlage and I'd like to be able to rekey to match other doors on the house and garage so that I still only need one key to operate them all. I have 7 exterior doors and I don't plan to replace them all with Iris compatible locksets, only the three doors that we use most often.

This page on the Schlage website lists their integration with various HA systems.

http://www.schlage.com/partners/intg-feat/home/integrators.html

I had the Kwikset locks at first but didn't like the idea of shared button numbers, reduced security of codes.  Also it seemed like the Kwikset lock went through batteries faster.  I changed over to the Schlage touchscreen and the batteries lasted a lot longer, motor didn't sound like it was struggling, and it was nice to have one number per button.  I like the Schlage a lot better and the build quality seems solid.  When I have to buy another one, it will be the Schlage again.  Just giving you my two cents.

Schlage was very good to me on V1 when I was spending 8 months trying to get a door lock working 22 ft. from the hub.

I do credit the one Lowes Tier ! tech who stuck with me through the issue, but I was at wits end and called Schlage about the issue and they sent me another door lock with no RMA required.

That is service.