Device disconnection notification
4 4

Device disconnect notifications  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the ability to choose your device disconnection notification preference?

• I would like to have the choice to set my notification to immediate possibly with a time parameter
    • I am happy with the current delayed notification

44 posts in this topic

I'd be happy with anything that's less the 24 hours because it's USELESS. I don't understand why it has to be so long. Does the Amber light on the HUB blink like it did with V1 when a device is immediate disconnected? This is how I always knew I had something disconnected and would log in to see what it was. I'd fix it right away, like way before 24 hours is even up. I haven't had anything disconnect yet on V2 to see if in fact there is a light notification on the Hub to let you be aware of an issue. 

This feature is an important NEED.  Just tonight, a circuit at my home lost power. Through sheer coincidence my wife discovered the dead circuit.  There is a smart Plug on this circuit that was obviously Off Line since the power was out to that circuit.  If IRIS would have notified me within 30 minutes, the heater outage would not have been serious.  But 24 hours is too long.  But since we can't agree how long is too long...

Can you hear me IRIS? 

Make this a user or account programmable setting from 15 minutes to 72 hours. 

Oh, and please hurry.  I almost lost some pets.

My hub did notify me immediately tonight when I unplugged it from power on v2 firmware .39.

That's just the HUB and it's the only thing so far that I've noticed that notifies pretty much right away when it's offline. All the other stuff seems to be 24 hours. Secondly why would you take away the blinking Yellow Light like on the V1 hub. That was always my go to that would tell me something is a miss with My IRIS system. That needs to be added to V2 as well as a timer that is User definable for any offline item. 

That's just the HUB and it's the only thing so far that I've noticed that notifies pretty much right away when it's offline. All the other stuff seems to be 24 hours.

Yep

Secondly why would you take away the blinking Yellow Light like on the V1 hub. That was always my go to that would tell me something is a miss with My IRIS system. That needs to be added to V2 as well as a timer that is User definable for any offline item.

You should log a v1 parity thread for it.

this would be great. I have our Coffee pot plugged into a smart plug and it turns OFF whenever the alarm system is armed (After the wife left it on one day). Now she likes to unplug the entire unit from the wall but if it doesn't get used for 24 hours I get an alert. 

this would be great. I have our Coffee pot plugged into a smart plug and it turns OFF whenever the alarm system is armed (After the wife left it on one day). Now she likes to unplug the entire unit from the wall but if it doesn't get used for 24 hours I get an alert. 

You could solve the problem of her unplugging the smart plug by installing a GE Z wave outlet at that location.  http://www.lowes.com/pd_650033-1353-12721222___?productId=50329997&pl=1&Ntt=works+with+iris You can schedule them just like you can a smart plug.  It is a bad idea to unplug smart plugs because that serve as repeaters.  Unplugging them can interfere with connectivity of other devices,

After going away for the weekend, I discovered that my 1st gen keyfob will notify me when it's disconnected for 24 hours.  That's stupid.  

I noticed this for the first time this weekend as well. Neither myself or my wife are typically away from home for more than 24 hours, so I'm not sure how long it has worked like this.

I think this was our first "stay" away from home since going on V2. 

It is preposterous that an alarm system does not have this feature as standard. Why would anyone have to leave their home unprotected before a notification that a device was disconnected?

It's far worse than that.  The entire hub can be disconnected for up to 24 hours before you will get a notification about it being offline.  The hub disconnect is not even logged in the history.  And, of course, nothing that happens while the hub is offline will ever get logged.  So, someone could disconnect your internet, break in and as long as they reconnected your internet on the way out, there would be zero indication in IRIS that anything ever happened.  

Very not cool. I was in the climate section and swiped left to right. It brought up my CO/Smoke alarms. It said the one downstairs was disconnected which is obviously a very bad thing. 

Went to the devices section and it showed as connected. 

I can see a short delay as so many devices connect and disconnect, but safety devices shouldn't have such a big delay.

NEVER really paid much attention to this when on V1.  I do know that I always received notifications when my hub was unplugged immediately and also immediately when reconnected.

Yesterday I had a motion on my mailbox disconnected at 9:50 am.  I had been working on it all day trying to get it reconnected.  I moved the mailbox and it is a connectivity distance issue.  BUT TODAY, at exactly 9:50 I received the notification from yesterday.  It was EXACTLY 24 hours.

WHAT is the purpose of this?  I would think that IF they can notify you 24 hours later, then they certainly have the capability of sending out the notification as soon as it goes offline.  

I don't understand this site?  Is this site monitored by LOWES?  IF SO, whey don't they address any of the "important" questions that people have?