Login "Remember Me"
2 2

16 posts in this topic

Setting things up for my in laws, and they mentioned they keep having to login when they exit the app or restart their phone. Sure enough, there's no "remember me" option that remembers their login. Is there any way to have the app remember their user/pass? As older folks, I know it's something they'd appreciate ????

Try just backing out of the login screen and launching the app again.

IOS or Android?

This is for iOS-- if they don't force quit the app or restart their phone, it's fine (they can leave the app to do other things, then come back to it and be fine).

It's happening to me a lot also. Backing out and trying again doesn't seem to resolve it any more.

Thanks for the feedback-- glad it's not just us. So is this something that *used* to work? If so, that gives me hope that it will be fixed.

Thanks for the feedback-- glad it's not just us. So is this something that *used* to work? If so, that gives me hope that it will be fixed.

It never *used* to work.  It's just been broken to varying degrees throughout the V2 process.  Seriously, this is #1 on my list of things that worries me about the future of Iris.  They can't even get the freaking apps to stay logged in - isn't that app development 101?

It never *used* to work.  It's just been broken to varying degrees throughout the V2 process.  Seriously, this is #1 on my list of things that worries me about the future of Iris.  They can't even get the freaking apps to stay logged in - isn't that app development 101?

No it's a "anti-pattern". Mobile apps should NOT stay logged in 100% of the time. You don't want your bank account available to anyone that steals your phone.

So:

• there is no "good" option for keeping an app logged in (in the SDKs) (There are work around's)
  • Things like login expiration
  • User data structure changes
  • Device time changes
  • device power and network states

A mobile device can not stay "logged it". What it can do is store your user name and password. However that has it's own catches.  So I understand why they don't store your credentials, but, there should be an option to do so.

No it's a "anti-pattern". Mobile apps should NOT stay logged in 100% of the time. You don't want your bank account available to anyone that steals your phone.

So:

• there is no "good" option for keeping an app logged in (in the SDKs) (There are work around's)
  • Things like login expiration
  • User data structure changes
  • Device time changes
  • device power and network states

A mobile device can not stay "logged it". What it can do is store your user name and password. However that has it's own catches.  So I understand why they don't store your credentials, but, there should be an option to do so.

Even if we disregard tokens and sessions and all the methods that hundreds of other apps (and Android itself) use to address these problems, it sounds like "security philosophy" is being used to justify what is pretty clearly a bug.  It's not that the login session is timing out -  you can often re-open the app later and it will magically be logged back in.

I'm not even sure it's better for Lowe's if we blame this on "security is hard." Step 1 still should have been to build a reliable, predictable security model (whatever that may be) and make it clear enough that users know what to expect. Having the app randomly log in and out doesn't give people the sense that their homes are safe and secure.

Driving down road and phone rings with message alarm is going off. Quickly pull over and pull up app. Have to log in again. When in a hurry my fat fingers manage to mess things up. This not good. App should stay logged in unless you purposely unlog. Such as I do on my banking app, etc.

Still irritating, I feel this belongs in the bug and wish it would get fixed.  I like the idea of a pin code should I choose to secure this app, not logging me out.  I also wish they'd develop the ability for other users to get app access (without using my credentials).

This is a very irritating bug that cause you to have to login half the time you use the IOS app.  It should store user name and password and then use finger print reader to allow login on IOS.  Please fix this ASAP, it is a problem.