1st Gen Motion Sensor
2 2

8 posts in this topic

I can't seem to get my 1st gen motion sensor to pair with 2nd Gen hub. I went into pairing mode in the app. The hub's green light flashes and that's about all that happens. New battery in sensor by the way. It used to work with the 1st Gen hub. Any help on this would be appreciated.

So I have successfully paired and have been using a 1st gen motion sensor. All is well. I bought a second one and when I paired it, the first one I had been using disappeared when I rebuilt the network and it only shows the new one. Any ideas why the first one is gone?

Rebuilding your network only affects Z-wave devices so it shouldn't have any affect on a motion sensor.  I've never seen a device just disappear on its own.  Are you sure you didn't inadvertently remove it?  If you go into your device list does it show any unknown devices?

It was not in the device list anymore. Almost as if the new one took the identity of the installed one. I ended up taking the one that disappeared and reset it and it paired successfully and both are showing now. Weird.