Open/Close Garage Door With Fob
3 3

25 posts in this topic

Home and family, run a scene when I arrive and run a scene with I leave.  The scenes open or close the door.

This only works if you are willing to wait in your driveway up to five minutes before the door opens because it can take the hub that long to sense the fob present, if at all.

Being able to use one of the buttons on the smart fob is useful if you have a pet sitter or house keeper.  I would not have to give them a key or remote control. Just have them use the smart fob to turn on/off security and open close garage door. I would also like to be able to set up a schedule so if say a housekeeper came by on an off day they could not get in or turn the alarm off.

True but with using the key fob you won't need a garage door opener in your car, so if someone breaks into your car they won't be able to open your garage with the opener.

Isn't your car already in the garage?

If the smart button can be used to start a scene it doesn't seem like it would take much effort to add a rule for the smart fob and we could use one of the four buttons to turn the lights out, lock the doors, and close the garage door without having to wait for the system to decide that the key fob left ~10 minutes later.

Then another button could be set for arriving home, to turn on a light or two, open the garage door, and unlock a door instantly. Of course this can already happen if you just set one of the buttons to run a rule but don't assign anything then push the button when you get back to wake the system up to the fact that the fob is back. But there is no way to speed up the away detection.

I too would like to see this feature added to the fobs.  Mine are hit or miss as to how long it takes to connect to the hub when returning.  I have a Gen 1 fob that I put under my motorcycle seat and have a scene assigned to it so that when I return, it opens the door.  So far it works pretty well, but it would be useful to have the ability to use one of the buttons on the Gen 2 fob for this as well.

Thanks to Iris support's latest update, we are now able to open/close the garage door and run scenes via the Fobs buttons!

Yeah, one button to open it and the other button to close it :unsure:  It shouldn't have to be two buttons!

I have 2 doors, so 1 to open and different to close makes it easier for me. At least right now. One push opens both doors and turns off alarm. If it was a toggle, an open door would close unless I assigned a different button to that door. I like it as it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have 2 doors, so 1 to open and different to close makes it easier for me. At least right now. One push opens both doors and turns off alarm. If it was a toggle, an open door would close unless I assigned a different button to that door. I like it as it is.

Yeah, I can see that.  Unusual to open two garage doors when you come home...curious.

I park my bike in a detached shop, and usually enter the house through the garage door. Otherwise I have to wade through the herd of dogs in the back yard and they want to go in the house with me