Android App with Galaxy S5
1 1

5 posts in this topic

New to the forum and Iris. i am having a few issues with the android app. First, does anyone else have a connection issue? My wife and I both have s5's and my app seems to function fine. Hers however, does not connect regularly. If we uninstall then re install it will work once. after that no connection again. as I said same phones, same network connection and the two phones next to each other on my kitchen table. My second question is, with the s 5 does anyone know how to get into the settings for the app? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

My guess would be that she has an app installed that you don't on yours and it could be interfering with the IRIS app. Believe it or not Andriod Phones are like PC's and need to be rebooted every now and then. Sometimes we even have to wipe them clean and re-install apps. I've had to once or twice on my Galaxy phones. Reboot them and then check them first. Then see what she has in apps that you don't have. Delete them and check IRIS again. The last resort would be to back up the phone and wipe it clean. 

I have the galaxy s5, as well as a nexsus 10 tablet. I haven't had any issues using either or both at the same time. As far as the settings. I cant find it on my s5 either, however they are three dots in the bottom right corner of my tablet. they don't do much though. just:  [sign out], [settings]: PIN LOCK, Enable voice control, [status] (same as status on main screen).

on the topic of android app - has anyone else switched from iPhone to android?  For me, the android app is significantly slower than the iOS app (to refresh status and allow remotely controlling switches etc.), which was kind of disappointing :unsure: