Full Smartvent Integration
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I made the investment in the Keen Smartvent system.  I have to say that the rule set for this is a joke.  When you buy smartvents...  you don't want open the vent when I come in the room and keep it closed when I am not... This will cause cold spots and warm spots and what about when I am asleep... it would close the vent... Come on... The rules we are looking for is that we can make one room warmer or colder than another.  If you look at what Keen is doing with their Smart Bridge they are getting auto settings.

I want Iris to understand when the thermostat is set to Heat vs. Cooling and be able to say if I want a room 1 degree colder or hotter on that setting.  I also want to change that temperature adjustment based upon time of day or maybe by motion.

Right now I can do vents open and closed or partial on a schedule, but what I really am looking for is the home to be smart.  You know what the temperature is set at on the thermostat... so, make the house that temperature throughout or with these slight variations.  Also, put the vents in rooms that way I can adjust a room that has multiple thermostats together.

Right now this is such an immature feature that I have had to move over to the Smart Bridge from Keen, which you don't sell in Lowe's and took a month to get.

Ecovent does almost exactly what you're wanting, and you can use ecovent with your entire house instead of only a third (which is the most keen vents suggest using) because of the back pressure concerns.

At three to three times the cost of a Keen Vent....no thanks.