Android 1.7
3 3

40 posts in this topic

And I'm already having problems. Just so happened hub updated tonight. I also bought a V2 motion sensor and lighitify flood lamp. Light works fine with Iris so paired motion sensor with idea motion sensor would turn floodlight on. No dice. Motion sensor once connected senses motion once and doesn't pick up motion again. Doesn't unpair or disconnect from iris hub though. Have unpaired from hub, reset motion sensor and repaired and same thing, only detects motion once and not again and when setup to detect motion and turn flood lamp on doesn't work. Sigh...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I'm already having problems. Just so happened hub updated tonight. I also bought a V2 motion sensor and lighitify flood lamp. Light works fine with Iris so paired motion sensor with idea motion sensor would turn floodlight on. No dice. Motion sensor once connected senses motion once and doesn't pick up motion again. Doesn't unpair or disconnect from iris hub though. Have unpaired from hub, reset motion sensor and repaired and same thing, only detects motion once and not again and when setup to detect motion and turn flood lamp on doesn't work. Sigh...

Which rule are you using to turn the light on?

This one...

Yep, that should work.  Once it detects motion and turns the device on, the timer for the motion runs for whatever you set the"for awhile" to.  For example, if you set the "for awhile" variable to 10 min the motion detector will not detect motion for that amount of time.  After the time has expired, the sensor will detect motion again.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh where's the motion lighting rule timer fix. We need the activate light on motion rule to start its shutoff timer after no motion is detected and reset again if motion interrupts it. The lights are constantly shutting off on me while I'm in the room still.

I was able to add my water softener but v2 doesn't have any of the water flow rules to close the water valve.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh where's the motion lighting rule timer fix. We need the activate light on motion rule to start its shutoff timer after no motion is detected and reset again if motion interrupts it. The lights are constantly shutting off on me while I'm in the room still.

I agree...

Why can't I set motion to turn light/lamp on ONLY if alarm is armed partial? For example, the time settings about turning a light on if motion is detected doesn't need to be done if we are still up. Want motion to detect and then lights on only in partial mode that way as I go through house for a drink my path is Illuminated.

Why can't I set motion to turn light/lamp on ONLY if alarm is armed partial? For example, the time settings about turning a light on if motion is detected doesn't need to be done if we are still up. Want motion to detect and then lights on only in partial mode that way as I go through house for a drink my path is Illuminated.

You can schedule the rule to only fire at night.

I have a Nexus 9, everything still working.

What version of Android OS? My phone and my 7" cheap tablet now error out with "Unfortunately, Iris by Lowe's has stopped." trying to open security card from either device.

Phone is 4.1.2 (Old rugged Samsung), think cheap tablet is 4.4.

Guess my happy experience has turned on me.  Will try removing the app first.

Dredwolf (Still kinda optimistic)