completely disapointed
2 2

36 posts in this topic

Lowe's is on track to have a significant portion of V1 parity complete in the next month, if you can wait it out I'm sure you will be happy in the long run.

Geez.

This is the same message I recieved in 2012, and by 2015 Version 1 was pretty good.

Lowe's must have a script from 4 years ago that they still use to copy and paste messages.

Geez.

This is the same message I recieved in 2012, and by 2015 Version 1 was pretty good.

Lowe's must have a script from 4 years ago that they still use to copy and paste messages.

This would be funny if I were in any way affiliated with Lowe's.

I just got a UPS shipping/tracking notification e-mail out-of-the-blue from "LOWES - CDP".  I'm assuming that this is the V2 hub.  If that's the case, until the v2 platform stabilizes and achieves full parity, it will be sitting in the box unopened until the cows come home.  My v1 environment is working just fine and I'm in NO RUSH to migrate to v2.  The only frustration with v1 is that I can no longer expand my current environment because Lowe's has snatched all the v1-only compliant gear off the shelves...

I just got a UPS shipping/tracking notification e-mail out-of-the-blue from "LOWES - CDP".  I'm assuming that this is the V2 hub.  If that's the case, until the v2 platform stabilizes and achieves full parity, it will be sitting in the box unopened until the cows come home.  My v1 environment is working just fine and I'm in NO RUSH to migrate to v2.  The only frustration with v1 is that I can no longer expand my current environment because Lowe's has snatched all the v1-only compliant gear off the shelves...

It is the hub.

Myself and others are selling off our V1 stuff at dirt cheap prices in the off topic/for sale subforum, might want to check there for some deals.

2nd version is trash, lowes apparently did not fully test it, help is trash, took half hour to get human help. They admit there are pairing problems with the wall switches. Set alarm fully first time, within 19 minutes got false alarm trigger. Used the silence alarm keypad set feature, stupid thing silenced everything, including open and closing door announcements. 1st Gen key fobs indicate people coming and going, even though they're both sitting on the counter. Sensors keep connecting and reconnecting. What the heck are the iris techs doing. Too much money invested in this system that before worked without a hitch. Had a second generation fob, so poorly made, went to install battery, little clip on the side simply broke off, had to return to store. What would be the reason for NOT creating a Web based control interface. Did the idiots really think that all users had a smart phone. Maybe a class action lawsuit would straighten Loews out for producing the trash. Rant over.

Guest Ferrismar   
Guest Ferrismar

I'm in on the class action, I think it will carry more weight if it is filed after they turn V1 off, especially if they turn V1 off and everyone hasn't gone to V2 or they have yet to achieve "parity".

I am not a lawyer but I do have drinks with some on occasion. :)

Are you guys off your freaking rocker?  1st of all do you think a class action suit is going to have any financial impact on a Fortune 50 company?  Have you ever been a part of a class action whereby you received a check for a couple of bucks or a voucher for a discount on future purchases and the lawyers received 500 million dollars?

Get real, we all have complaints and justifiably so in many case but to threaten class is insanity and a waste of time.  If you're unhappy with Iris freaking move on. 

If you're unhappy with Iris freaking move on.

I agree.

If you don't like Iris products then take them back. Many Lowes stores I've dealt with will take stuff back with or without the receipt and with or without the packaging. Just speak with the store management. Very rarely have I been disappointed by Lowes store management.

If you are unhappy with the paid service, and you feel like you've been sold something other than what you've expected, then cancel the service and contact your credit card company for a chargeback. It's not a complicated process, and YMMV depending on your CC company.

Just about everyone on this forum who use v2 are disappointed how Iris was released with so many bugs and without all the familiar functionality from v1. Essentially we have all been ongoing, unpaid beta testers for essentally a build-and-fix product. But at the same time we must all remember that Lowes is pretty new in this arena (v1 was developed by AlertMe). Hopefully their processes for development and testing will mature rapidly.

Whoah, it seems emotions are running a bit strong here tonight.  Yes, V2 has issues, thats no secret, it's all over the reviews of the product on lowes.com, and widely discussed here and on social media.  Not exactly a well-kept secret, and its not like anyone forced a gun to anyones head and made them switch over to V2.

Now, with that said it's unfortunate that the rushed release of V2 has put Lowe's into a difficult struggle to maintain customer satisfaction..  It's no secret V2 was put to market with a fractional feature set and inadequate testing, a fact that left many customers justifiably upset.  Then, in an attempt to improve the customer experience Lowes held back shipping of V2 hubs for systems with unsupported devices or features, and people still complained of the delay.  It's truly a no-win scenario at this point, but what it is not however, is a problem in need of a lawyer.

Now for my own little rant, it is my perception that there are a select few here who continuously make vitriolic posts about how V2 is unusable, a piece of junk, etc.  If V2 is so bad, how is it that many of the power and super users here are able to make Iris do what they need, albeit not perfectly, but well enough to continue to build out and invest in the platform?  

Just saying... 

Now for my own little rant, it is my perception that there are a select few here who continuously make vitriolic posts about how V2 is unusable, a piece of junk, etc. If V2 is so bad, how is it that many of the power and super users here are able to make Iris do what they need, albeit not perfectly, but well enough to continue to build out and invest in the platform?

Just saying...

I'm not fueling for debate here, but my problem is that while yes, us power users etc have been able to make the system work(quite effectively work at that) my problem is how much work, tinkering, and trials is require of US to MAKE it work. This system should have had much better testing, or not been rushed to market and launched as entirely new system. We shouldn't be required to exert this much effort to get something to, in my opinion, work as it is advertised to do. I have messed with my system and have countless hours into just flat out messing with it to get it where it is. Usable, certainly, but for a system sold in a box designed to work, I certainly can't say mine "worked" out of the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure not a power user, but mine didn't take a lot of work to accomplish everything (almost) that I was doing with Gen1. The only thing left for me is the dusk to dawn scheduling, and a web interface. There have been a couple of hiccups when pairing a device or two, but nothing more than when I paired something with Gen 1. I also have far more control over most of the functions than I ever thought of with Gen 1.

I'm not fueling for debate here, but my problem is that while yes, us power users etc have been able to make the system work(quite effectively work at that) my problem is how much work, tinkering, and trials is require of US to MAKE it work. This system should have had much better testing, or not been rushed to market and launched as entirely new system. We shouldn't be required to exert this much effort to get something to, in my opinion, work as it is advertised to do. I have messed with my system and have countless hours into just flat out messing with it to get it where it is. Usable, certainly, but for a system sold in a box designed to work, I certainly can't say mine "worked" out of the box.

I don't think anyone would disagree with that. Seldom does a day go by where I'm am not voluntarily submitting bug reports or providing information on existing bugs to support. I honestly spend about an hour a day on Iris at this point, but it doesn't bother me as I really enjoy pushing technology to its limits.

Name one HA hub currently available that doesn't require tinkering, its still a young technology that has a niche community

Name one HA hub currently available that doesn't require tinkering, its still a young technology that has a niche community

Iris V1   :P

But, seriously...

Only time I have to tinker with V1 is when adding new items, which (other than my water shut-off valve, which was put on the shelf prior to being supported by the system) has always been a pretty straight forward affair.  It just works, and I've got all kinds of stuff on it.  Cameras, switches, outlets, outdoor modules, motion sensors, door/window sensors, water valve, water softener, water sensors, key fobs, ?.  I can't even remember everything right now.

I'm still going to be all over Lowes until there is parity, but I also just ordered 2 more fan switches, 15 more light switches, and 4 more cameras for my basement finish project.  They are all getting hooked to V1 for as long as it's on, or until there is parity.

I'm passionate in my topics and replies for a few reasons.  1.  I want V2 to be great.  2. I had thousands invested in Iris V1 when they told us it was getting mothballed.  3. V1 IS reliable.  4. My wife already knows V1, my parents already know V1.  

BTW, the water shut off valve is the best when giving a toddler a bath.  She always wants "more water" and goes for the handle or reaches out and flushes the toilet.  During bathtime, I just close the water valve, and turn it back on after.  No danger of burning herself on hot water, or wasting water by running way too much or flushing the toilet 10 times.

I clearly said I wasn't fueling for debate.

None the less, if Iris doesn't work out of box it shouldn't be advertised as a total solution. I like what i have and am glad I've worked for it; I just feel it's being misrepresented by lowes for what it does and doesn't do.

It wouldn't be the issue of GETTING LITTLE CHE KS OR DISCOUNTS, but the publicity that would unfold behind a so called fortune 500 company. Ver2 is trash, that's it. System keeps reportING disconnected devices and reconnects, won't work at all if Internet fails, had to replace dead batteries after 2 months. Do you buy a tv, stereo, car that operates half turd? Lowes simply needs to get their act together and do what should have been done, before the new hub was released. I've been in electronics and building my own systems and computers since the 70's, this V2 as it stands now is trash.

It wouldn't be the issue of GETTING LITTLE CHE KS OR DISCOUNTS, but the publicity that would unfold behind a so called fortune 500 company. Ver2 is trash, that's it. System keeps reportING disconnected devices and reconnects, won't work at all if Internet fails, had to replace dead batteries after 2 months. Do you buy a tv, stereo, car that operates half turd? Lowes simply needs to get their act together and do what should have been done, before the new hub was released. I've been in electronics and building my own systems and computers since the 70's, this V2 as it stands now is trash.

Bitch bitch bitch, sell the hub and move on. Easy solution

Bitch bitch bitch, sell the hub and move on. Easy solution

I see we have idiots on this forum. It's not the idea of , itch, itch, it's the idea of buying so much into the system and having a supposed better system, not work.

Sent from my SM-T357T using Tapatalk