V2 keypad battery life
3 3

24 posts in this topic

Have any fix been found for the battery life on the new keypad? I need to add another keypad, and I'm trying to decide if I want keypad on noises, i.e., the v1, or if I want to go ahead and get another V2 keypad. I had a v2 keypad, but returned it after the batteries died in less than a month and have needing using my old v1 for now.

I've had a couple of the V2 keypads installed for a few months and I'll still on the original batteries.  I also have 3 V1 keypads and I still prefer them better except for the muffled audio.

I had to replace one of my V2 keypads batteries after about 6 weeks.  I had also noticed that it had on a couple occasions stuck "beeping" during an exit delay and never stopped.  Made me wonder how many times that had happened in the past.  It's since been re-paired to the system and the batteries have been in a month.  

That being said, I have a V1 keypad using the original set of batteries which have been in over 2 years.  YMMV

I've had to replace batteries in one of mine three times. I'm on my fourth set now. Another I had to replace twice. Then I have a third one I only had to replace once. I would say there's something going on with them related to a light staying on or beeping. Something is not right with the v2 keypads' battery life.

I made note of when I replaced the batteries on my two (v2) keypads.  They lasted 10 weeks and and 7 weeks.  These are incredibly expensive batteries!  At this rate, I'll spend $150/year on batteries for just the two keypads.  GRRR.  Is this normal, or should I be contacting Iris and trying to get them replaced?

I made note of when I replaced the batteries on my two (v2) keypads.  They lasted 10 weeks and and 7 weeks.  These are incredibly expensive batteries!  At this rate, I'll spend $150/year on batteries for just the two keypads.  GRRR.  Is this normal, or should I be contacting Iris and trying to get them replaced?

There was a firmware update to the keypads in the last few days that was designed to solve this problem.  I'd start the test over and compare results.

BTW, are these keypads located in an area that are being motion activated by something in close proximity causing the lights to come on frequently?

The chimes are back on the V1 keypads, I have yet to replace batteries in my V1 keypad, and new sealed V1 keypads have been going cheap on eBay...  Id just pick up another V1 keypad while you can still get new ones. Later if they get V2 ones working, you can get one that is "pretty." However judging the other reviews battery life is just one of the problems.

I replaced all three of my V2 keypads with the V1's.   I was replacing batteries on what seemed to be a daily basis.  They are CRAP!

Odd,  I also replaced all of my v1 keypads with v2 ones and really like them.  I have five and some have been in use since v2 first came out without issue.  Only one has needed the originally supplied generic batteries replaced.  I love the presence sensor and lighted keys.

I agree I prefer the V2 keypads as well.  My oldest one has been connected for almost 7 months and I just got a notification a few days ago that the battery level was low.

Yep and they are not exactly supplied with tier 1 batteries.  I am hopeful that tier 1 batteries will perform better.

Thanks, that good news.  And, no, I don't think their lights are triggered by proximity sensors unusually often, but the one with the shorter battery life is the one that I've mentioned elsewhere--its top two lights stay on after setting the alarm unless we remember to wave our hand in front of it an extra time.  Maybe the firmware update fixed that, too.  We ordered some batteries on Amazon so that we're not paying the crazy prices at Ace Hardware, etc., so I haven't started the experiment again yet.

There was a firmware update to the keypads in the last few days that was designed to solve this problem.  I'd start the test over and compare results.

BTW, are these keypads located in an area that are being motion activated by something in close proximity causing the lights to come on frequently?

36 minutes ago, accessdenied79 said:

My keypad disconnected today, this is the last battery status "Keypad  80%"  Any one else all of a sudden lose keypad batteries or did both of mine just take the lithium nose dive from 80%.

I know I had a keypad show 20% battery and then after taking the batteries out and testing them. Each at 2.89 volts it went back to 70% 

I've used these as well and found they last just as long as the Duracell or Energizer batteries.  The problem isn't with the battery it's the way the keypads operate.  The infrared sensor is always on which shortens the battery life.

Anyone found V1 keypads for sale anywhere?

I've watched eBay and searched Lowes website every
few days for a month but none ever pop up at either place.

I'd like to have another keypad but don't like the 2G version.

On 1/31/2017 at 6:57 PM, accessdenied79 said:

I just ordered a 6 pack of these.  I never liked energizer anyways and that is all I can find at Lowe's.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00119Q972/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I strongly advise you not to spend more money on the Surefire 123's. I bought a box of 20 for flashlights. Every single one lasted for mere minutes before dying.  Here's the kicker: When I called Surefire to get them replaced, they said I had to ship the whole lot back to them for them to be "checked", and that there was no guarantee that they would replace them, and, that shipping was on me. He then said, it's probably cheaper for you to just buy more batteries. We're pretty finicky about agreeing to replace them.

Haven't bought a Surefire product since.